Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

"The credit card information is not valid"

The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully.

So I got this message today when I tried to update my billing information from using my mothers credit card to my own, except I get this message. I spoke to Sony and they couldn't help. I don't know what to do - I also tried the PC store, still same problem. Any help?

I BE A PIRATE!!!
    Items User name style
    how long ago did you put the other card on your account? takes 24 hours before you can change, make sure it's activated. also be sure your entering right.

steam id: ravioli704

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

So I got this message today when I tried to update my billing information from using my mothers credit card to my own, except I get this message. I spoke to Sony and they couldn't help. I don't know what to do - I also tried the PC store, still same problem. Any help?

This is probably your problem. When you are filling out your billing address. In address lines 1 2 and 3. Make sure to have nothing at all in the 2nd and 3rd lines. If you have an apartment number or something. Just leave it off. I had this same issue once before and this is what Sony told me. And it worked.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by _icc_ View Post
    how long ago did you put the other card on your account? takes 24 hours before you can change, make sure it's activated. also be sure your entering right.
    12 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher99 View Post
    This is probably your problem. When you are filling out your billing address. In address lines 1 2 and 3. Make sure to have nothing at all in the 2nd and 3rd lines. If you have an apartment number or something. Just leave it off. I had this same issue once before and this is what Sony told me. And it worked.
    I have nothing on the 2nd and 3rd lines of the address.

Apprentice
    are you using NA store? you cant use an euro or aus credit card with NA ps store anymoree..it doesnt workk

Apprentice

It is important to make sure all the info is in correctly. That includes your address. Find a credit card statement and make sure you type in the billing address exactly like it's printed on the statement. I had to call my bank to find out how they had my address printed.

Dedicated Member
    Sometimes these things are also case sensitive. I have to type my name, address, etc in all caps for it to work.
    Best to check how the bank has the card labels the information.

Apprentice
    i had that problem too. i think your psn id address and credit card address are diffrent i guess thats why.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    When I first put in my CC info it told me the same thing, ended up I couldn't put unit #1 but rather just 1.

the only time that happened to me i had my zip code in wrong

This happened to me also. I'm in the military and I'm stationed in the UK. I got my card from a bank on base and the billing address is on base as well. It's an APO address and there is no way for me to put that into the address bars. Is there anything I can do? I really want to get "The Last Guy", the demo was crazy.

AkumaMax
    If you cannot do this for whatever reason. Withdraw money for your CC and transfer it onto a Pre-paid credit card or one that you can put any balance on it!

Superior Member

if keep having problems with the system buy a prepaid CC and problem solved. its the easiest way.
    i use martyrdom to **** people off
    12/06/2008 i finished puzzle bobble

Superior Member
    Just to echo what the others are saying be sure that your address and everything are exactly how it appears on on whatever statement is received in the mail. Double check the expiration date, zip, and card number. Make sure that the store you are trying to access is the store in the same region as you, if using a card(i.e. UK credit card for UK store) otherwise it will not work.

My own card kicked back to me a couple of time before I realized I wasn't using a Mastercard but a Visa, tried like five time before I figured it out.
    Almost finished writing the first draft of my new novel!

Credit card information on PSN is not valid anymore

I have been using the Playstation Store with my credit card without any problems until April. My credit card expired in May and ive got the new one already. I opened my profile to update my billing information but i received the message "The credit card information is not valid".

My problem review :

My new credit card information is still the same (same bank,number,name) and just the expiration date (2009 changed to 2013) and Security Code have changed.
    When i open my billing information my old credit card information is already written, so i just updated the expiration date and Security Code. On the next page, my Address information is already written, so i did not change anything at all.
    But as soon as I confirmed and concluded the process I get the message "The credit card information is not valid"
    After this problem i decide to Erase all my old credit card and address information to manually put everything again (put all the informations that i have been using for 2 years until April/2009) but i got the message "The credit card information is not valid"

I've tried many times and several of the $1 authorization charges have successfully "hit" my account, but the console still comes back with the invalid info message. I have entered the billing information exactly as it appears on my billing statements. My address is simple, just a number and street name. I've also cleaned up any extra spaces that sometimes get added to text fields when you press START as the "Enter" key, and don't know what else to try.
    I tried using using all upper case, lower case, upper case just on the first letters and nothing.
    I tried to update using my PS3 and also on the store.playstation.com but i still get the same message.
    I use a credit card (Mastercard), not a debit card. The same card has been great for 2 years and suddenly it is not working anymore, is that possible ?

If several of the $1 authorization charges have successfully hit my account then the CC number is obviously correct, security code and the expiration date appears to be correct too.
    My address i have using for years is a "Number Street Name Rd", ive tried many combinations like:

Number, Street Name Rd
    Number, Street Name Road
    Number Street Name Rd
    Number Street Name Road
    But nothing worked

Can someone help me ? i tried many times and now i need to wait 48 hours to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by sayeed View Post
    are you using NA store? you cant use an euro or aus credit card with NA ps store anymoree..it doesnt workk
    Thatīs not correct. If you live in Europe (Germany in my case) and have a VISA CC you can use it in the US/CAN store to buy stuff. A Master Card does not work!

I've had this issue as well and fixed it by adding my information via playstation.com as apposed to the PS3.

The Mega Man
    Mine didn't work when i had to change the expiry date. I removed everything and saved. I then signed back in and reentered the info and it took...

~d

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

I'm the real Spock! Just kidding.

On topic at hand. Check the information card with your mother. Confirm the following with her: The card number, the 3 digits on the back of the card, street address, zip code, state, country, card's expiration date, and the exact name of your mother on her card. Have your mother talk with her Bank peeps to confirm the card's information.

I've got the problem too and it turns out my mother issued a new card so I am unable to get 10 bucks that I requested from her.

Dedicated Member
    You're not the only one. Lots of people on the offical PS boards have this problem too and there doesn't seem like there is a lot you can do about it. It's something on Sony's end. Used to happen to me for about a year since I had bought my PS3. I would try it about every 2 or 3 months then one day it finally worked. Has ever since now. <shrug>
    Living is easy with eyes closed.

Sic vita est...

Master Guru
    i had this problem 2 times, the first i solved cus i had a different mailing address, never changed it when i moved so i had to put down the old address for it to work, the second time i just didnt enter my apt number, i know these solutions have been mentioned, but i just figured i would throw out my input, other then that, try on the website, not via ps3, or call sony, im sure they will help you fast, i dont see them slackin when it comes to potential money.

Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    I am jealous cause your Hippo dances better than me And I am about the same size...

Superior Member
    Just buy a PSN card? Those $20 and $50 bucks or are those not available yet in U.K.?

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuchi10 View Post
    Just buy a PSN card? Those $20 and $50 bucks or are those not available yet in U.K.?
    Don't think so. I've never seen them on sale.

Master Guru
    i dont think they are in the UK yet, any UKers that can confirm that?

Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    I am jealous cause your Hippo dances better than me And I am about the same size...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitaojr View Post
    I have been using the Playstation Store with my credit card without any problems until April. My credit card expired in May and ive got the new one already. I opened my profile to update my billing information but i received the message "The credit card information is not valid".

My problem review :

My new credit card information is still the same (same bank,number,name) and just the expiration date (2009 changed to 2013) and Security Code have changed.
    When i open my billing information my old credit card information is already written, so i just updated the expiration date and Security Code. On the next page, my Address information is already written, so i did not change anything at all.
    But as soon as I confirmed and concluded the process I get the message "The credit card information is not valid"
    After this problem i decide to Erase all my old credit card and address information to manually put everything again (put all the informations that i have been using for 2 years until April/2009) but i got the message "The credit card information is not valid"

I've tried many times and several of the $1 authorization charges have successfully "hit" my account, but the console still comes back with the invalid info message. I have entered the billing information exactly as it appears on my billing statements. My address is simple, just a number and street name. I've also cleaned up any extra spaces that sometimes get added to text fields when you press START as the "Enter" key, and don't know what else to try.
    I tried using using all upper case, lower case, upper case just on the first letters and nothing.
    I tried to update using my PS3 and also on the store.playstation.com but i still get the same message.
    I use a credit card (Mastercard), not a debit card. The same card has been great for 2 years and suddenly it is not working anymore, is that possible ?

If several of the $1 authorization charges have successfully hit my account then the CC number is obviously correct, security code and the expiration date appears to be correct too.
    My address i have using for years is a "Number Street Name Rd", ive tried many combinations like:

Number, Street Name Rd
    Number, Street Name Road
    Number Street Name Rd
    Number Street Name Road
    But nothing worked

Can someone help me ? i tried many times and now i need to wait 48 hours to try again.
    I have exactly the same problem.

Sony won't do anything to fix this. It's REAL stupid.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Thread Information