Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Urban Ethnic
    PSN ID
    bfd_josh
    haha, the title made me lol, then so did the picture, kudos for sony on this
    PSN - BFD_JOSH

Supreme Veteran
    Maybe an actual TV ad would make more sense of this than just a picture, maybe it would explain the bad photoshopping

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I'd say it's at least good art. Aside from the shadow input, I don't get your comments, honestly. The perspective of all four people are sensible enough. Vanishing point dictates that objects further into the background sit with a flatter focal point. Thus, the girl's man-feet are rightfully seen from an overhead view while each more-distant person has a succeedingly more leveled view.
    It's a interesting concept, that's it. As art, it's just crap. You would see regular highschool kids make these mistakes, not any kind of freaking professional.

The girl stands parallel to our perspective. The ground is not, it is seen from a slightly elevated position. The legs of the bodies are viewed from an even higher elevated position so we can see into them. Yet they are all treated as being on the same plane, with the same vanishing point and viewing angle. Does. Not. Work.

The shoes aren't parallel to the ground. If you attempt to make the fat bodies look parallel to the ground it appears as if they are almost falling forward. The girl looks like she is standing behind the bodies, rather than in the middle of them.

Anyway, given that the subject matter is as uncanny as the obscure lighting, the composition works for me. It's a really strange picture to me, but I at least find it functional in execution. Though I suppose we will all have different opinions.
    The lighting isn't obscure. There are clearly multiple suns hovering about that decide to shine on some things but not the others

I could go on and on but basically, it's an optical abomination. Whoever designed it is either a complete and total amateur or has no experience dealing with perspective, lighting and shadows. Never went to any kind of art school either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gta0004
    I would never have figured out the message in a million years.

Elite Sage

WTF.

I thought the really crazy ad guy left to go do vodka ads.

Maybe he's selling to the new guys?

Master Poster
    Aren't those the execs from over there at Microsoft? lol... j/k

Quote Originally Posted by kokoriet View Post
    It's a interesting concept, that's it. As art, it's just crap. You would see regular highschool kids make these mistakes, not any kind of freaking professional.

The girl stands parallel to our perspective. The ground is not, it is seen from a slightly elevated position. The legs of the bodies are viewed from an even higher elevated position so we can see into them. Yet they are all treated as being on the same plane, with the same vanishing point and viewing angle. Does. Not. Work.

The shoes aren't parallel to the ground. If you attempt to make the fat bodies look parallel to the ground it appears as if they are almost falling forward. The girl looks like she is standing behind the bodies, rather than in the middle of them.

The lighting isn't obscure. There are clearly multiple suns hovering about that decide to shine on some things but not the others

I could go on and on but basically, it's an optical abomination. Whoever designed it is either a complete and total amateur or has no experience dealing with perspective, lighting and shadows. Never went to any kind of art school either.
    I don't think the idea is to be a scientifically accurate image, because that's not really possible.. the idea is so that you can see the layers of skin, and so they had to do it that way... who cares about the rest, it's not the point of the work.
    Nos Locos kick your ***, Nos Locos kick your face, Nos Locos kick your balls into outer space!

Master Poster
    sorry, this is a double post (can't delete?)
    Nos Locos kick your ***, Nos Locos kick your face, Nos Locos kick your balls into outer space!

Forum Elder
    Its weird but i like it , it has sDme :arrowriginality that thers dnt

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I like the weird ads. It doesn't hurt to do something different, if it's done well. And i believe they do.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Dedicated Member
    Items PlayStation
    maybe it's just me, but I honestly didn't see the big deal wit the ad.
    PSN ID - DweetRight

Superior Member
    Layers? I thought it was some sort of message saying it might be getting slimmer.

The ads are always wierd as **** though. I love em, but WTF!?!

Sig by THUGGEDOUT

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    zomg, triple layer Blu rays!

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    zomg, triple layer Blu rays!
    Kojima's prayers have been answered. MGS5 75Gb filled.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Master Sage
    Did anyone else realise she isnt wearing a bra? Thats about the only thing i got out of the add before reading what it actully meant. If you dont undertsand your probably not old enough to understand.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrnagy88 View Post
    the idea is ...
    I'm NOT attacking the idea. It's a nice idea. I'm attacking the execution.

I don't think the idea is to be a scientifically accurate image, because that's not really possible..
    Any average photoshopper or artist could have done a better job than whatever fool created this :sleep:

It's like a piss poor game full of fatal bugs, a terribly told story, a joke missing it's punchline.

Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I like the weird ads. It doesn't hurt to do something different, if it's done well. And i believe they do.
    Making your product look cold and unfriendly really makes people want to buy it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    That pic says to me
    "Hey, the PS3 may be bulky, but underneath that curvy and shiny and dusty exterior there's a sexy beast ready to be unleashed!"

I actually like that ad! ;D

PS3 Slim 320GB (250GB SKU) R.I.P Launch 60GB ;_;

PSN: Asseroth

Superior Member
    haha i didnt get it but since the perso explained it i get it n tis pretty damn gd!
    PSN: whitebearlove

Playing Bioshock 2 and Resistance 2 at the moment!

Ultimate Veteran
    I like these freaky sony PS3 tv commercals they are awesome...

Apprentice
    Is that Gabe Newel from Valve on the floor? :P

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    the whole point of advertising is to get you thinking and and talking about the advert. this thread has proved that it is working as it is now on about 70+ posts. adverts do not have to be a direct sell, its more of a subconscious thing.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Master Poster
    Yeah, saw this piece of ad. I really don't know what kind of pills Sony has been downing while thinking about the way of advertising their VIDEOGAME-CONSOLE... Yeah, that picture's supposed to advertise one.
    "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

Apprentice
    There is nothing wierd about this ad, it is promoting a pretty simple common theme of "you don't have to be a fat nerd to be playing game". What is all the fuss about? I could of came up with a better ad then this idiot. Sony must be on crack to have hired this fool.
    Just keep on moaning...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by w_axon View Post
    There is nothing wierd about this ad, it is promoting a pretty simple common theme of "you don't have to be a fat nerd to be playing game". What is all the fuss about? I could of came up with a better ad then this idiot. Sony must be on crack to have hired this fool.
    Though I can definitely appreciate the opinions of others I do have to ask, not just of you, but of anyone really, why all the hate?

Why is this guy an idiot? A fool? I'm confused as to the directing of anger toward someone we know nothing about and have nothing against besides the fact that he made an ad.

justintheman99
    This is a rather odd approach to advertise a game console. If it didn't say "Playstation 3" on the ad how would we even know what this ad was for? For that simple reason alone I don't find this ad very effective at all.

Thread Information