Page 487 of 487 FirstFirst ... 477487
Results 12,151 to 12,157 of 12157
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    They do actually bro. You have no idea how often muslims think we're "khawaridj" or extremist muslims connected to Islamic terror groups, mostly ISIS, over here in Sweden, just because we dress like muslims, and because many of my brothers have proper muslim beards. It's a shame.

And trust me, many westeners are prejudice when it comes to Islam, and appearing Islamic. TRUST ME. That's not to say all westeners are like that, many westeners are good people. Once our mosque got attacked by anti-Islamists with a molotov $#@!tail, and the next day hundreds of swedish people gathered to put hearts and messages on the mosque entrance doors
    I'm sorry to say, Kung, but Muslims have to let go of their beards for the time being if they don't want their looks to spur doubt and fear. Blame the extremist. What you need is for nations to collaboratly and publicly accept Muslim culture, but the way ISIS are going at, in Tunisia now as well.. It doesn't seem likely.

I can say this because I've got many of the same looks and questions (there being a lot of cases with blond Norwegians heading down and joining the organization) about my own facial hair.

Sonata Dusk
    ^^ It's unfortunate anyone would need to change how they look to avoid ignorant people and their prejudice. That's definitely not the way it should be.

Where I live Middle Eastern people (or anyone who looks Middle Eastern) are well accepted. I see a lot of of people from around the world at my college and they're all about as friendly as anyone else.

3. Likes Omar likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    I'm sorry to say, Kung, but Muslims have to let go of their beards for the time being if they don't want their looks to spur doubt and fear. Blame the extremist. What you need is for nations to collaboratly and publicly accept Muslim culture, but the way ISIS are going at, in Tunisia now as well.. It doesn't seem likely.

I can say this because I've got many of the same looks and questions (there being a lot of cases with blond Norwegians heading down and joining the organization) about my own facial hair.
    I can't speak for myself since I don't yet have a proper muslim beard (it has to be atleast as long as a fist from the chin in length), but my I'm pretty sure my Muslim friends aren't going to stop practicing their religion, or limit their practice, just so people won't look and be prejudice. Our religion matters more to most of us than people looking at us and being prejudice.

But I know what you mean. Muslim beards are actually a fad nowadays, so if anything it actually makes it EASIER to have a muslim beard, since people think it's just fashion now instead, rather than a connection to a religion (usually Islam, since most Christians barely follow the Bible nowadays, seeing as how it says in the Bible you should have a beard).

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Lol there is no word or rule in Islam about breads, Muslims are doing it because Hz. Muhammed also had done and that is all. And Kung, if I understood correctly , you used word 'muslim' as a nation but it is actually means a follower or Islam.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Lol there is no word or rule in Islam about breads, Muslims are doing it because Hz. Muhammed also had done and that is all. And Kung, if I understood correctly , you used word 'muslim' as a nation but it is actually means a follower or Islam.
    No my friend, I didn't. I mean muslims as in, if a person considers him or herself a muslim, then he's a muslim in my eyes. Now wheather this muslim is a practicing muslim or not, that's a different story. And I'm not a ulema (elder scholar), so I can't do taqfir (say someone is muslim or not).

And in fact any muslim who considers himself a follower of Ahlul Sunnah W'al Jama'ah, commonly "Sunni" (which is like 80% or more of the worldwide muslim population), can't say that there is no ruling on having a beard in Islam. It's obligatory Sunnah, as mentioned in Sahih Bukhari. But if you're not a Sunni muslim, then that's also a different story.

Also, you think it's a coincidence that even the Bible says beards are obligatory? Christianity originally came from the same origin as Islam. The same God.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 3 Days Ago at 18:47.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    We're not turning this into a religious thread. Get back on topic, please. You can take this conversation to PM if you like or start a new thread about this specific topic.

"Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Sorry about that. It's easy to get carried away with a passionate subject

Thread Information