Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage

Rumors for next Batman movie!

Part of the allure of Batman Begins was seeing a Batman I'd picked out a few years before (when my friend and I tried to figure out who the perfect people were to play all the iconic superhero roles). Now this latest influx of rumor-laden Batman 3 gossip is taking me back there. First, we had Angelina Jolie as Catwoman.

Now, Aceshowbiz reports that new "rumors" are tapping Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman to grab villainous roles in Batman 3 (something tells me "rumors" means someone scoured the comment section on Cinematical during our Who Should Batman Fight Next post). I'm sure you need no help figuring out who would play who. For some reason, neither of these men ever occured to me, but they could do wonders with the roles -- especially Depp. If you were going to take the RIddler, and make it dark Christopher Nolan-style, is there anyone who could even come close to Depp's suitability? The Riddler came after Tim Burton's days with Batman, but it could also give us an idea of how Joel Schumacher's film would've been different with a darker touch. And PSH as the Penguin? So good.
    http://www.cinematical.com/2008/07/3...r-and-penguin/

Well, Johnny Depp would make the movie more dark. That's for sure.

They already start making rumors about the next Batman? Wow...
    Anyway, Depp as the Riddler? Could be cool... but I'd like to see Jim Carrey to play again that role. He was good...

Master Guru
    All fake. There has been no casting talk what so ever because there is no script and because WB doesn't even have Christopher or Jonathan Nolan down for a sequel yet.
    Mac Mini 2.3GHz i5, 500GB HD, 8GB Ram; 16GB iPhone 5; 16GB iPad mini

Superior Member
    jim carrey or johnny depp as the riddler would be perfect because of their stye of acting. well it would be great to see a third as long as it is nothing like the second one. the second one did seem a bit to much like a crime drama through my eyes.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidEsquire View Post
    jim carrey or johnny depp as the riddler would be perfect because of their stye of acting. well it would be great to see a third as long as it is nothing like the second one. the second one did seem a bit to much like a crime drama through my eyes.
    Jim Carrey has already done the Riddler so no thanks, and no thanks to Johnny Depp. I'd like to see Casey Affleck as the Riddler.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I really hope that rumor becomes true, cuz the riddler is my fave batman universe villain..I mean look at those beautiful photoshop teaser posters for the riddler

Elite Sage

That first one looks pretty cool. They should use that as the actual movie poster. And I've always liked the Riddler too. Maybe it's just because I like Jim Carrey as an actor which is why I liked the Riddler.

Master Poster

I think the Riddler has already been cast.
    he was in the dark knight and worked for Bruce Wayne,
    hint he ran the numbers again and found something interesting ... i know who batman is...

it comes down to who will play Catwoman
    Naomi Watts
    Christina Ricci
    Uma Thurman
    Nicole Kidman

theres more i can think of but those seem to stand out for me

Master Guru
    I'm sure Coleman Reese could fit as another villain... he doesn't seem insanely intelligent enough, he doesn't has OCD, and he hasn't experienced a traumatizing event in his life to actually make him do something like that.
    He might fit as another villain, or he might just be tossed out on his ***.
    Avatar credit goes to Mik2121 of NeoGAF

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by exYle View Post
    I'm sure Coleman Reese could fit as another villain... he doesn't seem insanely intelligent enough, he doesn't has OCD, and he hasn't experienced a traumatizing event in his life to actually make him do something like that.
    He might fit as another villain, or he might just be tossed out on his ***.
    all we know is he's really good with numbers, he knows the identity of batman, has worked at wayne enterprise,the joker put a hit on him with the entire city trying to gun him down (that might be dramatic enough to drive someone insane.)
    also his name is Mr. Reese = Miss - ter -rees = Mysteries ~ Mr. E = the Riddler

the pieces are there to have him be the riddler. Also having a well known female actress pull alot of the weight with catwoman would help.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by maltrophstitan View Post
    all we know is he's really good with numbers, he knows the identity of batman, has worked at wayne enterprise,the joker put a hit on him with the entire city trying to gun him down (that might be dramatic enough to drive someone insane.)
    I was completely unaware that the Riddler had a high knowledge of numbers... I just knew he was great at making confusing Riddles as a clue to his next crime.
    How does working at Wayne Enterprises and knowing the identity of Batman change anything?
    Having a city-wide hit on him would definitely terrify Coleman Reese, but I don't think it would make him murderous.

That's a pretty damn good catch.

the pieces are there to have him be the riddler. Also having a well known female actress pull alot of the weight with catwoman would help.
    I sincerely hope Catwoman never makes it into a Christopher Nolan Batman movie.

Anyways, considering the series has been true to the proper names of Two-Face (Harvey Dent) and Scarecrow (Dr. Johnathan Crane), Riddler's real name is Edward Nigma. (E. Nigma - Enigma)

Master Guru

How about no. Coleman Reese is just someone that works for Wayne Enterprise, he's not the Riddler. Do you think Nolan will change Edward Nygma's name to Coleman Reese? I don't think so, not to mention no villain or villains have been cast for the next film and the guy playing Coleman Reese had a small cameo for TDK only.

The only actors that are signed on for another batman movie are Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Heath Ledger.

Phading Reality
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by the_End View Post
    How about no. Coleman Reese is just someone that works for Wayne Enterprise, he's not the Riddler. Do you think Nolan will change Edward Nygma's name to Coleman Reese? I don't think so, not to mention no villain or villains have been cast for the next film and the guy playing Coleman Reese had a small cameo for TDK only.

The only actors that are signed on for another batman movie are Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Heath Ledger.
    Heath Ledger...?

By the way didn't the Riddler in the original movie work for Watne Enterprise... so you never know.

Super Elite

I'm still gunning for a CG sequel, with graphics paralleling Beowulf or even surpassing it.
    I mean the Joker is Batman's nemesis and Arkham gets broken out of every second pretty much.
    Although I do not see it ever happening, with family and all that. But it would be fantastic.
    That said, the line up in the OP would be equally as legendary. Depp is amazing at reinventing himself for a role, and we all now he can do dark so it would fit. Hoffman is also a great actor and him as the Penguin would be great, I have this movie already made in my head. D

Given Downey Jr.'s return to form I thought I'd give him a mention. I'm not exactly sure what villain he could be (I'm in the Batman scene really). But then again given that he has appeared in 2 Marvel films recently I think he has sided with that camp.
    I hope they make it a thing to have well-known actors, that are good, play a villain in Batman movies. It could be cool. Also to have them act in a style that they have never touched on before would be fantastic.

Superior Member

Either that or the villians will target him to learn the identity of Batman. The first 2 movies are great so whatever happens, I canīt wait for the third one.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Umm I really doubt Heath Ledger will be in another film. Morgan Freeman might be though.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Elite Sage

Haha Vintage. I hope heath Ledger's not in the next one. That would be scary!

Master Guru
    He's not going to be in another movie but he was signed on for a second. The third was going to follow the Joker's trial hence why I had Heath in that list of four actors. It's because out of every new actor that was in TDK he was the only one signed on for another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaded View Post
    Heath Ledger...?

By the way didn't the Riddler in the original movie work for Watne Enterprise... so you never know.
    The Riddler did work at Wayne Enterprise in Batman Forever. However his name didn't change, it stayed as Edward Nygma and Nolan wouldn't change the name of a villain. Nolan stays pretty close to the comics. I think the villain or villain's will just target Reese to find out who Batman is.

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by exYle View Post
    I was completely unaware that the Riddler had a high knowledge of numbers... I just knew he was great at making confusing Riddles as a clue to his next crime.
    How does working at Wayne Enterprises and knowing the identity of Batman change anything?
    Having a city-wide hit on him would definitely terrify Coleman Reese, but I don't think it would make him murderous.

That's a pretty damn good catch.

I sincerely hope Catwoman never makes it into a Christopher Nolan Batman movie.

Anyways, considering the series has been true to the proper names of Two-Face (Harvey Dent) and Scarecrow (Dr. Johnathan Crane), Riddler's real name is Edward Nigma. (E. Nigma - Enigma)
    I think catwomen was hinted at in the dark knight, when batman was discussing his new armor he asked if it was dog proof and fox said maybe not cat proof.

Elite Sage

I think catwomen was hinted at in the dark knight, when batman was discussing his new armor he asked if it was dog proof and fox said maybe not cat proof.
    Angelina Jolie was hinted as Catwoman a while ago. I think we wouldn't see Catwoman until a movie after the next. If they're following the original Batman movies, it would be Two-Face (of course) and the Riddler next. Then, it would be Catwoman (possibly Angelina Jolie) and the Penguin (possibly Phillip Seymour-Hoffman).

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nskinnear View Post
    Angelina Jolie was hinted as Catwoman a while ago. I think we wouldn't see Catwoman until a movie after the next. If they're following the original Batman movies, it would be Two-Face (of course) and the Riddler next. Then, it would be Catwoman (possibly Angelina Jolie) and the Penguin (possibly Phillip Seymour-Hoffman).
    But why would they follow the original movies?
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nskinnear View Post
    That seems like a stupid idea...
    Batman Begins - Eco-terrorist (Ra's al Ghul) and Mad Psychiatrist (Scarecrow)
    The Dark Knight - Criminal Mastermind (Joker) and DA turned Anarchist (Two-Face)
    Batman 3 - Anarchist (Two-Face), Criminal Mastermind (Riddler)
    Batman 4 - Burglar (Catwoman)

Great flow there.

Forum Elder
    Phillip Hoffman was that ********* who played the major villain in Mission Impossible III, am I right? : O

"God is great, beer is good... people are crazy"

Superior Member
    AP; true.

He also played the failing actor in Along Came Polly who thought he could play basketball. Hilarious.

PSN: SOULSE7EN
    / XBL: THE MACKEM DON.

Elite Guru
    One thing you have to wonder about. What poor bar steward will have to take on the Joker role? Unless he makes it the best acting perfomance the universe has ever known, the man will get SALAMMMED by critics, simply for not being Heath Ledger.

Thread Information