Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: post ranks

Dedicated Member

post ranks

just out of curiosity what are all the post ranks and how many posts do u need to get them

Master Poster
    Now that would be a spoiler... wouldnt it?
    Co-Founder: PSU | Playfire

Veteran
    Theres quite a few. One thing I will divulge is that once you get to a certain skill level (not number of posts), the admin will offer you a custom rank! which can be anything you want!

Dedicated Member
    rebonuk thats so unfair
    and morpheus
    well in that case everytime i go on this site im going to engage my brain up to the 95% mark, come on 1 im not perfect enough to get 100% and 2 just trying to get 100% is something i only do in exams because its not good for my sanity
    well i think im gonna have to get round to doing that thing about the ps3 GPU setup which i can never get round 2 now that i have some time because its the easter hols, even though i should be revising
    and i was just thinking, what if i make a thread with each rank and the number of posts for each rank as i encounter them for all to see!!!!!!

Veteran
    Yep, v. good idea! You can do that if you want. Theres nothing to stop you, but just sayin it may take u a while to rack up the kinda post count/ skill level required to go up the ranks. (One clue -> the gaps between them get bigger each time you go up a rank (roughly)). Make good, legible posts and your skill level will rocket

Dedicated Member
    yea the gaps get bigger on ps3i as well, im a insider veteran there at mo but im almost a post $#@! yay!!!!, not even omega's a oracle yet though.
    and as for the good ligitable posts well i dont know how good my posts are but as for the spelling i just cant be that botherd but a spellcheck thing would be good as ive said already
    how much skill points do u get for what exacly?

Veteran
    That’s really up to the Admin and any future Mods. The most I've given to anyone in one go is 500 Skill I think. However It's not set in stone. Get a high post count and then a bonus of not spamming and doing quality posts will be extra Skill. This goes for everyone. As for your posts Gaming Ulitma - they're pretty good, just maybe consider popping them into Word and spell checking them first. Takes about two seconds. Keep up the good work.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    That’s really up to the Admin and any future Mods. The most I've given to anyone in one go is 500 Skill I think. However It's not set in stone. Get a high post count and then a bonus of not spamming and doing quality posts will be extra Skill. This goes for everyone. As for your posts Gaming Ulitma - they're pretty good, just maybe consider popping them into Word and spell checking them first. Takes about two seconds. Keep up the good work.
    i never thought of using word, thanks for the advice
    i think when i get the opportunity im gonna try and break that 500 record with a ultra cool techy post when i can be pissed, oh by the way is swearing allowed on this forum?

Veteran
    Generally yes, but obviously in moderation. Any swears directed at others is a different thing and those people will be warned.

Dedicated Member
    Generally yes, but obviously in moderation. Any swears directed at others is a different thing and those people will be warned.
    speaking of which i would like to remind you of my warnign system thread in the suggestions /comments topic which u thought was a good idea back at the time

Veteran
    Yea. Thanks for reminding me. Its just a time factor, cause it takes a long time to do. However when I have the time I'll do it. Shouldn’t be too long. At the moment the forums not suffering from any weirdo fanboys, but it would be a good safe guard so I'll get right onto it when I get the time.

Dedicated Member
    yea hopefully this forum wont be subjected to any more of pogons friends
    hey this is my 100th post!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gaming ultima
    yea hopefully this forum wont be subjected to any more of pogons friends
    Hehe, pogon. That guy thought he was so hard and that he could take down the entire forum with just him and his friend. A quick email to his ISP and college after he threated DOS attacks was all it took to get him shut up.
    Co-Founder: PSU | Playfire

Dedicated Member
    i was just looking down the membership list to see if there are any clues to the ranks and i saw psxjunkie has over270 posts and yet he is still at the 'member' rank, dont u think that the ranks are a bit far apart at least at the lower end of the scale?

Blake
    I personally never even pay attention to my number of posts or skill points. They are essential to have but we shouldnt sit and obsess over them. Oh, and I think the ranks should be far apart. Reduces spamming and makes you earn that next rank.

Veteran
    Nope, I did think that a while ago though. Like PSX_Junkie says, a big gap makes the other Ranks more enticing and reduces spamming.

Oh you are right though - since the Boards were down I haven’t had time to fix the rank positions. It's now 250 for the third rank. However don't forget that ‘Star Ranks’ are positioned differently to ‘Name Ranks’ like ‘Elite Member’ so for example PSX_Junkie has currently 270 posts and is an Elite Member (third rank) but only has Two Stars. Get it?

Dedicated Member
    Nope, I did think that a while ago though. Like PSX_Junkie says, a big gap makes the other Ranks more enticing and reduces spamming.

Oh you are right though - since the Boards were down I haven’t had time to fix the rank positions. It's now 250 for the third rank. However don't forget that ‘Star Ranks’ are positioned differently to ‘Name Ranks’ like ‘Elite Member’ so for example PSX_Junkie has currently 270 posts and is an Elite Member (third rank) but only has Two Stars. Get it?
    why have name ranks and star ranks?
    and having huge gaps might make people spam more to compensate
    how many diffrent name ranks are there?

Veteran
    Anyone whose stupid enough to Spam 200 odd posts just to go up a rank would have to have no life and would get banned pretty quickly - so yes it does reduce spamming (but I do see your logic). Name ranks are so Members can see whose what, and Star Ranks give a quick indication to non-members how much someone contributes to the forum. There are roughly 10 ranks (But this may change).

Dedicated Member
    the more ranks the better if you ask me, i like my rank changing everynow and then, i know i know its sad but its like a fresh welcome change. and incase any of you dont think i have a life, i do its just that whenever im not out somewhere with friends or at school im on the net or playing a game.

Blake
    If you plan to stick around, you'll see your rank go up eventually...so dont fret, be of good cheer.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PSX_Junkie
    If you plan to stick around, you'll see your rank go up eventually...so dont fret, be of good cheer.
    why wouldnt i stick around? i plan to stay at both here and ps3i untill even after the ps3 comes out and maybe in 6 years time i will join ps4forums and ps4insider lol

Blake
    Did I say you wouldnt stick around? Nooo, I said and I quote "if you plan to stick around..." I dont know your mind, dont know how you think..some people come and go and some stay. Good to see you want to stick with the forums though.

Dedicated Member
    okok I’m sorry if i sounded a bit ummm angry or wotever

Blake
    heh, nah I shoud apologize. I was kinda in a good mood when I wrote that and when I get in good mood I can be a smart arse.

Hideo Kojimo Begins Podcasts

Give me feedback.. the podcasts are only in Japanese so let me know if anyone wants to see the story done on this. thanks

Thread Information