Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1121 ... LastLast
    Sandy Claws
    Quote Originally Posted by SonomaBob View Post
    Looking for a game rec.

Just got through playing Rachet and Clank (TOD) for the second time and had a blast... again. Does anyone else have any other reccomendations for games in this genre? I have plenty of first person shooter :gta:and roll playing games. I am looking for something a little lighter (like rachet and clank) that I can just jump into play a few hours or a "level" and then be done for the evening.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob
    Well if you havnt already done so, go play Uncharted.

Quote Originally Posted by M-O-P-E-Y View Post
    Well if you havnt already done so, go play Uncharted.
    Really? I own it and have thus far been able to get into it. Like, I play 15 minutes and turn it off and play something else. Does it get better?

I am currently playing Fallout 3 and MetalGearSolid 4. Started F3 about a month ago and am in no hurry to get to the end. Just sort of rolling around the waistland seeing what's up. Started MGS4 about 4 days ago and am growing on it nicely.

What I am looking for is something a little more, er, uhm, cartoonish? You know what I mean? Big dumb guns and rocket boots and all that kind of fun stuff. Something less serious if you will.

Anything?

Back in the day when I was a teenager I used to rock a game called Megaman on the orgional Nintendo. Game was awesome (for then) and really fun. Stupid, cartoon action figure, puzzle solving, big dumb gun a blazing, fun.

Anything?

Maybe I will just go back and look at the old Rachet and Clank games. Do they make those for PS3?

Bob
    "I was lucky in the order, but I've always been lucky when it comes to killin' folks."

-Will Munny

Sandy Claws
    You could get the downloadable Ratchet game, I've heard its very good but rather short.

At the moment i cant think of any cartoony games but Uncharted. It does get better if that makes any difference. Or maybe you might like Heavenly Sword.

Super Mario: The Lost Levels?

iv been tryin for ages to get a way of playin super mario: the lost levels through ma ps3, anybody got any idea on how it can be done, if at all??

In need of some games for PS3

Hi,

Mainly looking for something that could be played when friends are over. We are HUGE fans of SSX Tricky, so I already got Pure in my shopping cart because I read it shares some similarities with Tricky. Other than that some arcade style racing/snowboarding/boating games are preferred (in the likes of aforementioned SSX Tricky, Burnout series), but if there's a solid 3rd person action/adventure game I'd also give it a try. Absolutely no FPS/RPG games please or anything that requires a lot of time to get into. We don't like sports games either.

I only played a few games on PS3 so far and those include: Burnout Paradise, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4, Stardust HD and Call of Duty 4.

Thank you.

EDIT: Oh yeah, how's Wipeout HD? Our group might just be the best group of players for the original on PSX, and we are really careful when it comes to the sequel. Unless it is a feature-rich, engaging game, we will skip it not to ruin our memories of the original which we played 'till our thumbs bled.

Quote Originally Posted by SonomaBob View Post
    What I am looking for is something a little more, er, uhm, cartoonish? You know what I mean? Big dumb guns and rocket boots and all that kind of fun stuff. Something less serious if you will.

Anything?
    Little Big Planet. Very light gameplay and tons of fun. Loads of replayability. No guns like Ratchet but one of the best platformers available.

Sandy Claws
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinleewins View Post
    Little Big Planet. Very light gameplay and tons of fun. Loads of replayability. No guns like Ratchet but one of the best platformers available.
    I can't believe I forgot of LBP. Thats an awesome game, definitely a must buy.

I can't believe I forgot of LBP. Thats an awesome game, definitely a must buy.
    Thanks you guys. I was looking at LBP anyway so this makes it an easy purchase.

Has anyone played the new Sonic Unleashed? That one also looks like it might fit the bill for what I am looking for. Problem is Sonic has been hit and miss lately. Anyone played this?

Thanks again.

bob
    "I was lucky in the order, but I've always been lucky when it comes to killin' folks."

-Will Munny

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
    Hi,

Mainly looking for something that could be played when friends are over. We are HUGE fans of SSX Tricky, so I already got Pure in my shopping cart because I read it shares some similarities with Tricky. Other than that some arcade style racing/snowboarding/boating games are preferred (in the likes of aforementioned SSX Tricky, Burnout series), but if there's a solid 3rd person action/adventure game I'd also give it a try. Absolutely no FPS/RPG games please or anything that requires a lot of time to get into. We don't like sports games either.

I only played a few games on PS3 so far and those include: Burnout Paradise, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4, Stardust HD and Call of Duty 4.

Thank you.

EDIT: Oh yeah, how's Wipeout HD? Our group might just be the best group of players for the original on PSX, and we are really careful when it comes to the sequel. Unless it is a feature-rich, engaging game, we will skip it not to ruin our memories of the original which we played 'till our thumbs bled.
    Try Motorstorm Pacific Rift. It's got up to 4 player split screen and it's a BLAST. LBP is also a good game with friends, but I dunno if it is what you are looking for.

Hope I helped you out, bud

Quote Originally Posted by emsua View Post
    iv been tryin for ages to get a way of playin super mario: the lost levels through ma ps3, anybody got any idea on how it can be done, if at all??
    install linux, an emulator and load the roms. Thats how my friend does it.

Haven't tried installing windows but I heard it's slow as a caterpillar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS3 + Sony 52" w/ 1080P + SurroudSound in the pad = My Gaming Haven

Advertising Piracy is against our rules.

How good is Call of Duty 4 for multiplayer. What are the options like? Is it worth it to buy mainly for this purpose?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS3 + Sony 52" w/ 1080P + SurroudSound in the pad = My Gaming Haven

Advertising Piracy is against our rules.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3multi View Post
    How good is Call of Duty 4 for multiplayer. What are the options like? Is it worth it to buy mainly for this purpose?
    That is what it is famous for. I would recommend COD4 over COD5 just out of personal preference, but if you like co-op and awesome zombie modes, go for COD WAW.

The multiplayer for both is pretty similar. Perks, prestige when capping at lvl 55 (COD4) or lvl 65 (COD5). The game modes are the standard DM and TDM, with Sabotage (two teams fight for one bomb), Headquarters (capture a moving target point), Search and Destroy (no respawning, one team plants bomb, one team protects) and the Hardcore TDM and S&D which take away your HUD and increase damage.

I might have missed some stuff but those are the basics. It was good while it lasted for me, but I kinda grew out of the COD phase and into other shooters. Definitely worth a buy for each game, imo.

Sandy Claws
    Quote Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
    Hi,

Thank you.

I've never even played a Wipeout game befor HD, but it is awesome. Amazing graphics, super fast gameplay, 2 player splitscreen, 8 player online. I highly recommend it.

Dedicated Member
    I'm looking for a new game but I can't decide between Burnout Paradise and Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, any suggestions

Apprentice
    Yo, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is released on a Blu-ray disk?

Apprentice

Go for Burnout Paradise, it's awesome!!!!!!!
    play the game!

Fallout 3 help!

Hi guys, Just got Fallout 3 and loving it but is there a way to defuse mines and i've heard about a dog on it that might help you out?

Can anyone help pls?

That depends on what type of game you like. But if you like both genres, go for R&C.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life's a game, a game that must be played, but can't be won.

Killzone 2 RoX my Multi-Colored SoX

Sandy Claws
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevster View Post
    Hi guys, Just got Fallout 3 and loving it but is there a way to defuse mines and i've heard about a dog on it that might help you out?

Can anyone help pls?
    Not sure about defusing mines, but the dog is located north of Megaton in the Scrapyard.

Dedicated Member
    Hey, I really wanted to get GTAIV for xmas but i hear people saying its crap whast so bad about it?

Sandy Claws
    GTAIV is an awesome game. Dont believe them.

Dedicated Member
    GTAIV is an awesome game. Dont believe them.
    lol thanks M-O-P-E-Y, especially for replying to both my posts. I heard some people saying it was bad because it was too story driven and emotionally involved but i think thats what the old GTA's were missing.

Sandy Claws
    Ya no problem.

The gameplay is more realistic and certain things are missing like planes. But the added touches really make the city feel more alive and believable. It really is the best GTA yet.

GTAIV is awsome bro only bad thing right now is the online play has slowed a bit but it is getting better ppl getting da game now . I got it early it was a good buy i think . Hey i'm a little new on forums . Havn't dowloaded any games yet . I am looking 2 maybe swap a game i'll buy 1 now . if somebody is intrested let me know we will figure out what game im going to buy . And whar games u might have to offer .Please have good rep I dont wanna get scammed HR-1888 says thats common . My psn is FordGuy150 email is chevysux45140@yahoo.com let me know i gotta get in on dis game share thing.

holy **** i did not know you can put that many posts on one page you must really **** off people with dial up(dial up who has that any more). any way my question is are the world tour guitars for the ps3 blue tooth compatible or do they have a dongle?

Thread Information