Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Looking for a Silent Hill V Review

Maybe it's just me, but I really haven't seen a lot of reviews concerning this game. Actually, other than one review in an X Box magazine, I haven't seen any reviews. This actually makes me nervous considering the game is supposed to be released in about 10 days.

If anyone can give me a heads up if they have seen a review on the internet somewhere, it would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Didn't knew there was one review out for the game, got a link?

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Apprentice
    No sorry there is not a review anywhere out for it. I have checked everywhere, still on the fence about this game but I won't be buying it for along time with all the others games, I think Silent Hill has gone downhill recently. Still I could be wrong.

PS like your sig Nuv really was a good actor his role in Batman was phenomenal, went back and watched his other films, will miss the guy.

Forum Sage
    The release is in, like, November, so there are no reviews for this game yet. There are some previews, but not any reviews.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    The release is in, like, November, so there are no reviews for this game yet. There are some previews, but not any reviews.
    That is in Europe, this game is being released at the end of this month/early next month in NA.

Once more into the fray.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    Every date I see for its release says September 30, did it get delayed?

yah im really debating about getting this game. I played the first Silent Hill, thought it was pretty cool and figured this one should be good considering its 'PS3 updated'. What im concerned about though is its not the same developers that made the last ones. IGN doesnt talk it up much and is concerned about the outcome of it. I guess only time will tell...

Apprentice
    I think its way too early for that game to get a review. Usually the highly anticipated games get reviews like within a week before release. I just don't think SH5 is one of those "highly anticipated" games. Sure it has a fan base, just not as big as MGS or GTA.
    PS3 40GB -> upgraded to 250GB -> BR Dies ( Month 6 ) -> Repaired -> BR Dies ( Month 13 ) -> Refuse to repair
    Xbox 360 Premium -> RRoD ( Month 18 ) -> Repaired -> Still kicking
    Wii -> Soft Mod -> Collecting Dust
    PSP ORIGINAL -> CFW -> Bricked -> Revived -> CFW -> Still Kicking

Superior Member

They don't have a review out yet, but they have a nice 9 minute video of gameplay on youtube. This game looks awesome, i haven't played a silent hill game in a while

Apprentice

Nuvian,

Sorry about the late reply, after I typed in my question, ended up going out playing Texas hold' em all night with friends. I do not have a link, I read it in an Xbox magazine, (don't hate me, the only reason I picked it up is to see some reviews), I was almost positive it gave Silent Hill V a 69% Review (but I will try to check it out again to make sure it didn't say preview (although I am unsure why they would assign a "score" to a preview).

I will also check online to see if it is available, I maybe mistaken, I thought it was OXM magazine, if that is correct. Even if this game is average, I will still probably end up getting it. It's been awhile since I have played a SH game.

BTW, I was refering to the NA release date, which still has it posted at September 30th.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by jason551 View Post
    Nuvian,

Sorry about the late reply, after I typed in my question, ended up going out playing Texas hold' em all night with friends. I do not have a link, I read it in an Xbox magazine, (don't hate me, the only reason I picked it up is to see some reviews), I was almost positive it gave Silent Hill V a 69% Review (but I will try to check it out again to make sure it didn't say preview (although I am unsure why they would assign a "score" to a preview).

I will also check online to see if it is available, I maybe mistaken, I thought it was OXM magazine, if that is correct. Even if this game is average, I will still probably end up getting it. It's been awhile since I have played a SH game.

BTW, I was refering to the NA release date, which still has it posted at September 30th.
    Why would someone hate you for picking up an xbox mag? the xbox have alot of good games
    69%? that is quite bad, and i was hoping this did not turn into another alone in the dark, i just hope it doesn't worse reviews then that.

Once more into the fray.

Elite Member
    69% that's quite shocking, hopefully some other reviews will surface with better results. I'll still buy the game as I love the series but I'm not expecting another Silent Hill 3.

Master Sage
    Thanks for finding the link, hopefully it will still be enjoyable.

Once more into the fray.

Apprentice

I am praying that it is still good to go. I like the series and am willing to overlook some small flaws if the overall game is still "SH flavor". However, I get nervous when games are about to be released and there is practically no review to be found all over the net. Although to be fair, there are a ton of videos on the net showing game footage, the gameplay "seems" to be decent.

Elite Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    Thanks for finding the link, hopefully it will still be enjoyable.
    I dont think you should listen too much to that review, the reviewer is a silent hill fan and clearly doesnt like the new dev.
    Calculating Infinity

Forum Sage
    Not really surprised, Silent Hill Homecoming has always looked pretty mediocre and other than polishing the battlesystem, it didn't seem like they'd gotten to the same level as Silent Hill 1-3 .

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Harrow
    I am not too concerned. For one thing reviews are all over the place these days and most can't be trusted at all.

Secondly Silent Hill Origins got average reviews, despite being quite a technical accomplishment on the PSP. It stayed true to the SH formula and was better then 3 in some ways, yet it got average reviews at best. The gripes - it was too much like the other Silent Hill games, and the formula is getting stale.

Well what do they want? They stick to the formula - bad reviews. They try to change it up - bad reviews. There is no winning with these reviewers, so I find it best to ignore their opinons and scores for the most part.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    im aware this is offically out in the USA on the 30/9/08. next tuesday. but i cant find a european(uk) release? Anyone?
    i hope its not another alone in the dark. plus there haasnt been much news on it, i almost forgot about it

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Sage
    silent hill reviews have always been off the mark
    silent hill 2 even got a few 6's back in the day
    it's safe to say that word of mouth and fellow forum goers are the only way you'll find out whether Silent Hill Homecoming is worth the purchase
    and if you're a fan of Silent Hill games, it's worth trying despite any score it gets

6.9 sounds good to me for a silent hill game all the stuff she complained about in the review was lack of health items, weapons, and locked doors. Seriously "locked doors" i guess all the doors are supposed to open.

Silent Hill 2 and 3 didnt get that good of a review but they were fantastic games to the fan and new comers.

Anything from 6-8 is good for a SH game.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Byoushinn View Post
    silent hill reviews have always been off the mark
    silent hill 2 even got a few 6's back in the day
    it's safe to say that word of mouth and fellow forum goers are the only way you'll find out whether Silent Hill Homecoming is worth the purchase
    and if you're a fan of Silent Hill games, it's worth trying despite any score it gets
    I haven't played any of the previous games, i will be buying this no matter what the reviews say, i even bought Alone in the dark for the 360 even after reading the 3/10 review on a quite reliable Norwegian gaming site, and i thought it was spot on

I like to try the games my self.

Once more into the fray.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    I haven't played any of the previous games, i will be buying this no matter what the reviews say, i even bought Alone in the dark for the 360 even after reading the 3/10 review on a quite reliable Norwegian gaming site, and i thought it was spot on

I like to try the games my self.
    Should find and play the previous games they have amazing storyline even though SH 3 is a direct sequel of the original SH.

I dont think the past storyline will matter with Homecoming.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by two2-times View Post
    im aware this is offically out in the USA on the 30/9/08. next tuesday. but i cant find a european(uk) release? Anyone?
    i hope its not another alone in the dark. plus there haasnt been much news on it, i almost forgot about it

I'm not too certain on a UK date but I've heard November & December. I'm going to be importing the American one as I cannot wait to play a new survival horror game (I was gunna get Siren but I'm waiting for the disc release)

Pretty gutted about the respawning enemies, especially if ammo is at an all time low like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    I'm not too certain on a UK date but I've heard November & December. I'm going to be importing the American one as I cannot wait to play a new survival horror game (I was gunna get Siren but I'm waiting for the disc release)

Pretty gutted about the respawning enemies, especially if ammo is at an all time low like always.
    I wonder if that was exagerated, i remember enemies in previous SH games respawning

Thread Information