Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: When should the PS4 be released?

Voters
1390. You may not vote on this poll

138 9.93%

362 26.04%

274 19.71%

616 44.32%
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5262 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1566

I cant wait!

I'm so anticipating an announcement at this year's E3, but on the other hand, i think it's way too early.

did you guys see this video?

Playstation 4 Destroys Used Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo5Lo...ature=youtu.be

Apprentice
    I believe AMD Abu Dhabi will power PS4. Its on 28 nm has 16 cores. So it matches up to Xbox 3 having 16 cores if rumors are true. Also though this would kill APU rumor. I think instead of APU and Dual Graphics both Xbox 3 and PS4 will feature just one powerhouse graphics core and a massive cooling system. I am thinking AMD 7950 for PS4 and AMD 6950 for Xbox 3. Both put off alot of heat, but they are comparable side by side with PS4 edging out Xbox 3 slightly. Fits up to all the rumors about PS4 being slightly more powerful, 16 cores, and etc. PS3 and X360 both have GPUs that match up with 4.4 Gpixels if these two GPUs are chosen for Next gen then they both have GPUs that match up with 25.6 Gpixels with PS4 edging out with more GTextures/bandwidth/GFlops. I guess E3 will reveal all, but that is my opinion on the matter. Although its likely if true there will be some modifications to the GPU before launch. Final specs should be ready by E3 one would believe though.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFire View Post
    I believe AMD Abu Dhabi will power PS4. Its on 28 nm has 16 cores. So it matches up to Xbox 3 having 16 cores if rumors are true. Also though this would kill APU rumor. I think instead of APU and Dual Graphics both Xbox 3 and PS4 will feature just one powerhouse graphics core and a massive cooling system. I am thinking AMD 7950 for PS4 and AMD 6950 for Xbox 3. Both put off alot of heat, but they are comparable side by side with PS4 edging out Xbox 3 slightly. Fits up to all the rumors about PS4 being slightly more powerful, 16 cores, and etc. PS3 and X360 both have GPUs that match up with 4.4 Gpixels if these two GPUs are chosen for Next gen then they both have GPUs that match up with 25.6 Gpixels with PS4 edging out with more GTextures/bandwidth/GFlops. I guess E3 will reveal all, but that is my opinion on the matter. Although its likely if true there will be some modifications to the GPU before launch. Final specs should be ready by E3 one would believe though.
    I would say that is wishful thinking, as those two GPUs are way too expensive to be put in a console. There energy consumption and heat generation is also not acceptable. MS and Sony will likely have a custom made GPU that may be based on the Radeon 7000 series architecture.

Apprentice
    One can dream though right. :P

I am thinking its 6750 for XB3 and 7770 for PS4. or around that range. I expect TDP to be around 70-80ish give or take some here or there at most. Still with custom GPU build. Although rumors of dual configuration would shift that upwards. Makes me wonder If they manage a single higher up series GPU instead of dual config. A heatsink + cooling works fine on High end PC configurations. What's to stop them from being in a console?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFire View Post
    One can dream though right. :P

I am thinking its 6750 for XB3 and 7770 for PS4. or around that range. I expect TDP to be around 70-80ish give or take some here or there at most. Still with custom GPU build. Although rumors of dual configuration would shift that upwards. Makes me wonder If they manage a single higher up series GPU instead of dual config. A heatsink + cooling works fine on High end PC configurations. What's to stop them from being in a console?
    THe PC GPUs are huge in size...their cooling systems are also giangantic. Console GPU need to be much much smaller and the insides of the console cannot accommodate two 90mm fans to cool the chip. Therefore they have to put in something that does not emit too much heat.

PSN ID
    phantomjla24
    i agree totally

Dedicated Member
    I am putting my money on AMD APU rumour. Seems more better suited for Sony's strategy to have zero losses from launch of PS4 onwards and it would put TDP to <100W range.
    Do you feel the fear swell inside that filthy bag of meat? - Shodan
    Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network at Wikipedia

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugix View Post
    I am putting my money on AMD APU rumour. Seems more better suited for Sony's strategy to have zero losses from launch of PS4 onwards and it would put TDP to <100W range.
    I do agree that AMD GPU is likely, but I really hope that it is not 6xxx series or even 7xxx series GPU.

Considering the release date most likely to be 2014, it will be something more modern and possibly 'slightly' tweaked version of 8xxx - 9xxx? series.

Also CPU with some sort of asymmetric cores is pretty much given, if they do want decent calculation power from CPU. (flops/watt)
    3-6 proper OoO cores to get decent single thread performance and make it easy to make games for the system.
    Then lots of small/simple cores to get decent multithread and calculation efficency per watt for all kinds of additional tasks. (Either AMD/APU like or more genric CPU cores like SPUs or knights corner.)

What I would love for the system is fixed hardware for both audio and video encoding/decoding (perhaps even dedicated hardware for sound mixing, propagation etc).
    This would allow easy low power and cache efficent way for capturing videos and sending them to vita or other devices.
    Also ability to play sounds directly from mp3 files would be very nice for soundscapes in games and would save main memory as well.
    Last edited by jlippone; 04-23-2012 at 08:19.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

I don't think they should launch it any time soon especially after what happened with the ps3.

They should all sit down and think how they can improve it with putting some 3-D stuff in there or making it really powerful and worth the 6-700 or maybe even more people are going to pay for it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by dreams View Post
    I don't think they should launch it any time soon especially after what happened with the ps3.

They should all sit down and think how they can improve it with putting some 3-D stuff in there or making it really powerful and worth the 6-700 or maybe even more people are going to pay for it.
    what?! No one will pay more than $500

PSN ID
    BOZTRADAMUS
    I just really hope that the PS3 games will work perfectly on PS4 unlike the PS2 games for PS3 needed patches etc!

Another dev joining the next gen consoles band wagon http://www.creative-assembly.com/job...ay-programmer/

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    I say 2013 would be good for a PS4 release date...

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    I say 2013 would be good for a PS4 release date...
    I bet we wont see it till 2015.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post

you're on. I say holiday 2013

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Stakes? Gotta do something embarassing lol

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

WiiU coming out this year, means MS next is coming shortly and you think Sony will give them +2 years advance on the market? Are you crazy?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by baho View Post
    WiiU coming out this year, means MS next is coming shortly and you think Sony will give them +2 years advance on the market? Are you crazy?
    Considering the next wii is slightly more powerful than current gent its not a leg up as a temorary competition.

Considering the next wii is slightly more powerful than current gent its not a leg up as a temorary competition.

Oh wow and when Wii came out it was sooooooooo much more powerful then ps2/xbox :>

22. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Sony will probably beat MS to the market. But both are not going to let nintendo take all the money again

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Not sure Sony can beat Microsoft with their hardware out the market first unless they announce their next generation console in this year's E3 and have it out by Holiday of this same year. Microsoft is in a position to do so since Sony has so many first party games to announce at E3 2012. A 2013 Announcement sounds probable because the market will demand it.

I have a feeling Sony will change their strategy this time around. They will let Nintendo and MS duke it out for some time and come out with their next console in ~2015 but have it completely overshadow the others in technical prowess. Personally, i think this would be their best course of action.

Superior Member

Sony cannot afford to launch much later and come up with a more expensive console. Might need to show something this year especially if MS moves to show something at any of this years game conventions
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Thread Information