Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Pure V Motorstorm 1

Ok first we had the impessions of pure and most people saying its a motorstorm clone or rip off well i just went and gave motorstorm and good work out and pure seems to have better handling is so much easier. Its prettier than motorstorm but should be as it newer motorstorm has some slow down on crashes. But the bit i use to enjoy but seems to bother me now is the replays good the 1 st ten times you watched them now too long and boring. And the randomness and how the AI hurts you 1 random wheel into and its off course but not crashed and lost 30 seconds stuck right up against a wall having to reverse well you know its restart time usually on lap 3 when no time to pull lead back sometimes i dont feel its true skill and just god damn luck .
    HAPPY GAMING !!!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by MISTERBUBBLES View Post
    Ok first we had the impessions of pure and most people saying its a motorstorm clone or rip off well i just went and gave motorstorm and good work out and pure seems better the handling is so much easier its prettier than motorstorm but should be as it newer motorstorm has some slow down on crashes but the bit i use to enjoy but seems to bother me now the replays good the 1 st ten times now too long and boring and the randomness and how the AI hurts you 1 random wheel into and its off course but not crashed and lost 30 seconds stuck right up against a wall having to reverse well you know its restart time usually on lap 3 when no time to pull lead back sometimes i dont feel its true skill and just god damn luck .
    HAPPY GAMING !!!
    not trying to be cruel or anything, but you need to punctuate your sentences. It's pretty hard to follow what you are saying here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a real boy!
    Motorstorm is a dynanic off-road racing game with several different vehicle classes that determine the way you play, and the course you take through a level. It's very aggressively oriented, where the main point aside from coming in first is to **** up everyone else on the track. Your vehicle can be destroyed, and damaged before it's made inoperable and you're forced to respawn.

Pure is an ATV only offroad racing game with pre-constructed paths and courses where you do tricks to get more boost power to come into first. The terrain is sterile, and you cannot really stop other players aside from running into them. The vehicles are not destructable and if you run off course far enough where you're "out of bounds" you just respawn.

As you can see the similarities end with "start to finish racing game". Can't really compare them because they don't do the same thing.

Elite Guru
    Ok first we had the impessions of pure and most people saying its a motorstorm clone or rip off well i just went and gave motorstorm and good work out and pure seems to have better handling is so much easier. Its prettier than motorstorm but should be as it newer motorstorm has some slow down on crashes. But the bit i use to enjoy but seems to bother me now is the replays good the 1 st ten times you watched them now too long and boring. And the randomness and how the AI hurts you 1 random wheel into and its off course but not crashed and lost 30 seconds stuck right up against a wall having to reverse well you know its restart time usually on lap 3 when no time to pull lead back sometimes i dont feel its true skill and just god damn luck .
    HAPPY GAMING !!!
    I see you edited it, but im still going to have to to say: what ???

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
    | Windows 7 x64 | Onkyo HT-S3100 5.1

Apprentice
    To me Pure seems like more of a sim, whereas Motorstorm has more of an arcade feel to it.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ-D View Post
    To me Pure seems like more of a sim, whereas Motorstorm has more of an arcade feel to it.
    Not really. Pure may look nice, but its very fake with the tricks and the air you can get off jumps. But still fun

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM

yes i know what both games are i used to love the randomness but now it just bugs me btw im playing level 4 in the buggies so yes the AI is aggressive and trying to **** me up all the time. Think im just fustrated with it like the devs at grid tried to work around with the rewind you know that feeling 3 laps in and mistake not your fault no chance of 1st 2nd or 3rd
    HAPPY GAMING !!
    ps does this still not make sense kids words of warning dont drink and drive or try to post drunk your taking your life in your hands LOL
    HAPPIER GAMING!

Elite Guru
    yes i know what both games are i used to love the randomness but now it just bugs me btw im playing level 4 in the buggies so yes the AI is aggressive and trying to **** me up all the time. Think im just fustrated with it like the devs at grid tried to work around with the rewind you know that feeling 3 laps in and mistake not your fault no chance of 1st 2nd or 3rd
    HAPPY GAMING !!
    I do agree, getting to the last lap and hitting a rock before the finish line pisses me off to no end, but i still love the game

Apprentice
    Two completely different games, pure is more like the old ATV offroad fury games while motorstorm is its own creation. I will say that I love them both and will purchase them both as they are released a month apart.

Forum Guru
    Pure is fun with all the tricks and stuffs, but there's only 1 type of vehicle you can use, while Motorstorm has monster trucks, bikes, cars, etc.

And from the videos i had watched, Motorstorm 2's lighting is awesome, but i gotta play the demo next week to judge which game will i purchase, Motorstorm 2 or Pure. Though i got a feeling i will still purchase Motorstorm 2
    PSN and XBL ID: EspadaKiller

Steam ID: god_of_shawn

My blog: www.espadakiller.wordpress.com Follow me @twitter as well!

guys it wasnt a pure v motorstorm 2 debate as i wont comment on something i aint played was just highlighting pure and motorstorm 1 and btw i will purchase both it wasnt trying to dis either both good support ps3
    DRUNKEN GAMINESS (just say no kids)
    LOL

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    Motorstorm is a dynanic off-road racing game with several different vehicle classes that determine the way you play, and the course you take through a level. It's very aggressively oriented, where the main point aside from coming in first is to **** up everyone else on the track. Your vehicle can be destroyed, and damaged before it's made inoperable and you're forced to respawn.

Pure is an ATV only offroad racing game with pre-constructed paths and courses where you do tricks to get more boost power to come into first. The terrain is sterile, and you cannot really stop other players aside from running into them. The vehicles are not destructable and if you run off course far enough where you're "out of bounds" you just respawn.

As you can see the similarities end with "start to finish racing game". Can't really compare them because they don't do the same thing.
    And this is exactly why i prefer Motorstorm. Pure is just a racer which doesn't interest me.

Motorstorm is the only title i'll be picking up out of the two.

Again this aint a pure v motorstorm 2 topic read the title folks
    btw IMO so many haters of pure its not trying to be motorstorm 1 2 or buckle my shoe

Master Guru
    I can't judge a game based just on a demo. Pure seems fun with great graphics. But if I had to make a choice between the both I'd pick Motorstorm. It has different vehicles, great soundtrack, nice graphics (remember it's a year older) and there's a lot of aggression, which Pure seems to lack.
    PLAYING: DRIVER SAN FRANCISCO, TEAM ICO HD COLLECTION, BF3 BETA.
    GETTING: UNCHARTED 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, TWISTED METAL, LAST GUARDIAN (RELASE DATE?)

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspinudo View Post
    Two completely different games, pure is more like the old ATV offroad fury games while motorstorm is its own creation. I will say that I love them both and will purchase them both as they are released a month apart.
    You beat me to it, word for word. Pure plays JUST like a next-gen ATV off-road fury game. That was my first thought the moment I pre-loaded a jump, instictively (having played lots of Off-Road Fury games), before the announcer guy told me too...

Motorstorm is, indeed, it's own beast.

^ Shaundi:
    Saints Row 3 version
    Consoles: PS3 / PS2 / PS1 / 360 / Xbox / Gamecube / N64 / Dreamcast / Saturn
    Games: Collection (**Updated 2/24/11**)
    PSN ID: Weareninja

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm buying both Pure and Motorstorm 2. I love racing games.

Bansh88
    "Baja" is comming out on the 22nd. ( it think). That is going to be the Motorstorm Killer even though i think Motorstorm franchise is garbage anyway.

Baja will be all reality based PLUS Free Roam! it will be the best of both worlds. the sim of DiRT and the fun of ATV Fury type games.

By the way, my opinion is that ATV Off-Road Fury 2 is still the best of any ATV game.

Superior Member
    Both are going to be very good I think, but Motorstorm will still come in first on sales atleast simply because it is a more well known title that was well received at the launch of the PS3. Both games are fun and will still please alot of people.

Sig by THUGGEDOUT

Forum Elder
    Motorstorm just oozes more quality, sharper graphics, better tighter handling, you feel as if you're really on the tracks and alot more realism in general. Pure seemed half complete to me and just not as graphically/technically impressive.

Urban Ethnic
    PSN ID
    bfd_josh
    i cant see how these games can be compared except there both off road, ill be getting pure thor as i love the tricks and older atv games on the ps2
    PSN - BFD_JOSH

Superior Member
    i liked the pure demo but i got motorstorm and it was the best racing game i have ever played. pure just is not my type of game but it still was fun. i will not be getting pure and i still even play motorstorm. i am also anticipating motorstorm 2 and will get it first day. so i would say motorstorm blows away pure (no offense intended just imo)

Ultimate Veteran
    I think Tyrien nailed it straight away, exactly as his post says, they're completely different games - the only concept that is the same is the "start to finish racing game", but even then, in PURE that's nowhere near as important, or as much of the focus as it is with Motorstorm.

AUSSIE RED FACTION: GUERRILLA CREW | AUSSIE GHOSTBUSTERS CREW

...There's never been a better time to be a gamer...

gta0004
    I hated the first motorstorm for some reason. Maybe the 2nd one will be good.

The Pure demo makes me wanna buy the game if it were like $30.

They are different games though,

Confinement
    Pure easily. Motorstorm had many flaws for me, especially the finicky crashing, and I don't find it near as enjoyable as Pure. Motorstorm 2 I cannot rate as of yet however.

Forum Elder
    Im going with PURE...Even though motorstorm and PURE cannot be compared, I have Motorstorm1 and i hated the style of it, the handling was bad, and it got boring fast, the loading times were a bigger joke!

PURE seems more fluent, and more interesting, its a game i can see having fun with the tricks, and customizing my own ATV, the graphics i just loved...

Off course i haven't played M2 PC yet, but from videos and pictures it looks the same as M1 in a new enivornment, not a buy for me, maybe not even a rent. PURE i will get, just loved the demo...

Thread Information