Latest PSU headlines:

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21222 ... LastLast

i cant get any party invites to work accepting or sending. anyone else this happen to in cod 5

Super Elite

Need some gamer opinions.

Is the new Prince of Persia worth it? I can remember playing Sands of Time when it came out, but I only rented it so I never finished it and I can't actually remember what it was all about.

So my question is, do I need to understand that PoP storyline to play the new one?
    PSN ID = samuraiUNITED and me if you want

Sandy Claws
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiClarke View Post

Is the new Prince of Persia worth it? I can remember playing Sands of Time when it came out, but I only rented it so I never finished it and I can't actually remember what it was all about.

So my question is, do I need to understand that PoP storyline to play the new one?
    From what I understand, its a whole new Prince and whole new story, hence the disapperance of the time control features.

saso_7

just like mopey said, its a whole new prince and you do not need to have played the old pop games to understand the story. is the new pop worth it? it sure is, beautiful game as if you were playing a painting. and most importantly its superfun...got the pop platinum just a couple hours ago

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by M-O-P-E-Y View Post
    From what I understand, its a whole new Prince and whole new story, hence the disapperance of the time control features.
    Quote Originally Posted by saso_7 View Post
    just like mopey said, its a whole new prince and you do not need to have played the old pop games to understand the story. is the new pop worth it? it sure is, beautiful game as if you were playing a painting. and most importantly its superfun...got the pop platinum just a couple hours ago
    Thank you both.

I'll definitely pick this game up then. + Rep to both.
    PSN ID = samuraiUNITED and me if you want

Sandy Claws
    Thank you both.

I'll definitely pick this game up then. + Rep to both.
    appreciate it man. hope you enjoy the game

Veteran
    I have a question. If you had a choice between Bioshock and Dead Space which would you choose?why?

Superior Member
    I have a question that I should know and am pretty sure its a no, but here it is anyway. Is there online splitscreen on R2? If not, is there online splitscreen on any shooters other than warhawk?
    BF3 is a good team based game

"It took 3 days for Jesus to respawn...Now that's lag."

how do i fix my save data problem on little big planet it wont save what should i do???

Bandw!dth Savior
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by dishes View Post
    I have a question that I should know and am pretty sure its a no, but here it is anyway. Is there online splitscreen on R2? If not, is there online splitscreen on any shooters other than warhawk?
    I don't believe so. I know there is split co-op and such but no online split campaign. As for any others on the ps3 i'm gonna go with no as well. It's sad how man devs over look this option as a viable reason to pick a game up..

Quote Originally Posted by WaRn1nG- View Post
    I have a question. If you had a choice between Bioshock and Dead Space which would you choose?why?
    I dont think you can go wrong with either to be honest. Bio is said to be a great title and a defining gem in this generation. So I picked that one up, but to be honest I'm also lookign to pick up dead space because I also hear good things. It's supposed to be a breath of freash air in the survival horrior genre. So take that for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mxzero View Post
    holy **** i did not know you can put that many posts on one page you must really **** off people with dial up(dial up who has that any more). any way my question is are the world tour guitars for the ps3 blue tooth compatible or do they have a dongle?
    Dongle...

Quote Originally Posted by Xraein View Post
    Yo, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is released on a Blu-ray disk?

Not at all.. psn/xbla only...
    Digital Recess
    Signed up before PS3 launch, back again for PS4

Sony

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Idenowhereiam View Post
    I don't believe so. I know there is split campaign and such but no online split. As for any others on the ps3 i'm gonna go with no as well. It's sad how man devs over look this option as a viable reason to pick a game up..
    It's the other way round. There's no split screen for offline single player campaign but there is split screen for online 8-player co-op.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    i have a questionn !
    This is probably the thing i need to know most in my gaming life :P
    ARE THERE PLANS FOR A STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT 3 ?
    WHAT FORMAT ?
    AND WHAT NEW FEATURES WOULD BE INCLUDED ?

Can youu imagine what would be possible on a PS3 with that style of game ?
    It could follow R2 rumours i've heard (don't know if they're true) 30v30 online...
    The single player would be full scale wars thing thousands of stormtroopers everywhere, it would be amazing tbh.
    PLEASE LUCASARTS

Superior Member
    anyone knows how can I do the fatalities & brutalities in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe ?

Bandw!dth Savior
    Quote Originally Posted by micromagic View Post
    It's the other way round. There's no split screen for offline single player campaign but there is split screen for online 8-player co-op.

Fixed...

As for Battlefront 3 I don't think anythings been announced yet. Would be a shame if they didn't jump on it though.
    Digital Recess
    Signed up before PS3 launch, back again for PS4

Sony

Does Killzone 2 have destructible environment ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Dragon View Post
    I love being a guy because i can play with my balls with my hands in my pockets!!
    PS3 games currently owned: Battlefield Bad Company, Grand Theft Auto 4, Resistance: Fall Of Man, Resistance 2, Siren: Blood Curse, Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty

Sandy Claws
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornholic View Post
    Does Killzone 2 have destructible environment ?
    From the videos I have seen, there seems to be many destructible elements in the game. Its no Bad Company, but pillars will be blown apart, windows shredded with bullets, all the good stuff.

I believe there is also certain parts in the game where you get to totally destroy the environment, for example there was one part where you take control of a turret and just mow down the whole side of a building. These scenes seem more isolated and are just for some fun.

So the destructibility is more eye candy than an actual gameplay mechanic, but its there.

Elite Member
    I have a question, would my trophies disappear if I erase the game data utility and game save? Thanks in advance.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    I have a question, would my trophies disappear if I erase the game data utility and game save? Thanks in advance.
    When I did it...yes. Lost all my trophies..

Of course reformatting the HDD will achieve the same frustrating result.

Sandy Claws
    Game Data Utility has nothing to do with trophies so you can delete that.

Saved Data Utility on the other hand does store your trophy information, but if you sync your trophies with your PSN account, they are stored online, hence you can delete Saved Data Utility as well.

Elite Member
    @Kopkiwi, M-O-P-E-Y, thanks for the reply gonna go delete those 4 gig install now lol.

Sandy Claws
    @Kopkiwi, M-O-P-E-Y, thanks for the reply gonna go delete those 4 gig install now lol.
    No problem. Happy I could help

Need advice!!

My favorite games are any FF/squaresoft game Command and Conquer and Civilisation 4 for the pc. So based on these what games do you think i should buy. It seems to me that there is so much crap that actually finding a decent game is a challenge.

(i already own civ rev (and its no where near as good as the pc version) various sports games, Army of 2, call of duty 3 (its good but cant really be bothered with the new one they all seem the same to me) and Rainbow 6 vegas (same as COD))

Any opinions would be appreiciated

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    How do you get good at Resistance 2?
    I just played a Deathmatch. 9 players. The map where there is a house, some water and an air things that shoots you straight to the second floor of the house. Anyway, it was first to 100 kills. I came 4th, with 31 kills, 46 deaths and 29 assists (whatever they are). My guy is only level 2. How do I get better?
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Elite Sage

There's really no key to getting good at Resistance 2, except practicing a lot.

My suggestion would be to get into unranked games. You can do that by searching for a game, as they are all unranked matches. From there, just play around and try to get better. By playing unranked, you can get a feel for all of the maps. That way you're know the best roots to take, and where you enemies potentially may be.

Also, be sure to select the gun that is right for you. It's really important to pick a weapon that you can get a lot of kills with and you're also good at using. For example, if you like sniping people or long-range weapons, go with the Fareye or Marksman. Although, I wouldn't recommend those weapons on smaller maps at all. Personally, I always use the Carbine in Deathmatches. It does a lot of damage, and it pretty accurate. For other matches like Team Deathmatch and Core Control though, my favorite is probably the Marksman. Very powerful weapon if used correctly.

And one more tip. Be sure to use your grenade wisely. You only get one grenade to start off with I believe, so be sure to use it only when you know you can get at least one kill with it. This isn't Call of Duty 4, so you can't just throw it randomly from the start and expect to kill someone. Perhaps wait until you see a group of enemies clustered around, and then throw the grenade and try to get a few kills. That along with the grenade launcher can be very handy, if used at the right time.

Just be sure to keep practicing at the game, and you should get better in no time.

Super Elite
    That's like asking how do you get good at playing guitar... only thing to it is practice. I sucked majorly on CoD4 first time around but as time grew, I got better. Granted, I don't play it anymore but it was still fun.
    White Pelé

Thread Information