Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    BTW, I can't do anything on Live -- no xbox. But hey, anyone who wants to find me can. I'm, uhm. Not very secretive, eh?
    My Wii isn't online much these days, mainly because I'm using Wiifreeloader with an NTSC copy of SSBB and I have not completed it yet so I'm dreading the firmware update that Nintendo fixed the freeloader with. Do send me your Wii ID though as I'd love more level headed gamers as my friends across all my platforms.

My PS3 is being repaired but my PSN is A7MAD_AU do send me a request but don't let it bother you if I reply in up to 6 weeks as Sony wanted that long to repair my unit.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Forum Sage
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim
    How about, we keep our opinions to ourselves and just try the new scheme. If after a trial period it doesn't work, raise the point again. Thats pretty fair.

My lord, this reshuffle has caused more threats of leaving/anger etc than FFXIII going multiplatform.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    With those subforums gone, I'm not seeing much additional point. They were useful to a lot of users, including many of us who have a PS3 and even own games for it.

Having them go away strikes me as ridiculous. They weren't doing any harm -- so the only reason for them to be gone is to coddle people who are offended by the mere existence of non-Sony things.

Those people are bad enough already; the more you encourage them, the worse they'll get.

Big rule of forum administration: The people who complain the loudest will not stop when you appease them. They will keep doing it because it worked, and they will not stop until you've eliminated everyone and everything they didn't like -- at which point you have no forum..
    Thats exactly whats happening right now. You hit the nail right on the head. @Rikwakefield- Its been an honor to call you my friend and this forum has suffered a great loss with your departure.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvanise_ View Post
    How about, we keep our opinions to ourselves...
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Elite Sage

How about, we keep our opinions to ourselves and just try the new scheme. If after a trial period it doesn't work, raise the point again. Thats pretty fair.
    No, it's pretty pointless. We know it doesn't work, because I've seen this or variants of it tried on a half-dozen forums, for the exact same reasons, with the exact same outcomes, every time.

Let's put this in perspective.

We're presumably mostly gamers, right?

So, we have subforums for anime, politics, entertainment, technology, "forum games", and sports. But we can't handle having forums for Wii, 360, PC, and old-school games.

Because those are WAY less relevant to the interests of PS3 owners than sports and politics, right?

Dedicated Member
    I think they should at least bring back the different sub-forums, for one thing it keeps everything much less organised and clutter-free. It's also good for keeping fans of different forums focused into the type of discussion they want to have, rather than whatever thread from whatever platform that jumps out at them at anytime.
    |42" HD Plasma 1080P|5.1 Surround Sound|60 GB PS3|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KILLZONED!!

Veteran
    No, it's pretty pointless. We know it doesn't work, because I've seen this or variants of it tried on a half-dozen forums, for the exact same reasons, with the exact same outcomes, every time.

Let's put this in perspective.

We're presumably mostly gamers, right?

So, we have subforums for anime, politics, entertainment, technology, "forum games", and sports. But we can't handle having forums for Wii, 360, PC, and old-school games.

Because those are WAY less relevant to the interests of PS3 owners than sports and politics, right?
    Based on how many visitors they have, it seems to be working well for the teamxbox forum:
    General Xbox Discussions (323 Viewing)
    All general xbox related topics that don't fit in other forums below.
    E3 2008 Forum, Game Impressions & Reviews, Game Help & Cheats

Xbox Hardware Discussions (57 Viewing)
    Consoles, Xbox Live, controllers, peripherals, audio/video, networking, etc.

Other Console/Platform Discussions & Debates (87 Viewing)
    Non-Xbox related discussions: PC, Playstation, Nintendo, portables, etc
    E3 2008 Forum

Off-Topic Lounge (199 Viewing)
    All non-gaming related topics. Keep it clean.
    Art & Entertainment, Electronics Arena, Political Playground, The Sports and Auto Retreat
    BTW, I already posted this in that other thread but thought this was an appropriate response to your post.

Elite Sage

I don't think emulating teamxbox is a good strategy. It's not a forum I've ever heard anyone describe as being particularly rewarding or good.

Veteran
    I'm not saying that emulating that site is the goal. That is just one example. I'm sure there are more.

Supreme Veteran
    Zealots lose every time, even if you create this PS3 utopia, the PS3 outside of these walls will be no different unless Sony knock down those blocks they built themselves rapidly.

Leave it to Sony they are capable of looking after themselves. If you love Sony that much, donate money to them and help them win the "war".

Logic and rationality belonged to this forum up until late last year. I guess MS winning titles to its console also really damaged some members more than what meets the eye.

This place is trying to emulate what TeamXBOX have already gone out and done before it and that place is enough proof that it won't work.

Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    I'm not saying that emulating that site is the goal. That is just one example. I'm sure there are more.
    But it's an example of a site that is pretty much a waste of valuable electrons.

It is not an example of anything "working" by any meaningful standard. If anything, it confirms the suspicion that the inevitable outcome of tossing all the heretics into a bin together is to leave the site a festering cesspit of fanboy garbage.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    How about, we keep our opinions to ourselves and just try the new scheme.
    How about you just ignore the thread and dont click on it if you dont want to hear other people's opinions. Simple really.

Forum Dawg
    Items User name style
    I have to agree with people in this thread, even though i dont use the forums, I can see that what it looks like currently is pretty useless...

/me runs from the wrath of the admins
    ♥ ∈ ∅

The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity Abraham Lincoln
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FallingBullets View Post
    I have to agree with people in this thread, even though i dont use the forums, I can see that what it looks like currently is pretty useless...

/me runs from the wrath of the admins
    Mate we've been here enough time to know this place has changed, if the Admins/Mods/SMC's don't listen to us veterans, then this place is totally in ruins.

Veteran
    But it's an example of a site that is pretty much a waste of valuable electrons.

It is not an example of anything "working" by any meaningful standard. If anything, it confirms the suspicion that the inevitable outcome of tossing all the heretics into a bin together is to leave the site a festering cesspit of fanboy garbage.
    You know, I did find it kind of funny that over 40% of their visitors are in the "Off Topic Lounge".

Elite Guru

Let me know A7, Xoar, Seeb, Rik and other, when you all find a new site or forum.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Forum Sage
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    How about you just ignore the thread and dont click on it if you dont want to hear other people's opinions. Simple really.
    Fine. After this I'll not bother.

I was just proposing a fair course of action.

Some people are getting way too touchy about this. Sod adding reputation, we need a 'Hug' button.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    Let me know A7, Xoar, Seeb, Rik and other, when you all find a new site or forum.
    Will do man, I'm looking for more level headed forums. This used to be the hotspot I tell you, sad it's really taking a dip.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    I believe seebs summed it up quite nicely. And I'm going to +rep him for making such a quality post.

Big rule of forum administration: The people who complain the loudest will not stop when you appease them. They will keep doing it because it worked, and they will not stop until you've eliminated everyone and everything they didn't like -- at which point you have no forum.

So whenever people complain that you have something they don't use, ignore them. Go ahead and add things for smaller groups of users; those smaller groups of users expand your community. But never take something away that people are using and enjoying; that shrinks the community. Instead, when someone demands that a forum or section go away because he thinks the people in it are trolls, make a note to yourself that the complainer is a fanboy and you should probably ignore everything else he says too.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Some people are getting way too touchy about this. Sod adding reputation, we need a 'Hug' button.
    I'm the one getting too touchy? lol Ok. Your fair course of action is telling people to keep their opinions to themselves now that things are the way you like them. How convienent.

Elite Sage

No, you were proposing that the people you don't like ought to just suffer in silence.

If this were the first time, or even the tenth time, that excluding people to "improve" a community had been tried, you MIGHT have a point.

It is not the tenth. It is not the hundredth. It is not the thousandth, or the ten thousandth, or the hundred thousandth. This has been tried, literally, at least a million times. It has been tried over a period of at least three thousand years. It has been tried in Asia, and in North America, and in Africa, and in Europe. It has been tried everywhere, for every possible division you could make. And it always does the same thing, and that thing is bad.

The Game. You lost it.
    They just brought back post counts and rep points?

Supreme Veteran
    Yeah, wasn't this meant to be abolished in the new scheme of things?

aaaahhhhh! *floats*
    PSN ID
    Alannii
    Yes I did, even Seb said he's posting less because he can't see his numbers going up.

Dedicated Member
    So, you're revoking something which at least had some theoretically workable backing... and keeping this disaster?

God help this forum.
    www.freerice.com - 20 grains of rice donated per answer

Thread Information