View Poll Results: When should the PS4 be released?

Voters
1390. You may not vote on this poll

138 9.93%

362 26.04%

274 19.71%

616 44.32%
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5363
Results 1,551 to 1,566 of 1566

PSN ID
    jack1982cp
    2013 would be good. At least show it at the 2013 E3. I think they need to come out with it before the next Xbox so they don't lose a ton of sales like they did this gen. And the TV commercials - please - show the product. Describe its features.

Something competitively priced would help a lot too. They aren't introducing a lot of new technology this time, no transition from DVD to Blu ray, no transition from SD to HD, etc. So you would think they could release something at least somewhat affordable.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by baho View Post
    I have a feeling Sony will change their strategy this time around. They will let Nintendo and MS duke it out for some time and come out with their next console in ~2015 but have it completely overshadow the others in technical prowess. Personally, i think this would be their best course of action.
    is this sarcastic? change their strategy? thats the exact SAME strategy... which i highly doubt sony will do again... sony has already proven to be competent in their tech... im not really concerned that the PS4 will be anything short of amazing... and will be just as amazing as anything any other company can do.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

I was talking about a 3-4 years difference so the advance in tech is easily observed. If they do not then their only option is to announce PSnext sometime this year and release it sometime next year.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Look at the number of poll votes *.*
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Look at the number of poll votes *.*
    Wow you just noticed

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    wow i never seen this thread before lol i just voted now for 2014

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

More new news?

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I'd be happy with a ps3.5. Add more ram, better blu ray drive...price between 350 - 400. I'm sold.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

9. Likes paulao likes this post
    Elite Member
    So im a few years late, but heres a response to this thread. I came up with some of these ideas whlie playing 360 actually. The obvious one, is revamping PSN. While gameplay is fine on both 360 and PS3, the community is more social on 360, and everything is connected which is great. It needs to be so when you want to play PS4 game, everyone can chat, and check trophies, etc in game or at once.

But as for a smaller details, they need to have faster optical drives. Regardless how people may feel about the games, COD and Halo load very quick. You launch COD/Halo, and your very quickly in a match/playing. But Starhawk and Killzone have pretty decent load times on the other hand. Sony needs to have faster blu ray drives so games load much faster, and also so we dont need to install games, so we can save some HDD space.

They NEED to ship the system with a headset, or at the very least have some sort of official headset readily available.

It would also be nifty IMO to have the UI take advantage of the PS Move, assuming they stick with it. LiveArea on the Vita is pretty nice for a handheld, but it would also work well for the move I think.
    PSN - SillyHatMafia

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyHatMafia View Post
    So im a few years late, but heres a response to this thread. I came up with some of these ideas whlie playing 360 actually. The obvious one, is revamping PSN. While gameplay is fine on both 360 and PS3, the community is more social on 360, and everything is connected which is great. It needs to be so when you want to play PS4 game, everyone can chat, and check trophies, etc in game or at once.

But as for a smaller details, they need to have faster optical drives. Regardless how people may feel about the games, COD and Halo load very quick. You launch COD/Halo, and your very quickly in a match/playing. But Starhawk and Killzone have pretty decent load times on the other hand. Sony needs to have faster blu ray drives so games load much faster, and also so we dont need to install games, so we can save some HDD space.

They NEED to ship the system with a headset, or at the very least have some sort of official headset readily available.

It would also be nifty IMO to have the UI take advantage of the PS Move, assuming they stick with it. LiveArea on the Vita is pretty nice for a handheld, but it would also work well for the move I think.
    I'm pretty sure that Sony will not release a new console that does not support in game cross chat. PS move support is questionable considering the popularity of 360 "Connect" functionally with voice control.

IMO more memory, better graphics, and larger HDD are a given. Only question would be an optical drive (go with a faster higher capacity Blu Ray drive or stay with what the have in the PS3). They might even consider an economy version of the new console that does not have a Optical drive at all?

Then the final question is do they stay with Cell Processor or not?
    Last edited by Redrider; 06-18-2012 at 07:17. Reason: sp
    PLAYING B3YOND since November 17th 2006 and F@H since 3/23/07.

Sig by buckeyefan.

PSN ID
    flashguru
    i have always thought of PS4 coming in 2013, and as much ive seen in other forums it seems that PS4 will come somewhere near to 2013 christmas. I assume this will happen in Japan and will come somewhere in early 2014 to US and EU.
    Also one the biggest tech shops in Sweden allready take pre-orders on PS4. Of course this doesnt mean that i really is released in 2013 but still, there are some hopes IMO

Forum Guru
    I wouldn't be surprised that if Ps4 and X720 both would have some sort of ARM core for all GUI and net programs.
    Then a Proper CPU/GPUs in 'virtualized' mode which would run on top of that.

This would make it very easy to have dedicated game resources and still have proper and fast GUI interaction on top, it also would make it easier to protect from all hacking attempts.
    It also should make things like video/image capture very easy as there would be already allocated resources for it.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I am going to predict that Sony will announce new info on the PS4 at the Tokyo Game Show, show it at E3 2013 and release in time for Christmas 2013...

I know the rumors say that it will have a card based on the Radeon HD 7670 model line, I am *hoping* they put two of those GPUs into the PS4 configured in SLI mode, I am sure by the time the PS4 releases the OEM cost for that GPU will be minimal, so putting two of them in there would severely help the lifespan and performance of the system! One thing you have to remember is the PS3 was so expensive because of CELL and Blu-Ray because they were so new, now Blu-ray components are inexpensive and if they go with the rumored AMD processor I think all will be good! So Sony, if you are listening...PUT TWO OF THOSE GPUS IN THE SYSTEM!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyHatMafia View Post

Please no mic in the box, my experience with 360 means more whiny people online because they all have mics.

Thank you itachi

16. Likes Itachi likes this post

Thread Information