Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

GOD of WAR ( god mode ) - kratos clones fight

i need some help here.. i am playing this game in god mode difficulty and the kratos clones fight is really hard.. if anyone of you can give me some hints to win this battle i will be extremelly appreciated.. i already tried different combos: square, square ( hold ) and square, square, triangle but i always die.. i also have rage of the gods full before the battle.. after killing ares for the 1st time my magic meter is almost full, life bar full..

help anyone??

edit: i collected 2 muse keys during the game but i don't used them.. what are they for?

Add me in PSN if you're from here. PSN ID: cmaranhao

Elite Guru

Re: GOD of WAR ( god mode ) - kratos clones fight

Quote Originally Posted by ebony & ivory
    i need some help here.. i am playing this game in god mode difficulty and the kratos clones fight is really hard.. if anyone of you can give me some hints to win this battle i will be extremelly appreciated.. i already tried different combos: square, square ( hold ) and square, square, triangle but i always die.. i also have rage of the gods full before the battle.. after killing ares for the 1st time my magic meter is almost full, life bar full..

help anyone??

edit: i collected 2 muse keys during the game but i don't used them.. what are they for?

The two muse keys were suppose to be used before you got pandora's box. In the big rotating room there is a short hallway with steps and goldish door at the top with two indentations. The keys go there. Inside you get a like.. 5 bars of Red Orbs, Upgraded Health, and Upgraded Magic.

As for the fight, not sure what to say I didn't play it on God Mode yet, didn't really think it was worth it, seeing as how you unlock all but one thing on hard, and God mode you have to block through most of the game and it gets old...

Dedicated Member
    Yeah you should of used the Muse Keys earlier on in the game, but wouldn't worry about it now because you are pretty close to the end. I know some people have beaten it on god mode on this forum so help should arrive fairly soon. I would just try different combos and try using different magic attacks. I would think you would eventually stumble upon a pretty solid strategy, but yeah these forums always help

Sorry I wasn't much of a help, but someone with some pretty good information will probably post soon or you can check the other "God of War Help" threads. I'm sure you could find something useful in there.

50" 1080p Panasonic Plasma-Bose Home Theater-60gb PS3-Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank, Assassins Creed-7 BDs
    Wanted List: Killzone 2, Haze, Uncharted, Folklore, Devil May Cry 4
    Sig made by Killzone_71

Forum Elder
    man, i need the extra mana and extra health.. i tried again the clone fight today and i eventually got closer to win but everytime i try something happens.. my magic runs out too soon, my life bar drops too fast or they kill kratos family.. i will keep trying, if i win this i will be very happy, this is very hard ( i beaten devil may cry in dante must die, this game is even harder thans gow so i must beat it )

anyway, thanks for the tips, the next time i play this game i know what to do with the muse keys.

Yeah I dont know how much help I can be I sware I think I got through it by pure luck. O and have fun with the Final Ares. HAHAHAH Yeah you think that part is hard.

But, All I am gonna say is once the island starts to fall apart. Shoot um in the air(HOLD TRANGLE or BLOCK and X) and they have a goot change of falling off. If you get it right a whole bunch will go at once. And as you have gotten that far I would say you should already know L1 is your best friend on God Mode. O yeah umm if you have Army of Hades like at second and third levels it is probably the best magic attack to help you. UMM O and with the big sword(I am presuming it is all teh way leveled up) there is a button that launches people it could still be TRIANGLE, but honestly I forget. I just started a new God Mode so it has been alittle while since I have gotten to use my big friend.

All I can say is God Mode final bosses are tough and that part is really hard cuz most of God Mode I find is patence, but with that part it is time limited which just kills the whole take it one at a time stratagy. I would be surprised if anyone who gets through God Mode to the end could say they had the prefect stratagy all the way through. BUT I am not the greatest video gamer by far so who knows. Sorry I cant be of more help. But seroiously try and get a whole bunch and through um off. Killing um one by one will kill your family to quickly. And when I play my God Mode games I explore like hell. There are SOOOO many hidden orbs and Gorgons Eyes and Majic Feathers. They help when you get to the end. Anyways, good luck my friend, let it consume you for a couple days and you will get to the end. There are not many more fufilling moments then when you get thuoght that thing on God Mode. Plus some cool little extras

Forum Elder
    i did it, just did an hour ago or so.. i am Mr. Ebony & Ivory from now on. just kidding.. anyway, i tried so many strategies that i eventually found one that fitted my style the best.. square square triangle and lots of magic.. all of them mixed with a bit of luck ( which i searched with my 50 tries or so )

i unlocked a movie.. i still have one movie to unlock ( is it from hard mode ? )

and the challenge of the gods too ( i tried but i am tired right now, i need some rest )

devil may cry is harder than this game, way harder!

I know this is a little late but after you ge t Pandoras Box from the top of the tower can you go back down and use the muse keys?

I wouldn't think so beacuse i don't think you can rotate the rings again correct?

PSN: ProudWarrior add me!
    Owner of 60 gig
    Games: R: FoM, CoD3, Oblivion, Rainbow Six Vegas, WarHawk

Forum Elder
    i haven't tried the muse keys, when you guys told me they could be used i was already at the final boss.. anyway, i completed the game in god mode even without the prizes from the muse keys.. the next time i'll play this game i will open the muse "doors"

Apprentice
    When your at the town square in athens in the top left coner therer are these boxes that are surronded by a fence and what looks to be a rope right by them i tried for a good 30 mins to get to these things but i just i just couldnt find a way does ne body know how to get to these things
    Those who are willing to give up Liberty for Security derserve neither Liberty nor Security

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by DOMAINofPAIN
    When your at the town square in athens in the top left coner therer are these boxes that are surronded by a fence and what looks to be a rope right by them i tried for a good 30 mins to get to these things but i just i just couldnt find a way does ne body know how to get to these things
    i don't know what you are talking about but i can give you a boost.. here you go, you have a walkthrough for this game.. try to read it, it should help you.. anyway, reading these things spoils some of the experience but that is up to you to decide if you use it or not.

god of war walkthrough:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...d_of_war_a.txt

You need to use the purple sword. That all I remember.

Apprentice

Yeah they bothered me too at first, but what you have to do is this, you can't get them the first time you pass through the town square, ie when you fought the big cyclops things, when you come back the second time by going over a small balance pole accross the top, that has a ladder down to the floor of the town square (you'll know what I mean when I you get there) you will go accross the beam to the left and above the chest you want, you then have to double jump out and back towards where you just game from, so you are hanging off the ledge you were just standing on, then shimmy accross to the right, and jump off into the bit with the chests, and there you go.

Tribunal
    On god mod during the Clone Fight I just kept jumping in the air and pressing O. Not holding it though, I did it as fast as possible.

Forum Elder
    I just bought this game yesterday along with the original DMC because everyone here recommends these titles.

All I have to say is: WOW. The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is awesome, and the story is great. I am a die hard Prince of Persia fan, but sorry, GOW makes that game look like manure. They totally out did themselves.

How long did it take you guys to find the 3 sirens in the desert?

Help:
    Remember the part of the game where there is 2 levers that open a gate? Also in that room is the saws that move horizontally and veritcally. I don't know if I'm not quick enough but is there an easier way to keep the bars open besides just being fast?

The Marvelous One
    I took about 5 minutes to find the Sirens in the desert. I just listened for their music.

And I don't realy remeber that part....

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vercetti View Post
    I just bought this game yesterday along with the original DMC because everyone here recommends these titles.

All I have to say is: WOW. The graphics are beautiful, gameplay is awesome, and the story is great. I am a die hard Prince of Persia fan, but sorry, GOW makes that game look like manure. They totally out did themselves.

How long did it take you guys to find the 3 sirens in the desert?

Help:
    Remember the part of the game where there is 2 levers that open a gate? Also in that room is the saws that move horizontally and veritcally. I don't know if I'm not quick enough but is there an easier way to keep the bars open besides just being fast?

Well on my first try about 10 minutes since i wanderd around the whole dessert first instead of just going straight where the sirens were kind of, then I found two but couldnt find the last one so I restarted. Then i tried again and found all of them in about 5 minutes also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    At least its a Chevy and at least it's an American vehicle!

Forum Elder
    The part I'm referring to is after you get Zues' and Hades' shields to open the door (also after you pick up the atlas and then you backtrack to this room--->). Then there is this huge room with saws going up and down with 2 levers that open a barred door. One lever moves the bars going across, and one bar moves the bars going up and down. My problem is that one set of bars closes before I can get across. Is there any way to keep them open?

Forum Elder
    you have to be quick and open both bars..after that the door will stay open.. just make a diagonal from one lever to the other, keep jumping and you will be fine.

the first lever to be activated (i think it might be easier this way ) is the one located in the back of the room (the one where you can see the majority of the room and almost all the blades).

like i said, just try to figure the pattern of the blades, push the lever in the back, then run in a diagonal and keep double jumping..

Forum Elder
    I finally got through it......You know it's not that hard it's just that my timing was off. The first dog encounter took me forever to beat. After a few tries, I came up with a strategy to freeze and kill them right away. That worked really well. I'm currently at the part where you get the Trident and you learn how to swim. Man, this game keeps getting better and better.

How did you use your orbs? I'm saving up a lot to get the big blue sword to level 3.

The Marvelous One
    I used the orbs to level us Poisidens rage and Blades of Chaos. I highly reccomend you upgrade the Poisidens rage. You'll need it later. It's a life saver.

Forum Elder
    Oh I know, I was in a jam when I was surrounded by enemies and I gave them a few bolts to knock them back.

The Marvelous One
    It's especially good when you get it leveled up all the way.

[reveal]While doing it, you can press O as fast as you can, and it increases the damage it does. ownage.[/reveal]

Veteran
    I'm doing god mode and i can't kill the sirens without their minatour things killing me with that long range attack of theirs i hate it. You know the one where they slam their hammer on the ground and that blue shock wave hits you thats impossible to block. Is there some easier way?

Forum Elder
    Roll out of the path of the wave with the analog stick, or jump.

I'm stuck in the stupid maze! The door says "Hades won't let you through until everyone is killed in the maze". The only problem is that I've killed everybody! I searched every crack and corner and got so desperate that I even started to try busting through every wall.

The Marvelous One
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercetti View Post
    Roll out of the path of the wave with the analog stick, or jump.

I'm stuck in the stupid maze! The door says "Hades won't let you through until everyone is killed in the maze". The only problem is that I've killed everybody! I searched every crack and corner and got so desperate that I even started to try busting through every wall.
    It's been a minute, but is that the place where there's a column at the end that moves back and forth? If so, there's a little passage that is blocked by the sliding cloumn, so when it goes all the way out, go into the little slot and kill the few enemies in there.

I don't know, it's been a minute since I've played it. I might need to play it soon

Thread Information