Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylee View Post
    how experience will make future games better? feedback.

if people dont buy the game, they see what gamers didnt agree with and fix it for what ever else they work on or perhaps scrape the ideas, or the work entirely (case in point, alone in the dark). now from those that bought a game and gave justified critiques, they listen. most developers always wish they had a bit more time to get something else added, but couldnt due to time, or wish they didnt have to remove something.

ill give a classic example resident evil.

very bad voice acting in the first game, 2nd game was a whole lot better in that department no? also the story was a bit more fleshed out and the game was given a broader scope in terms of story, atmosphere and environments.

it took a while to get resident evil 4, which is inherently a departure of the "biohazard" roots. theres no arguing though that the game did more for the franchise both financially and gaming wise than any other before it. fact of the matter is, capcom made several resident evil games for the gamecube before unleashing 4, and each iteration proved to be just a slight bit better than the last in just about every aspect.
    your example has absolutely nothing to do with how developing on one platform will automatically result in "better games".

Yes, experience helps aid in creating better games, but with your example, one could develop on PS2, and apply what he/she learned on another system. If I had ****ty voice acting on a game released on the original xbox, creating a better game of that franchise is not contingent on working on the original xbox. Same goes for almost every single aspect of game design with very few exceptions.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by durden26 View Post
    The game is pretty and the cinemas are amazing but the fact that they saw fit to release this game without a jump button makes this game an epic fail no matter how many people bought it.
    Because a jump button makes the game!

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I agree with the OP, i can't put my finger on exactly what it is though, it's basically every thing from the slick menu designs and the product quality, that is one of the main reasons i prefer my PS3 over my 360 these days.

But like the OP said.... i can't really explain what it is.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Apprentice
    I think they both have strength and weaknesses.

I still take XBL over PSN any day of the week. But for single player games...I don't think the PS3 can be beat. FPS's I prefer on 360.
    Mainstream rap is a LIE.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    its called QUALITY!...and good programming...and maybe sony not breathing down there necks to meet a deadline

Forum Guru
    True...i can't really explain it too..but i just prefer the PS3 somehow....

MGS4 = char models sick, graphics very good(i admit uncharted and some others are better), soundtrack freaking awesome and the gameplay has the best next-gen gameplay i had ever played. In this whole package makes MGS4 stand out in all games, not only just in all PS3 games, but in all 360 games as well. The quality in MGS4 is just....amazing. Kojima has set the bar too high this time. =X
    PSN and XBL ID: EspadaKiller

Steam ID: god_of_shawn

My blog: www.espadakiller.wordpress.com Follow me @twitter as well!

Ehm, I think it's a placebo effect you're experiencing.

Dedicated Member
    The best example is MGS4. Some people will jump on me but it cant take the crown for bets looking game cus of one reason: Its INCONSISTENT. A LOT of areas in the game are just MGS3 HD. If I was a game designer(Kojima) I would took the South American level and Europe level out and made just cut scenes of that areas for the story. I would put all those reasources in making the Middle east area better.

By the looks of the game they have "directed" their rasources. Just look at the Shadow Moses and last act and how good it looks and compare it to South America and Europe. Textures are way better.

But one thing that takes the crown on all platforms(including high end PCs) is Snake. There is simply no character that looks this good. In cut scenes it looks like freakin CGI!!! While in game I offten stand close to the walls and turn the camera so I can admire the model and its exactly the same as in cut scene. Freaking crazy if you ask me. Or lie down and look from FPS view at his hands. Talk about the detail. And in Shadow Moses the one thing that struct me the most is how frost is forming on his suite and MKIII. Its unbelievable.

Kojima admited they have made mistakes and I cant stop but wonder how good they could make the next MGS. I bet we will see it.
    "Find yourself first and then your tool, find yourself first dont you be no fool..."
    "I said find yourself first and then your talent, work hard in your mind so you can come alive..."

Forum Elder
    The PS3 has had way too many high profile duds (Heavenly Sword, Lair, UT3, Haze to name a few). Warhawk, MGS4, and to a lesser extent Uncharted are some of the few exclusives that have been standouts. If Sony doesn't step up this holiday and beyond and bring AAA games I don't hold out much hope for PS3's future. Hopefully we see some results soon because even though there are a lot of games I'm excited about the only can't miss is Little Big Planet IMHO.
    Little Big Planet says hi.. Have you noticed the attention this one beta is getting. Im in it, the hype is real. If you want me to name some more AAA coming I will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    I agree with you ........ It's just something about the ps3

I LOVE MY PS3

Elite Member

there is a certain quality to it, so much so that i traded my 360 in for more PS3 games. i can't believe that anyone thinks that MGS4 doesn't look spectacular from start to finish. uncharted looks amazing but there is just something about MGS4 that is unreal. the battleship that is rendered in real time towards the end of the game has to be one of the biggest breath taking graphical moments in my gaming history. and if the ship itself wasn't amazing enough Kojima goes and throws in all of these rays attacking it! phenomenal. the effects in uncharted and the vistas were stunning.

even though Resistance 1 was kind of bland in it's color scheme and the texture work wasn't the best go back and look for polys in that game. they really cleaned that game up. the titans where really the only character models that didn't fit into the game because the poly models were made of lower poly counts. the game didn't look phenomenal or anything but when people say it looked like a PS2 game i want to smash something. then Insomniac churned out Ratchet FToD and it had great texture work, it had high poly counts everywhere, and it had things taking place all over on the screen.

the detail in the GT series cars is sick as well and the texture work on the cars makes them look photorealistic.

i think there is a lot of potential left in the system and i can't wait to see what they are churning out at the end of this generations gaming cycle on this machine.

Forum Elder
    It's a feeling

I understand what the OP says
    something about the game gives

Certain games do that to me

The Gran Turismo does it for me
    from the menus to the (as I call it) Elevator music
    Nothing loud or exciting just something to set the mood right while you race

There are others but this is one of the top of my head

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I think the 360 is better for FPS (as I am used to that controller as it's not too small for my hands)

But I will take the PS3 over the 360 for any other game.

Dedicated Member
    someone please explain why the ps3 games always seem darker on multi platform games. On rb6:V2 I had to turn the brightness up a LOT to get it even visable on calypso

Elite Member

they output colors differently. you can adjust your settings and your ps3 to get them to look almost identical from what i have heard. i haven't had any problems with my games being to dark so it doesn't bother me.

Elite Member
    Yea, PS3 exlcusive sseem to a be a higher quality.

Multiplayform games also seem to be equal as well
    PSN - SillyHatMafia

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Read my post BEFORE you respond to me jackhole. I stated that LBP was the only exclusive that is a can't miss hit. I would put Resistance 2 on that list but I'm afraid it will be a jack of all and master of none. There is a reason that my friends list is still full of people playing CoD4. It's a lack of quality games. Only a fanboy would say otherwise. My point is that I hope this holiday gives me a pile of amazing games so I don't have to rely on blu-rays for my PS3 entertainment.
    uhh if you only own a ps3, then you have dead space, NFS:underground, Midnight club:LA, farcry2, motorstorm2, LBP, cod5:WAW and some that am probably forgetting to keep you busy....now if none of those games are up to your standards, then you might as well give up on gaming!

i know most of those games are also coming out for the 360, thats why i said if you only own a ps3

Ultimate Veteran
    both consoles have there great games and both consoles have there bad games...
    i think both consoles are awesome

Elite Sage
    I've removed three posts from this thread. I warned earlier to keep the thread clean, if you guys are persistent in leading this thread into PS3 vs 360 it will just be closed. You've been warned.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Yes, the PS3 is a very high quality system with top of the line games.

One question. Why do you seem scared to say something good about the PS3?

This is a PS3 site for PS3 fans. It's ok to say something good about it.
    I think he's just being objective. To be honest, there are some marvelous looking games for the 360 and PS3 but there is a quality to some of the PS3's games that you can't get on the 360 and vice versa. I'll cite Test Drive: Unlimited and Gran Tourismo 5: Prologue as two such games. There is not one arcade racer on the PS3 that has matched Test Drive: Unlimited for the 360 and not one racing simulator on the 360 that has topped Gran Tourismo 5: Prologue for the PS3. It's just the way it is. Just my opinion on the whole thing!

Superior Member
    Quality is PS3's Middle name,

its really called Sony "Quality" Playstation

and people can say what they will about lack of games, but me, im struggling to keep up with PS3 games im wanting to buy, and with 40 new games over the festive period announched at TGS, i think you would hardly find any PS3 gamer who isn't running out of money before PS3 is running out of games. Its just building steam \o/

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Skinnyjr
    I think the thing is the PS3 have the overall. The X360 will always have better texture then the PS3 but every other aspect the PS3 have the edge. Example Mass Effect, the game's so beautifull but when it start moving to me it's a 1960 robot. It's almost the same for every X360 game they are so great texture wise but that's about it. There's some smaller games that have great animation , like sports game, racing.....But for the big game like MGS4 or Uncharted and RC Future the X360 wont have that level of animation, that lvl of lightning or that DTS sound at the same time like the Ps3 do!!!!!!
    Sony BRAVIA 40" XBR4
    harman/kardon AVR1600
    1Tb PS3 slim
    500Gb PS4
    Toshiba S50D A
    AMD A10-5745M APU 2.10Ghz
    AMD Radeon HD 8500M
    8Gb RAM
    1Tb Hdd
    Windows 8

I think in GT5 P, i really never seen another game like GT5, its pure quality, and i see a lot of games! A LOT!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Even if a game on the 360 looks better in every way, it just doesn't have this elegance some PS3 games seem to have. Uncharted and Heavenly Sword are good examples as well. But not all exclusives.

Maybe, in the end. It's just me.

That's all I have to rant about. Feel free to discuss.
    Well, I own both and since I got PS3 I stopped playing XBox360, it's just collecting dust.
    Anyway I understand your point, and even when a Game A is less impressive in the graphics department than Game B, still Game A could have more "elegance", "art direction", "style", originality, regardless of the console.

But, sorry if I say that, but you really chose bad examples for me. Not only Uncharted looks better than anything on XBox360 all in all, for me, but textures, lighting and shading are the best I have ever seen in any Console videogame. Question ? Have you ever seen Textures in Uncharted ? And when you get closer to textures ? Do you have a good Full HD TV and good HDMI cables ? Did you do nice TV setting ? Plus the look of the game is unique. Uncharted has everything.
    Plus "graphics" is not only 4 walls covered by textures. Or "blocky" environments covered by nice textures, where almost nothing is happening. "Graphics" is everything you can see in depth : Scale, geometry and complexity of the environments, draw distance, textures, lighting and shading, effects, number of enemies on screen, dimension of enemies, animations, collision-system, interactions with the environments, etc.
    This is why, sometime, we think that "graphics"A is better than "Graphics"B, and we are FAR and FAR from reality.
    Resistance2 and KillZone2 are for me the most impressive Games I've ever seen. The best "Graphics", as I mean graphics, and unique.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny_jr View Post
    I think the thing is the PS3 have the overall. The X360 will always have better texture then the PS3 but every other aspect the PS3 have the edge.
    Negative ! And RAGE is the clear example : they could have better textures on PS3 version due to Bluray, as DEVELOPERS SAID. But in the end they will probably cut some features and contents to fit XBox360 and make the version identical.
    Uncharted textures are some of the best I have ever seen.
    The PS3 Cell can run circles around the X-CPU, but also you have to consider how much power of the Cell you are using for graphics purposes, and how much for AI, physics, collision-system, animation, etc. All in all, as you said, I think PS3 is a more capable system. The best hardware this generation.

Thread Information