Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
    PSU Media Manager
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

!!!MUST READ!!! Idea for Design Squad

This was just an idea I had and I consulted Rebon (webmaster of PS3land) and admin of PS3forums about it. I was also thinking of talking to Morpheus (webmaster of PS3portal) and admin of PS3forums about it as well. I also wanted to ask what you guys think too. So here it is:

I was thinking for PS3land's new website that we will be launching soon, maybe before E3, and maybe PS3portal... that we would have a section for people to buy packages of game wallpapers, sigs, avatars, and maybe a screensaver that would be designed by the Design Squad here at the PS3forums.

I was thinking maybe for anywhere to $1-$3 for example you could buy a Devil May Cry package that would include; 2 wallpapers, 2 sigs, 3 avatars, and maybe a Screensaver. $1 would go to the website webmaster, and then $2 would go into a paypal account for the Design Squad to split either evenly or by amount of work done at the end of each month. I was thinking that it could be a big thing. We could create a package or multiple packages for all the upcoming PS3 games. For example: Devil May Cry package #1, #2, #3, and maybe for a deal price of $5 you get all packages in one.

It would be a major money maker I think or at least it a try. Ps3land alone gets anywhere from 35,000 to over 100,000 viewers a day and with teh new layout coming it will be somthing similar to Gamespot or something...and if we can get PS3portal to help out that adds another 35,000 to 100,000 viewers a day. Think, if we can get even a small fraction of those people to buy game packages and we upkeep them with new games and new content all the time this could be a huge money maker.

So....what do you guys think??? I want to hear from the Design Squad along with other PS3forums members to hear if you think this could actually work!

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    good Idea, but I am worried, I think some design members may have fights about
    "who gets the money"...

how will you distribute everything?

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I think it is a great idea.
    With the talent some DS members have for design, i am sure that you will make some money.
    However, maybe a free downloadable wallpaper so people see what stytle of wallpaper they are buying would work perfectly...
    If you ever need a hand, even if i am an outter of the DS, just PM me, and i could voluntier.
    OVER.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Elite Guru
    I think its actually a good idea, maybe something like 2 bucks is the right price. Also they have to be TOP TOP quality if you want people to buy them

PSU Media Manager
    Okay to answer those questions or advice:

Distributing money: for one...its something I thought I would discuss with the DS but my idea was something like a requirement per month and we split the proceedings...now I realize that some packages would sell more than others and thats something we would have to talk about. Or maybe for each package each DS member must create something whether its a sig or avatar or wallpaper and we would switch off on each package. Now we could also do something like each member can create thier own packages of all thier own stuff and all the money that is made from it they get to keep.

Pricing: yeah $2 does sound good. I havent decided how much would go in each package whether it would be 6 items or more...that would decide price. but a percent would go to the webmasters of the website and the rest would go to the DS members. Also I was thinking for people who want all the packages there would be a savings price.

Forum Sage

good idea, but ofcourse the DS should discuss about the money, and the price etc. Ofcourse only the best avatars and signatures should be in....

Elite Member

Sounds pretty good. They will need to be REALLY AWESOME wallpapers and stuff though, really awesome.

I think $2 is ok. 50c to the site owner, and $1.50 to us, then all money collected at the end of the month (we all have access to the same account so we know.) the money is divided evenly. Unless there is an outcry that someone wasn't around and didn't work, etc.

BloodshedDude
    How about $1 for the board and $2 to the creator? That way you encourage people to do their best work.

Dedicated Member
    Eh I don't want to pay money.

50" 1080p Panasonic Plasma-Bose Home Theater-60gb PS3-Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank, Assassins Creed-7 BDs
    Wanted List: Killzone 2, Haze, Uncharted, Folklore, Devil May Cry 4
    Sig made by Killzone_71

PSU Media Manager
    Yeah... Price is something we should discuss....Like I said depending on how much comes in each package would help come up with price as well. And I agree with Skirbble...it would make it much much easier to just have it go into one big pot and at the end of each month we divide it evenly.

Also, yes it would be only the best work by the Design Squad. We would spend hours coming up with the designs and thats why we would evenly get the money. I think it would help too if we all did work in each package or tried to make it even work in each package that way it makes it easier to say we divide it evenly.

Plus I have now doubt that our work will be the best and most impressive. Still, I ahve talked to Rebon and he said it is definitly something to think about and could possibly be something that will be on the upcoming new PS3Land design.

Eh I dont want to pay money
    Well not everyone is going to buy them...this will be for people who want to support the DS for all their work and for general public whodont know about our Design Corner in the forums where you can have people design quality sigs and avatars for free. Also, we will offer more than just sigs and avatars in the packages....this is also something to discuss, what we will include in each package and of course which games to cover first.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I got a small idea.

Maybe every member of the DS makes a Wallpaper and they are all packed. That way, money could be easily distributed.

For example, noticing that a few members of the DS are unactive right now, lets think that NUM, VP, Coolio, Trib, Skribble and maybe NU4aName make 1 wallpaper each...
    If the package is worth 3DL, each member would get .5DL.

Do you think this is any good? Another thing to take care of, would be distribution.
    I mean, after a buyer downloads the wallpaper, he can do everything, even distribute them all through PMing in the forums...Any ideas of how to solve this?
    OVER.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

PSU Media Manager
    For one...Rebon and I am sure Morpheus have lawyers and our work in these packages would be copyright protected. Rebon and Morphues would own the rights since it would be displayed on their websites. Also, we would have to proably rely on people being nice about everything and not jipping us out of our hard work....Like I said before, this is just an idea and I need all teh advice I can get. I would really like it, so DS members can start earning money for their Designs, ya know.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Sounds good to have copyrighted stuff.
    Maybe you guys could come up with a logo you can put in the lower part of a wallpaper...
    One question, can you please take 2 minutes of your time to fix the RT signature from Thorzilla Chief to Thorzilla.
    OVER.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Forum Sage
    You could do something like Digitalblasphemy.com does...They offer a free section and a Member section. The free wallpapers anyone can download. The member's section (which tends to be the best looking wallpapers) you have to pay for.
    "It's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace.

Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna
    get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are." ~Easy Rider (1969)

PSU Media Manager
    Yeah...I talked to Rebon about that kinda...

Since we will ahve user accounts, maybe having a premium member account that you pay per month for gets you high quality wallpapers and such and maybe even Latest News that other members have to wait for or interviews when E3 rolls around. And HD videos to download.

PSU Media Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla
    Sounds good to have copyrighted stuff.
    Maybe you guys could come up with a logo you can put in the lower part of a wallpaper...
    One question, can you please take 2 minutes of your time to fix the RT signature from Thorzilla Chief to Thorzilla.
    OVER.
    It takes a little longer than 2 min to change the animation and such...Plus I am leaving here soon. Like I said in the sig rating thread. I will get that all done tomarrow.

Superior Member

It will be a great way to utilize th DS's talents

PNP Name: canks - Add Me

Master Sage
    its a good idea bad idea thing. will we still be able to get free avatars and stuff as members? or will we pay too? i can manage making my own instead of paying for it for example. it may turn people away. but its a good idea if you guys can get it going.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Got it NUM.
    Sounds like a great idea to have a members section.
    The DS would get the member section for free i guess...
    OVER.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

PSU Media Manager
    members here at the forum can still request for FREE sigs and such...this is more for the general visitors that come to the websites during E3 and such. Also for people who are wanting to support the DS for all our work we have done for everyone in the past. Kinda like a donation, but its worth a try...plus, what if it really takes off??? This could be a big money maker. Not to mention the Webmasters have nothing to lose

Forum Sage
    If you were to sell sigs and avatars you'd have to make sure that a newbie isn't able to request one. He might realize he could pay for a sig or just post a couple mindless posts and get one for free.
    "It's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace.

Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna
    get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are." ~Easy Rider (1969)

Master Sage
    members here at the forum can still request for FREE sigs and such...this is more for the general visitors that come to the websites during E3 and such. Also for people who are wanting to support the DS for all our work we have done for everyone in the past. Kinda like a donation, but its worth a try...plus, what if it really takes off??? This could be a big money maker. Not to mention the Webmasters have nothing to lose
    i have a idea to fix the thought. you guys should make a certain number of posts you got to get to in order to get free ones. that way a member cant come just post once or twice ask then leave. i see what your doing though and it looks like a really good idea. man wish i was in lol.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Tribunal
    I don't think it would fly to well, but we could try.

PSU Media Manager
    Well I think we will still design things for people in the forums like we are doing now....this idea is just for PS3 portal and PS3land websites....they will ahve seperate links on thier nav bars to a marketplace to buy this stuff.

Also, I am planning on getting maybe 2 more members now. We no longer have Cap826 and NoUse4Name and I have also talked of getting a few more anyway. Oh and we lost Affinity for a while. I dont know if he wants back in....

Master Sage
    Also, I am planning on getting maybe 2 more members now. We no longer have Cap826 and NoUse4Name and I have also talked of getting a few more anyway. Oh and we lost Affinity for a while. I dont know if he wants back in....
    yea but its me. ill try but well. its just looking that my sig in the contest has no votes thats throughing me off lol.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Thread Information