Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Odd Increase In PS3 F.U.D

Maybe it's just me, but have you guys notice the increase in FUD since the release of MGS4?
    I mean bloggers & articles that are negative, but also just plain dumb.

Sorry about random question, just needed to check

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

They think if the bad mouth the PS3 they will debunk the impact MGS4 had. Its nothing new same thing happened when Halo 3 came out and other big hits on any system.

Elite Member
    I think after the multiplat announcement of FF XIII, FUD has been on the increase. Fanboys like to over-dramatize situations.

Veteran
    It's not odd. There is a sudden increase in PS3 failed posts, bad news for Sony posts, mistakes made by Sony posts, why Microsoft should buy Sony gaming, bladda, bladda, bladda. It isn't really due to MGS4, it is the attack wave before Leipzig. The reason it isn't odd is that it goes off like clockwork, usually before, during and after any event where the Sony and the PS3 will be presented in a positive light. It has been going on for almost 3 years now, just the tactics are getting really old, worn out and not even relevant anymore. You-know-who (those that cannot be named in these forums) is behind them.

DON'T FEED THE STEALTH TROLLERS!!!

Stealth Trolling Techinques 101:

1. Make an outlandish statement like "The PS3 will fail" and turn it into a question like "Will the PS3 fail?" for a post subject.
    2. First claim how you own all three consoles, therefore you are a "fair gamer" then proceed to trash and badmouth the PS3 and Sony because you have experience with all three consoles, therefore you are an expert about what is good and bad.
    3. Make a "critique" about a PS3 game, how bad it is, then throw in a 360 game in comparison as "proof" of a better game.
    4. Take a PS3 feature or game, like Home or Singstar, belittle and diss it endlessly, then wail to Microsoft to copy as Avatars and Lips.
    5. Complain bitterly how the PS3 has "no games" then proceed to petition Microsoft to get PS2/PS3 games on the 360.

These are just a few Stealth Trolling 101 techniques. There are many more in ST102 and ST103.

Superior Member

You think it's bad now, step back into 07.

brain _ape

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    swordfish64
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    It's not odd. There is a sudden increase in PS3 failed posts, bad news for Sony posts, mistakes made by Sony posts, why Microsoft should buy Sony gaming, bladda, bladda, bladda. It isn't really due to MGS4, it is the attack wave before Leipzig. The reason it isn't odd is that it goes off like clockwork, usually before, during and after any event where the Sony and the PS3 will be presented in a positive light. It has been going on for almost 3 years now, just the tactics are getting really old, worn out and not even relevant anymore. You-know-who (those that cannot be named in these forums) is behind them.

I agree completely. Thankfully, more people are seeing through the FUD for what it is, baseless blatant attempts to cast Sony and the PS3 in a negative light, it's a major part of the strategy of the unmentionable one$

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I agree.

I think it mainly happens to neutralize these events and announcements. Personally, I think stealth trolls, blogger fanboys, journo fanboys, that do this are simply really desperate.

It's quite sad.

Treat each console on its merits. Whether you own all three or 1, just chill out and play a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis- View Post
    You think it's bad now, step back into 07. ....
    I know what you mean. It's actually quite tame now compared to last year, and even more so in 2006.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Red Herb Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis- View Post
    You think it's bad now, step back into 07.

LOL to true,

Early 07 during the months leading upto the EU launch were shocking, this jist of most of the trolling and bashing basically eluded to the whole EU launch meaning nothing and would have no bearing on the PS3's future, lol... lame. IT WAS ALREADY DOOMED, apparently.

Superior Member
    For the Australian ps3 launch the guy at GAMES asked twice if I was 100% sure about buying a ps3 and if I had interests in the xbox360 because " its more fun " , microsoft seem to be paying everyone now days :P

EDIT: Reminds me when I got my ps2 at E.B, the guy was talking to me for almost an hour telling me how great xbox was over the ps2, how many polygons the xbox can make, how great the gpu was and how fun halo is, after the lonnnng talk i asked if i can get my ps2 now, he said " oh ... ok "

Dedicated Member
    what the definition of FUD?

Gotmilk
    f**KED UP data lol is my guess

Apprentice

In the summer months it is harder to remember why you bought a PS3 to begin with... it is a while before any more good games are coming out so the future looks more bleak.

Not that the same isn't true for 360, there isn't much that interests me on either console until at least september.

And on Wii there hasn't been anything remotely interesting since brawl.

Red Herb Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by vegan_mekey View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_u...inty_and_doubt

leukoplast
    They are just trying to stop the inevitable, the PS3 becoming the most popular console this gen.

Really, when you see so much negativity, it means Sony is doing something right because people and rival companies are afraid.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by vegan_mekey View Post
    Basically bologna, garbage, hogwash, nonsense, etc.... Catch my drift?

Dedicated Member
    F*d UP Delivery = FUD lol!!!!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914

Stealth Trolling Techinques 101:

1. Make an outlandish statement like "The PS3 will fail" and turn it into a question like "Will the PS3 fail?" for a post subject.
    2. First claim how you own all three consoles, therefore you are a "fair gamer" then proceed to trash and badmouth the PS3 and Sony because you have experience with all three consoles, therefore you are an expert about what is good and bad.
    3. Make a "critique" about a PS3 game, how bad it is, then throw in a 360 game in comparison as "proof" of a better game.
    4. Take a PS3 feature or game, like Home or Singstar, belittle and diss it endlessly, then wail to Microsoft to copy as Avatars and Lips.
    5. Complain bitterly how the PS3 has "no games" then proceed to petition Microsoft to get PS2/PS3 games on the 360.

These are just a few Stealth Trolling 101 techniques. There are many more in ST102 and ST103.
    i agree, but I think it is more than what you just stated, I think its because ms and the fanboys that surround the 360 are scared. I plainly think they are scared of the upcoming games and i dont blame them because 4thQ 2008 and 1stQ 2009 are going to have a big impact for sony and the PS3. MS will have, I beleive, a total of 5 exclusives during that time which only one or two will have a major impact. Sony has a total of 8-10 within that time frame and several of the games that are exclusive will have a big impact. This is what they are scared about. But then if you look at the games on the horizon, GOW3 alone would scare me and GT5...oh my.

Elite Guru
    FUD are FUDs, I never get move by FUD.
    That's why I stay with Sega until DC.

Panasonic TH-42PY800AZ, Onkyo TX-SR606 (black) , Polk RTi6
    PS3 60GB (JP) , 360 Pre 20GB (JP)

Forum Guru
    I wonder if this thread is a FUD created to get FUDs about X360 owners?

Veteran
    well upon many hours of inspection, testing, and scientific research my team and myself, have made an astounding discovery in relation to the recent elevation of said "FUD" it seems that there is a direct correlation between the amount of content, added features, games, more critical acclaim, etc, etc (which will all be addressed hence forth as 'awesomeness') and the FUD. simply put, as the "awesomeness" rises, FUD rises, which lead us to hypothesize that the awesomeness causes fear or insecurity in the competition resulting in fud, or
    RISE IN AWESOMENESS= RISE IN INSECURITY= RISE IN FUD
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by leukoplast View Post
    They are just trying to stop the inevitable, the PS3 becoming the most popular console this gen.
    I would not describe that as inevitable.

Really, when you see so much negativity, it means Sony is doing something right because people and rival companies are afraid.
    Not necessarily. There was a lot of pretty stern negativity about some of Sony's decisions which actually did turn out to be really bad choices -- and which Sony later had to expensively reverse.

You have to look at the details of the negativity.

One of the factors is just people who were waiting for something to happen and change things concluding that, since it didn't happen, things won't change. Mostly this is silly, IMHO, but... I've been through at least five rounds of people saying "after X, the PS3's sales will take off and stay high", and it hasn't happened yet.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by edward_moffet View Post
    well upon many hours of inspection, testing, and scientific research my team and myself, have made an astounding discovery in relation to the recent elevation of said "FUD" it seems that there is a direct correlation between the amount of content, added features, games, more critical acclaim, etc, etc (which will all be addressed hence forth as 'awesomeness') and the FUD. simply put, as the "awesomeness" rises, FUD rises, which lead us to hypothesize that the awesomeness causes fear or insecurity in the competition resulting in fud, or
    RISE IN AWESOMENESS= RISE IN INSECURITY= RISE IN FUD
    Good point there. I think Square Enix is getting a lot of FUDs compared to any other publisher since FFXIII went multi platform.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    I have noticed it too. It is nothing compared to last year. If that FUD didn't stop the PS3 nothing will. So it isn't really disheartening to hear, just kind of creepy and sad.

There isn't much ammo for them to use anymore, so the latest attempts have been pretty off the wall.

Elite Guru
    Personally I am yet to see SONY done anything "WRONG" with PS3.
    Frankly I don't even see SCE revete tehir planes on PS3 in any way.
    They might be making a lot of crap comments and going back and forth on mouth,
    but never physically did somthing to reverte their plane.
    I meant they were saying how sorry they were on saying PS3 is a media center not a game console last year.
    When you look at their planes they are stilling building PS3 as a media center.
    Frankly the plane was from day one and never change,
    they got a team of 12 working 100% just on making PS3 a great AV component.

Panasonic TH-42PY800AZ, Onkyo TX-SR606 (black) , Polk RTi6
    PS3 60GB (JP) , 360 Pre 20GB (JP)

Super Elite
    MGS3 only sold about 3 million and the numbers are declining with each sequel so MGS4 won't sell that well. That's what I was told by a few people on the internez.

Thread Information