Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by two2-times View Post
    but what if i dont wanna/cant be bothered to create levels etc? this game doesnt deserve all this hype imo and if sony are pinning there hopes on this then more fool them. are they trying to get the wii audience with this game? lbp STILL doesnt appeal to me in the slightest atm.
    Oh my god, I laughed so hard at the bolded part!
    Just... yeah
    Jus' gotta rep+ you for your, how to put it, ignorance
    Don't take my post too seriously, it's not meant to be offensive.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by disposableheroV View Post
    in my opinion, it looks alright but youre right about being overhyped. sure its like endless replayability but nothing more.
    oxymoron.

We know plenty about the game. It's an incredibly simple concept to grasp, so it was all explained fairly easily by the devs.

Apprentice
    I appreciate all of the feedback (even the rude childish stuff). I guess what I was aking was what the goal was of the game. You know how sports games are to outscore your opponent, Mario was to save the princess, CoD4 was to kill bad guys and stop destruction. Maybe I didn't word it correctly, so my bad. I was just curious if that was a direct goal/purpose/point to the game.

I see the originality in it and it sounds like it could be fun. May be there will be a demo so i can decide if it is right for me. It may not be my cup of tea but I'll reserve judgement because I still don't fully understand the concept of the game. If it's just build and share then I'll probably pass because I don't have that much free time. That's not a slam at anyone, my time is just extremely limited between a wife, 4 kids and a job so please don't think I was being rude, When I do get time to game I like to jump in a good online shooter or sports game because there is a clear cut winner/loser and the goal is defined.

Hopefully you all understand where I am coming from because I am most certainly not trying to act holyer than thou by any means I was just honestly curious to what the big hype surrounding this game was. It sounds like it could have amazing potential for those that enjoy that kind of stuff. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    @MurrayStateGrad - The goal? Play. Create. Share. It's very understandable that you don't have the time to Create or Share a lot and commendable actually that you put family first. I myself have school coming up so I won't have as much free time for the game as I'd like. No worries of course, there's going to be a lot of people who will be creating and sharing so you can just play all you want, when you want.

It's like youtube as many have said. Many never upload or make videos, but they watch, rate, and maybe forward them. I suspect that some people, should they choose, may never even make a level and still have a great time in enjoying the work of creative people.

If come October you're still unsure, rent the game about a week after it's been out. By then there should already be a nice, up and running community with a lot of levels available aside from the 50 that comes with the game. If you still don't like it then, well, then the game's just not for you I guess.

Quick question: What is the objective of these levels? Do you get to the end to beat it or is it something else?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeanton69 View Post
    Quick question: What is the objective of these levels? Do you get to the end to beat it or is it something else?
    From what I understand you do have to end it to beat it, as with pretty much most game really.. The cool part is how the levels are constructed and designed.

Dedicated Member
    5mb limit on your levels, only supports the ps eye, and the water will not be in the retail version is what bugs me about this game.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by psp&me View Post
    5mb limit on your levels, only supports the ps eye, and the water will not be in the retail version is what bugs me about this game.
    5mb limit seems a bit low any confirmation? and water will be DLC same with gravity mod.

Thank you itachi

Quote Originally Posted by triggap View Post
    From what I understand you do have to end it to beat it, as with pretty much most game really.. The cool part is how the levels are constructed and designed.
    Ok cool I was worried that there would be some odd goal in each level like a treasure hunt or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayStateGrad View Post
    I appreciate all of the feedback (even the rude childish stuff). I guess what I was aking was what the goal was of the game. You know how sports games are to outscore your opponent, Mario was to save the princess, CoD4 was to kill bad guys and stop destruction. Maybe I didn't word it correctly, so my bad. I was just curious if that was a direct goal/purpose/point to the game.
    Um, it’s a scrolling platformer …you go from one side the other…start new level...repeat...

I've never understood what all the hype is about either, I guess it just isn't my type of game

BioSonic
    Think super mario bros..... the goal is to get from one side of the level to the other.

Veteran
    lol well according to some comments I've read somewhere from people, it sounds like the second coming. Yes it's gonna be awesome, no, it won't cure cancer. Definitely not for EVERYONE but there is something there for quite a lot of people.
    I take you up on that challenge, sir, and I shall create a level that will cure cancer.

You'll see. You'll all see.

@MurrayStateGrad - The goal? Play. Create. Share. It's very understandable that you don't have the time to Create or Share a lot and commendable actually that you put family first. I myself have school coming up so I won't have as much free time for the game as I'd like. No worries of course, there's going to be a lot of people who will be creating and sharing so you can just play all you want, when you want.
    I'm gonna make a change to the 'goal' you defined. I'd say it's more like Play and/or Create and/or Share. You can play the game they give you (50 lvls plus, and I'm assuming it has a story), you can create your own levels, you can download levels that other people share, or you can do all.

MurrayStateGrad, since the focus of LBP is on the creating aspect, it's likely that any demo will focus on that aspect and not on the game, so I don't think it's a good way to judge for people who aren't interested in that aspect. I'd say renting is a better way.

Think of it this way, if you enjoy 2d platformers, now you can enjoy a 2d platformer with enhanced graphics and physics and 2-4 player co-op. What other 2d platformer has that?

"All forces. There stands Gallia.
    Claim Her!"
    Big ups to Kwesnoth for sig+av

Superior Member
    You can also create goals for the levels also, like rescue the princess, if you want.

And I think the 5mb limit is per level. You can string multiple levels together, though, so I think the 5mb limit will be plenty. Though I haven't heard anything about that 5mb limit in the first place.

The daily beatings will continue until morale improves!

Forum Elder

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayStateGrad View Post

I see the originality in it and it sounds like it could be fun. May be there will be a demo so i can decide if it is right for me. It may not be my cup of tea but I'll reserve judgement because I still don't fully understand the concept of the game. If it's just build and share then I'll probably pass because I don't have that much free time. That's not a slam at anyone, my time is just extremely limited between a wife, 4 kids and a job so please don't think I was being rude, When I do get time to game I like to jump in a good online shooter or sports game because there is a clear cut winner/loser and the goal is defined.

Hopefully you all understand where I am coming from because I am most certainly not trying to act holyer than thou by any means I was just honestly curious to what the big hype surrounding this game was. It sounds like it could have amazing potential for those that enjoy that kind of stuff. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
    The point is the goal is whatever you want it to be. You can save a princess, you can save the world from evil bad guys, you can race, you can ride roller coasters..

The FINAL object of the game is just going from point A to point B like in ALL platforming games... While going from point A to point B you can do pretty much anything you put your mind too.. Bowling, Basketball, Jet Packs, catapults, collecting coins..

Whens its coop.. The point is to finish the level or go from point A to point B.. while competing to get the most points.. in a way you can rank yourself by getting the most points..

Also another point in the game is to unlock as many unlockables as possible to create your own level.. and there also trophies in the game.. Seriously what more do you want?

Dat Guy
    only thing i dislike is no custom music thats it, i was planning to make a death star level *player 1 Emperor player 2 Darth Vader Player 3 and 4 stormtroopers* have a planet in background and then go through the level beating up jedi sackboys and then at end have a switch which blows up the planet in background. i wanted to have vaders theme as music ;; this is vaders theme btw
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn_95hdy6Nw"]YouTube - Imperial March or Darth Vader's Theme[/ame]
    aka imperial march

Thank you itachi

Apprentice
    So could this almost be classed in the same genre as, say, The Sims?

~Sig Credit to: Alphaboss
    60GB PLAYSTATION3, 12 games.
    Anticipating games: GoW2, R2, LBP, KZ2.

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by xxQuintonx View Post
    So could this almost be classed in the same genre as, say, The Sims?
    not really, only in the creative aspect but thats it nothing else is like the sims.

Thank you itachi

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    not really, only in the creative aspect but thats it nothing else is like the sims.
    Ok, I guess. Lol.
    I dont think anybody truely knows how gameplay is gonna be like just yet. I guess ill just have to wait for a demo to make up my mind.

~Sig Credit to: Alphaboss
    60GB PLAYSTATION3, 12 games.
    Anticipating games: GoW2, R2, LBP, KZ2.

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by xxQuintonx View Post
    Ok, I guess. Lol.
    I dont think anybody truely knows how gameplay is gonna be like just yet. I guess ill just have to wait for a demo to make up my mind.
    the gameplay is ur own imanigation you can create anything u want in the game, want to be fighting a giant cactus made of strings why not, u make the levels so you can do whatever u want. or download other peoples.

Thank you itachi

I'm not really feeling this game.

To me it feels like...bleh...

I mean I know it has infinite possibilities, but hell in the end you are still just creating a puzzle in which you have to navigate and the only thing you do is get from one point to another. No background, no reason other than to just do it, no story. What do you get as a reward for completion? A different skin or shape to build another puzzle? I'm sure some people will like it, but it's not my cup of tea.

Apprentice
    arg i asked a question and no one answered =.=....

So i heard someone say there is 8 players online in this game...is this true?

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDemon View Post
    arg i asked a question and no one answered =.=....

So i heard someone say there is 8 players online in this game...is this true?
    4 player online in this game i think not 8.

Thank you itachi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    4 player online in this game i think not 8.
    Yup. 4 players. I believe the developers said more than that and it's just too.... chaotic and in a bad way >.>

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    I'm not really feeling this game.

To me it feels like...bleh...

I mean I know it has infinite possibilities, but hell in the end you are still just creating a puzzle in which you have to navigate and the only thing you do is get from one point to another. No background, no reason other than to just do it, no story. What do you get as a reward for completion? A different skin or shape to build another puzzle? I'm sure some people will like it, but it's not my cup of tea.
    The point is that you only create IF you want to and no other reason. Yes you can play it through and you can have stories for each level, e.g. one could be save the princess, another could be escape from the sackzilla, a third could be find the double headed spider monkey, I don't know, people will come up with some story or the other and you play it through just like you would any other game. As a reward, I don't know if it has been confirmed what rewards you will get but I think it has been confirmed that you will get trophies so that is something to try and achieve. Like everyone else has said, rent it out, try it, and if you don't like it, fair enough.

The reason people are so hyped are that this game has limitless possibilities for game creators and game players alike, as creators can make their own levels to their hearts' content while game players will never run out of new levels to play in so it has unlimited replayability value. I mean, isn't that a good thing having a game that is always different and entertaining every time you play a new level?

Thread Information