Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 117
  1. #51
    Forum Elder
    rykomatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    1,650 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 GAM3 View Post
    I think you guys should read the article I found on Kotaku.
    Source
    Article from same conference by Famitsu:
    http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1217975_1124.html

    I won't do a full translation, but here's cliff notes:
    -PS3, 360, and multiplat were all considered
    -Upon starting development, there were many merits for developing on 360 (did not elaborate on this)
    -Low JPN 360 LTD numbers, but doing very well worldwide, thus global audience was targetted (and also a necessity for success on console)

  2. #52
    Apprentice
    Wuzixi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    253 (0 Banked)
    Yeah , I convince my friend to get Eternal Sonata ... I really hope is gonna sell well *cross fingers*
    ~ when a caterpillar though life is over it become a butterfly ~

  3. #53
    AznGangsta
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rykomatsu View Post

    I won't do a full translation, but here's cliff notes:
    -PS3, 360, and multiplat were all considered
    -Upon starting development, there were many merits for developing on 360 (did not elaborate on this)
    -Low JPN 360 LTD numbers, but doing very well worldwide, thus global audience was targetted (and also a necessity for success on console)
    Of course we have to add "Microsoft paid us for the game" to the list, but developers won't openly state that..

    In addition, I don't believe that selling well globally is the key for the JRPG genre. A huge chunk of JRPG sales are sold in where else but Japan. Tales of Vesperia sold 100,000+ copies in Japan in its first week, but only sold about 56,000 in the United States in its first week. The worldwide audience thing doesn't work very well anymore because Sony has a pretty sizeable install base now. If they released the game multiplatform, then wouldn't there be even more sales worldwide? I think that many game developers are just lazy, refusing to learn how to program for the PS3. Or, they are just shortsighted and greedy, taking Microsoft's money in exchange for a possibly bigger payoff if they release the game for the PS3 as well.

  4. #54
    Forum Guru
    BakaMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    342 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AznGangsta View Post
    Of course we have to add "Microsoft paid us for the game" to the list, but developers won't openly state that..

    In addition, I don't believe that selling well globally is the key for the JRPG genre. A huge chunk of JRPG sales are sold in where else but Japan. Tales of Vesperia sold 100,000+ copies in Japan in its first week, but only sold about 56,000 in the United States in its first week. The worldwide audience thing doesn't work very well anymore because Sony has a pretty sizeable install base now. If they released the game multiplatform, then wouldn't there be even more sales worldwide? I think that many game developers are just lazy, refusing to learn how to program for the PS3. Or, they are just shortsighted and greedy, taking Microsoft's money in exchange for a possibly bigger payoff if they release the game for the PS3 as well.
    I dont know if thats a mis count but i chould be wrong. The info i got was 63k + Bundle around 10k unit making it 73k over all in one week of JP regin only.

    But even if MS pay them then they make enought to cover tha lost sales. For greedy company it probly dosnt matter as long they made up tha fund.
    PS3 60GB R.I.P Born Dec/17/07 Died in Nov 25/09
    WKC blog http://wkcinfo.blogspot.com/2008/12/...anslation.html
    Himeko Katagiri and Ayumu Kasuga aka Osaka dancing

  5. #55
    Forum Elder
    rykomatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    1,650 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AznGangsta View Post
    Of course we have to add "Microsoft paid us for the game" to the list, but developers won't openly state that..
    hence the "did not elaborate" in parenthesis in the second comment :P

  6. #56
    AznGangsta
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaMaster View Post
    I dont know if thats a mis count but i chould be wrong. The info i got was 63k + Bundle around 10k unit making it 73k over all in one week of JP regin only.

    But even if MS pay them then they make enought to cover tha lost sales. For greedy company it probly dosnt matter as long they made up tha fund.
    According to Famitsu, it sold 101,272 copies in its first week.

    I don't know how much Microsoft paid them, but it would have to quite a bit since Tales of Vesperia hasn't been doing so well. But, then again, I don't think Bandai Namco cares as long as they get money in the short run. But, what can you do about it? Bandai Namco just pretty much hates the PS3. They have only internally developed four games for the PS3 so far. They released Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (horrible game), Ridge Racer 7, Time Crisis 4 (a poor exclusive), and Soul Calibur 4 (multiplatform). The PS3 version for Tekken 6, the only major exclusive, has not even been mentioned for ages while the arcade version is already getting an upgrade despite the fact that the arcade version was built on PS3 tech.

  7. #57
    Veteran
    SomaXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So-Cal
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,792
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,759 (1,083 Banked)
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    i wish this was multiplatform... i would have rather bought it on the PS3 so i can use my DS3... minor complaint but i really despise my 360 controller.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

  8. #58
    Apprentice
    Wuzixi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    253 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    i wish this was multiplatform... i would have rather bought it on the PS3 so i can use my DS3... minor complaint but i really despise my 360 controller.
    I totally agree with you, somehow I really don't like the 360 controller. -_-
    ~ when a caterpillar though life is over it become a butterfly ~

  9. #59
    1lyi1
    Guest
    I'm actually putting serious thought into getting the 360 for Vesperia. With the recent price drop, I think it's time to do this!

  10. #60
    Dedicated Member
    havoc19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    253 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lyi1 View Post
    I'm actually putting serious thought into getting the 360 for Vesperia. With the recent price drop, I think it's time to do this!
    Betrayal! Traitor!



  11. #61
    1lyi1
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc19 View Post
    Betrayal! Traitor!
    I have joined the dark side.

    But I will always prefer my PS3, i grew up with the PS brand!

  12. #62
    All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
    Sieghardt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,856
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    13,883 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lyi1 View Post
    I'm actually putting serious thought into getting the 360 for Vesperia. With the recent price drop, I think it's time to do this!
    I'd certainly wait until after TGS to do so

  13. #63
    Forum Elder
    Scape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,546
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    141 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lyi1 View Post
    I'm actually putting serious thought into getting the 360 for Vesperia. With the recent price drop, I think it's time to do this!

    well, you will have other RPGs to play as well if you get it.

    Infinite Undiscovery
    Tales of Vesperia
    Lost Odyssey
    Mass Effect

    i really would not recommend the others they got though lol
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

    "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    ~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka


  14. #64
    Member
    HurricaneGautam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    123 (0 Banked)
    Infinite Indiscovery was kind of weak, lost odyssey was mediocre, but definitely get mass effect. That game was fcking awesome!

  15. #65
    1lyi1
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieghardt View Post
    I'd certainly wait until after TGS to do so
    Of course, I don't have the money now anyway.

  16. #66
    Super Elite
    Kagari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,470
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    267 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lyi1 View Post
    Of course, I don't have the money now anyway.
    lol, TLR is already coming to PS3 and the game will probably suck anyway. ToV will probably get ported, don't worry. :X

  17. #67
    Apprentice
    Wuzixi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    253 (0 Banked)
    I just hope it will not take 2 -3 year or so just to port it ....
    ~ when a caterpillar though life is over it become a butterfly ~

  18. #68
    Elite Member
    Cloudie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,836
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    3,613 (0 Banked)
    Meh. Never played a Tales of game. Never will. From what I've seen none of the rpgs on the 360 have been worth anything more than a rental.

    Microsoft is just trying to secure a place in Japan, something they lacked last gen, by buying into the rpg franchises. I suspect at TGS they'll have footage of Mistwalker's newest FF knock off.

    Dev costs are expensive so you can't blame companies for selling their souls to cold hard cash. I just wish Sony would have had a decent 1st rpg out of their own by now.

  19. #69
    Superior Member
    klee123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    612
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    259 (0 Banked)
    Meh, I'd prefer it if Namco actually announces a brand new tales game for the PS3 during TGS instead of a port.

    Man, would I love to see Abyss 2.

  20. #70
    Dedicated Member
    havoc19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    253 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AznGangsta View Post
    Of course we have to add "Microsoft paid us for the game" to the list, but developers won't openly state that..

    In addition, I don't believe that selling well globally is the key for the JRPG genre. A huge chunk of JRPG sales are sold in where else but Japan. Tales of Vesperia sold 100,000+ copies in Japan in its first week, but only sold about 56,000 in the United States in its first week. The worldwide audience thing doesn't work very well anymore because Sony has a pretty sizeable install base now. If they released the game multiplatform, then wouldn't there be even more sales worldwide? I think that many game developers are just lazy, refusing to learn how to program for the PS3. Or, they are just shortsighted and greedy, taking Microsoft's money in exchange for a possibly bigger payoff if they release the game for the PS3 as well.
    56k US 1st week? i dont see any numbers, same with Disgaea 3 which came out the same day so we'll have to wait till next months NPD report



  21. #71
    I'm a real boy!
    Tyrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,497
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    5,987 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie View Post
    Meh. Never played a Tales of game. Never will. From what I've seen none of the rpgs on the 360 have been worth anything more than a rental.

    Microsoft is just trying to secure a place in Japan, something they lacked last gen, by buying into the rpg franchises. I suspect at TGS they'll have footage of Mistwalker's newest FF knock off.

    Dev costs are expensive so you can't blame companies for selling their souls to cold hard cash. I just wish Sony would have had a decent 1st rpg out of their own by now.
    You either don't really like RPGs, think badly of RPGs BECAUSE its on 360, or your problem is that you've never played a tales game and that's why you think poorly.

    Shame.

  22. #72
    Elite Member
    LadyDuoMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Silent Hill
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    128 (639 Banked)
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by klee123 View Post
    Meh, I'd prefer it if Namco actually announces a brand new tales game for the PS3 during TGS instead of a port.

    Man, would I love to see Abyss 2.
    I have to agree with Klee here. I want to see a PS3 Tales game that is far superior in graphics, a fresh, new storyline, and more likable, no, LOVABLE characters. Don't get me wrong, Vesperia looks promising, but the PS3 deserves better than just a port.

    3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell



  23. #73
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    64
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Well we know the other main Tales team is working on something. Whether that lands on PS3 or Wii, who knows. Since it'll be 2D, probably easier for them to do SD sprites :/

  24. #74
    Apprentice
    Wuzixi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    253 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by klee123 View Post
    Meh, I'd prefer it if Namco actually announces a brand new tales game for the PS3 during TGS instead of a port.

    Man, would I love to see Abyss 2.
    I would love a Tales of the Abyss 2.
    ~ when a caterpillar though life is over it become a butterfly ~

  25. #75
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    10 (0 Banked)
    iīm pretty sure about this game coming top PS3 this game could sold a lot on japan but it didnīt for a simple reason japan doesnīt like 360.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.