Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 31323 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Deadpool- View Post
    I've not really 'gotten' Zone mode yet, still can't figure out the air braking and stuff. Can't get better than Bronze for 20 levels in the Zone mode on Frenzy. All I do is grind walls and eventually blow up. Have to watch some videos or whatever, as I'm sure I'm just not 'getting' something in zone mode.
    Yeah, the air braking is definitely tricky. When your going slow, its alright if you accidentally hold it down too long. But when your fast, one mistake can remove a third of your energy bar. The best I've done is Zone 39. Of course, I'm a WipEout vet, so I kinda understand how to play a bit better than you guys would (hope it doesnt sound too showoff-y).

Sebenco is the hardest track IMO.. and yeah the AI seem to nail it constantly.
    Try it in speed lap. It should help you perfect the turns, and hit the boost pads.

This is the key for a lot of stuff I think. I'm seeing WipEout like Ferrari Challenge, or GT5P etc.. I'm sticking to racing lines and not thinking outside the box. Gotta get used to using the boost to get off the ground, get an extra barrel roll in etc.. tricky, but getting there
    The thing most people wont attempt is the barrel roll. You don't get much of a punishment if you do screw up. Though, working on your finger movements does help a lot. The boost should be used a lot of times to get enough air to get a barrel roll. I think the only track you cant is probably Moa Therma, since that roll is hard to nail. Even a small hill can give you enough air to roll.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    Yeah, the air braking is definitely tricky. When your going slow, its alright if you accidentally hold it down too long. But when your fast, one mistake can remove a third of your energy bar. The best I've done is Zone 39. Of course, I'm a WipEout vet, so I kinda understand how to play a bit better than you guys would (hope it doesnt sound too showoff-y).
    Well, I'd be more questioning if, as a WipEout vet, you weren't doing exceptionally well..

Yeah I haven't really come to terms with all that stuff and the management. Still teething really

Try it in speed lap. It should help you perfect the turns, and hit the boost pads.
    Will be doing that definitely. Boost pads I don't have too much trouble with, though I often blunder that section downhill through the tunnel area.. hard to nail those pads as you're hitting the sharp right-hander.

The thing most people wont attempt is the barrel roll. You don't get much of a punishment if you do screw up. Though, working on your finger movements does help a lot. The boost should be used a lot of times to get enough air to get a barrel roll. I think the only track you cant is probably Moa Therma, since that roll is hard to nail. Even a small hill can give you enough air to roll.
    Barrel rolls I was in on straight away. Got my 100 barrel roll Trophy very early on, was doing them everywhere, even when I knew I couldn't land them I'd try them Its these ones that aren't obvious - using boost on a hill to get an extra barrel roll in etc.. that's the boost to get good lap times and win events that I'm missing.

Tend to take the easy option and boost on the long straights when I should probably be using the boost on hills, getting an extra barrel roll in and a speed boost carried through to the straight..

AUSSIE RED FACTION: GUERRILLA CREW | AUSSIE GHOSTBUSTERS CREW

...There's never been a better time to be a gamer...

Red Herb Addict
    Does anyone know how many HUD variations there are to unlock? So far I have 2097 and Wip3out. Thanks.

Superior Member
    thats all there is XxwastedxX
    Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4404/lbj.gif

Red Herb Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by oneJ View Post
    thats all there is XxwastedxX
    Ok cool, thanks for that. Should be able to get me the Thanks for the Memory trophy then.

bruiser07
    is there any advantage to playing with the piloting help turned off? i've been mostly playing with it on and doing ok, but i tried it off today and i hit the walls a lot more (slowed me down). do you think you can go faster with it off (if you are good)?

Red Herb Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bruiser07 View Post
    is there any advantage to playing with the piloting help turned off? i've been mostly playing with it on and doing ok, but i tried it off today and i hit the walls a lot more (slowed me down). do you think you can go faster with it off (if you are good)?
    From what I've read you can go faster and get better lines with it off. Personally I have it turned off and have since the start. Im gonna have a race with it on tonight tho just to get the trophy. I cant believe its even an option to tell you the truth. Its something that a Wipeout game has never had.

Superior Member
    definately

alot of times it pushes you too far back from the wall and you miss boost pads and item pickup pads. very annoying when going for speed laps or time trials.

also if there are tight zig zag type turns, like right after the cave on Sebenco Climb, it just pushes you all over the place and youll end up just being flung in a direction you dont want to be going.

i think its good to have to get used to the game, but you will get faster times once you play a bit longer
    Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4404/lbj.gif

Elite Guru
    once you get to rapier and phantom you pretty much can't even play with it on. Assist on Phantom will justsend you bouncing off wall. Better to just play with it off, it's more fun anyways!

And i sur wish i could get the replay from my global record!!!

Master Poster
    Items Solid SnakeKonami
    I tried it at first after just downloading the game. But soon found out that it slows me down and its not really helping me out. Now that I got it turned off, I'm even better in corners and those thight bends, except on that Sol something map.

yea wipeout is beast i might buy it today

Superior Member
    I was so pissed playing this game today. One of those stages was so frustrating....chengo something. Anyways i kept on getting silver and after the 100th time i got silver i nearly hurled the controller across the room.

Then i thought of something. Went into single race at phantom speeds and holy hell! It felt like i was controlling a bee on steroids. After an hour, i went back to the campaign and what ya know i got gold at last.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand al Thor View Post
    I was so pissed playing this game today. One of those stages was so frustrating....chengo something. Anyways i kept on getting silver and after the 100th time i got silver i nearly hurled the controller across the room.

Then i thought of something. Went into single race at phantom speeds and holy hell! It felt like i was controlling a bee on steroids. After an hour, i went back to the campaign and what ya know i got gold at last.
    Haha, Chengou Project? Here's a trick I noticed no one uses while playing online. When you past the hairpin turn, get the boost pad. From there, barrel roll onto the first platform. Use that extra speed to perform yet another barrel roll onto the next portion of the track. It helps a lot.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand al Thor View Post

Phantom is pretty difficult at first, one mistake can send you slamming into wall after wall. And have fun with phantom on elite difficulty. Oh God, the horror. The ************* horror.....

Elite Guru
    Haha, Chengou Project? Here's a trick I noticed no one uses while playing online. When you past the hairpin turn, get the boost pad. From there, barrel roll onto the first platform. Use that extra speed to perform yet another barrel roll onto the next portion of the track. It helps a lot.
    I do that then use the pick up from the first platform to get some health back. We need to race some time, add me.

Deputydonx

sorry about the double post.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDon View Post
    I do that then use the pick up from the first platform to get some health back. We need to race some time, add me.

Deputydonx

sorry about the double post.
    Will do. I started adding Some guys from this thread, but I had to go the other day. I only got down Deadpool before we had to go. I'll just write down a couple names and do it today.

Elite Guru
    Will do. I started adding Some guys from this thread, but I had to go the other day. I only got down Deadpool before we had to go. I'll just write down a couple names and do it today.
    Just don't get over 50 or you'll be screwed haha. About 20 people have just added me while playing online which is weird, most people dont usually that, but it's always the ones i go neck and neck with for an entire tournament. Fun times.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDon View Post
    Just don't get over 50 or you'll be screwed haha. About 20 people have just added me while playing online which is weird, most people dont usually that, but it's always the ones i go neck and neck with for an entire tournament. Fun times.
    Heh, I just want the 50th Zone trophy. I couldnt care less for the 75 one. I know I'll never reach it .

No one from WipEout has added me yet . I usually play on the lower classes (Venom and Flash) since they are the most available. I'm way ahead of the pack a lot of times, so people don't even see me finish, nor lay my traps at the finish line to slow them down even further!

Forum Sage
    I'm trying so hard to 'beat Zico' on Anulpha Pass with the Piranha. I'm absolutely determined to get gold on this one. Unfortunately my best so far is 31.94, a whopping 1 second away from the target. I think if I pull off all the barrel rolls properly, I may just be able to go sub 31 seconds.
    *Cries*

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Tekken Elder
    Does anyone know why the hell the records NEVER update...? It should be fixed by now!

And Svetlana i got 31.17 on Zico...its driving me crazy.
    The NID syndrome, LMAO indeed:
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO

Elite Member
    You should try zone mode on Anulpha Pass, it's the easiest track in the game in my opinion. I managed over 100K in points and got up to zone 47, at Super Zen speed, but then I blinked and died

Going back over previous Campaign levels now, trying for those golds. I completed Frenzy earlier, but whichever one is next has a couple of tricky races, a time trial and a speed lap (I think), that I've only managed silver on...

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana View Post
    I'm trying so hard to 'beat Zico' on Anulpha Pass with the Piranha. I'm absolutely determined to get gold on this one. Unfortunately my best so far is 31.94, a whopping 1 second away from the target. I think if I pull off all the barrel rolls properly, I may just be able to go sub 31 seconds.
    *Cries*
    The barrel roll that you have to do right before you land on the narrow platform is so difficult to pull off. I had to throw that one down there on my Anulpha pass lap record on phantom so lining up made it even hard to do. I haven't even tried to beat the zico time. Is it really that hard?

Dedicated Member
    As it stands right now, I can't even imagine trying these tracks at higher speeds. Time Trials and fastest lap events are making me pull my hair out (and I shave my head...).

Forum Sage
    The 'Beat Zico' challenge certainly separates the wheat from the chaff. Everybody's trying to do it. I've already done three 99 lap sessions just trying to get close to that elusive target.

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkman88 View Post
    You should try zone mode on Anulpha Pass, it's the easiest track in the game in my opinion. I managed over 100K in points and got up to zone 47, at Super Zen speed, but then I blinked and died

Going back over previous Campaign levels now, trying for those golds. I completed Frenzy earlier, but whichever one is next has a couple of tricky races, a time trial and a speed lap (I think), that I've only managed silver on...
    Really? I found it all doable up till Head Rush. Some of them took quite a few tries to master, but they werent that hard.

Thread Information