Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by babuks View Post
    If you have quality, you don't cut prices.
    Wow... I need to applaud.

That is the first flamebait / 360 slam post I have seen that didn't name EITHER console!

Now that we have that out of the way... more posts like that and we will start seeing reports dropped your way.
    LMAO

Power Member
    If you have quality, you don't cut prices.
    Is this why my PS3 is going into the repair shop for no fault of my own?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffinator View Post
    Well I imagine that it broke when YOU turned it on. Therefore, it's your fault .
    60GB PS3 on 11/17/06
    40GB PS3 on 11/17/07
    120GB PS3 Slim 10/1/09

Xbox price cut? Is it a threat? A threat to who? You and me? I doubt it, maybe to Nintendo and Sony's share of the market perhaps. It's just economics, reduce the price... shift more Xboxes.

They're feeling the pinch from both Nintendo and Sony shifting ever larger quantities of consoles and games. There's a finite market out there and all the big names have a share in that wealth. More people owning Xbox means more people buying Xbox games and accessories, hence a bigger share of that big cash cake. It's all about profit. It's that simple.
    Sniping is an artform,
    My rifle is my brush,
    You are my canvas.

The King Of Kings
    Quote Originally Posted by rikwakefield View Post
    How do you explain Sony's price cut then?
    He's in the wrong business world.

Quote Originally Posted by rikwakefield View Post
    How do you explain Sony's price cut then?
    The statement was made on the point that when you are competing (here ps3 and 360), you don't cut your price to increase sale. If so, you prove to have lesser quality than your rival. Am I clear?

Last time ps3 cut prices when it was higher than that of the 360. But what happened now that ps3 and 360 was of the same price, 360 sees danger in horizon and cuts price. You can't compare the too situations.

My 360 went to the repair shop 2 times in last 4 months. Stop crying then.

The statement was made on the point that when you are competing (here ps3 and 360), you don't cut your price to increase sale. If so, you prove to have lesser quality than your rival. Am I clear?

Last time ps3 cut prices when it was higher than that of the 360. But what happened now that ps3 and 360 was of the same price, 360 sees danger in horizon and cuts price. You can't compare the too situations.

My 360 went to the repair shop 2 times in last 4 months. Stop crying then.
    We are talking about electronic stuff dude. It is normal to get price cut as the product getting old. Based on your theory, PS3 won't need price cut and its competitors keep getting price cut, you will be sorry to see PS3 getting further behind.

Quote Originally Posted by gilzones View Post
    We are talking about electronic stuff dude. It is normal to get price cut as the product getting old. Based on your theory, PS3 won't need price cut and its competitors keep getting price cut, you will be sorry to see PS3 getting further behind.
    I never said that PS3 does not need price cut. And I am not a PS3 fanboy. Why Microsoft cut the price of 360 while it could not supply last few months. Why it cut price if it is doing great against ps3?

I have a 360 and don't have a ps3. But I love to get one. I am just fed up to see red lights on 360.

biosh0tz
    It will be obviously as people buy 360 as it is cheaper than ps3, now even more cheaper.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm actually impressed at the civility in this thread.

Personally I think all the consoles are going to well this holiday season. I actually think to an extent the price drop by MS is not negative for Sony as what it does now is create consoles for different segments of the market.

Light gaming with the emphasis on drunk in-laws at the party - get the Wii

Want something more than a Wii and which breaks you into the world of HD gaming, along with a well implemented and well-known online experience - get the 360

Want a multimedia beast with blu-ray support and the full HD experience (including the High Definition audio) - get the PS3

Remember also that it doesn't matter where exclusives may end up going in the next 12 months, it's where they are now that will sell systems this christmas. Each console has its own exclusives and if people are interested in those they will choose the only console that will be providing them this year.

I don't see it as a problem

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Super Elite

I never said that PS3 does not need price cut. And I am not a PS3 fanboy. Why Microsoft cut the price of 360 while it could not supply last few months. Why it cut price if it is doing great against ps3?

I have a 360 and don't have a ps3. But I love to get one. I am just fed up to see red lights on 360.
    By your logic, if you never said the PS3 needs a price cut, then you're saying it's not quality electronics.

Superior Member
    its just a marketing strategy for microsoft. they drop the price of their console but on the other hand, the games and xbox live remains the same. as long as those 2 are making money. that is all they care

Thread Information