Thread: Yakuza for PS2!

Yakuza for PS2!

This game gonna come out this year and looks mad good. It looks like this japanese beat em up GTA style game.

They got videos of the gameplay at gamespot and its only coming out for PS2, this is PS2 graphics!

Not as good like a 360 game but pretty damn good for PS2.

AlexPallas
    i was hoping for something more epic. they should have let miike direct the game

Elite Member

i never heard of this game....whats is it??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    At least its a Chevy and at least it's an American vehicle!

Elite Member

It's in the game title, Yakuza, i found some more screenshots, you can probably find more news and stuff on gamespot
    Those graphics don't look anything special though, i doubt this game will be that popular

| R:FOM | Motorstorm | Warhawk | Assassin's Creed | COD 4 | Burnout Paradise | GT5:P | GTA IV | MGS4 | LBP | Midnight Club: LA |

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexPallas
    i was hoping for something more epic. they should have let miike direct the game
    If they let Miike-san direct the game I don't think it'll ever be released...

Now an Audition game on the other hand could be quite the psycho thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Turnip
    It's in the game title, Yakuza, i found some more screenshots, you can probably find more news and stuff on gamespot
    Those graphics don't look anything special though, i doubt this game will be that popular
    Dude look at how many characters are on screen at once, thats pretty impresive.

Elite Member

Loads of games have that much, if not more characters on the screen, GTA has a fair amount, and Driver Parallel lines is a huge amount.
    But i spose you've got a point, the characters look like they're doing stuff aswell, one of them's even on the phone lol... i think that's a phone anyway

| R:FOM | Motorstorm | Warhawk | Assassin's Creed | COD 4 | Burnout Paradise | GT5:P | GTA IV | MGS4 | LBP | Midnight Club: LA |

Apprentice

the highlight of the game is its story. its been written by a famous novelist so in my opinion they should take their time or even hire a pofessional writer like Neil Gaiman to do the job.
    from what i've heard of the people who've played the game they say the story and the gameplay are really awesome. the only thing it lacked was the scale availabe in GTA and replay value. so i think this game should be played for what it is rather than compare it to GTA or Shenmue.
    also there are rumours of a sequel on the PS3 so i take the game did farily well in Japan.
    'You didn't just see two men go through upside down on a broomstick, shouting and screaming at each other, did you?'
    The boy looked at him levelly. 'Certainly not,' he said.
    The old man heaved a sigh of relief. 'Thank goodness for that,' he said. 'Neither did I.' Terry Pratchett ( Discworld)

Master Poster
    Looks like a shenmue game with better graphics IMO.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by dartali
    also there are rumours of a sequel on the PS3 so i take the game did farily well in Japan.
    Well it got rated higher than shenmue(1, 2) by gaming magazines, and it got an award before it was even released(the award sticker was on the JP demo disc).

Im sure its a great game, its like a mix of shenmue and GTA.

I don't know about the game. Never heard of it before. Have anyone tried this game before?? If you do i wanna hear a review from you. Hope it's good.

Forum Elder
    You Tube has a new trailer available, so far this game looks great, i would even buy it (even thoug i dont really like GTA-eske games), so far looks like this game has a lot of thing in common with Shemmue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRZsMiej1vM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Studios come and go, but good games last forever"

afi
    http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpage...8.asp?q=yakuza

A pretty good score don't you think. The same score as prince of persia:The 2 thrones.
    From what i've heard,the gameplay rocks!

Ahead of the Game
    Sleeper hit right here. This > GTA as according to previews/jap' game opinions. But it doesn't have the brandname and marketing power to compete unfortunately.

Master Guru
    people should be praising this game instead of the stupid Saint's Row. ya I said it so what , it had to be said.

I just hope Aquanox doesn't hear me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member

Looks like another bad GTA clone, which even by the standards of the PS2 look bad.
    In fact I've noticed that the graphics of PS2 games are really coming down later.

Master Guru
    When I saw those screens I was thinking Grand Theft Auto: Tokyo. Definitely won't be picking up this game, not because it's a GTA clone, but because I'm not a fan of GTA anymore.

afi
    I think most of you think that this game is a clone of gta. From the reviews i've read,they say it's nowhere near to gta. It's more towards shenmue.

the reviews -->> http://rr.ps2.ign.com/rr/764502/041/041066.html

http://boards.ign.com/ryu_ga_gotoku/...9749265/p1/?10

Forum Sage

[LIVE]Red Faction: Guerrilla passes 1 million units sold

THQ head Brain Farrell revealed during the company’s Q1 earnings call this week that Red Faction: Guerrilla has shifted one million copies since its launch in June 2009.

Farrell highlighted the game as a solid example of THQ’s on-going commitment to producing quality products, with the company’s recent offerings racking up a Metacritic average of 84 percent. By comparison, the previous year saw an average of 80 percent.

PSU was rather impressed with the title to say the least, and it eventually scooped up our award for Game of the Month June 2009.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2009/07/28/red-fac ... nits-sold/
    *Kiss My X Box Flavoured Ass*

Thread Information