Latest PSU headlines:

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 81828 ... LastLast
    Thnx alot for the help now i can make my decision and buy one but at first i need my salary

Greetz,

Lars

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Well i gonna wait a year from 17th november,to i get a HDTV with the newest hardware,so it gonna be 17th november 2007 i will full enjoy my ps3!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    and it is because i am taken a `42“size tv for 4500 dollarswith the newest hardware,and it will be a SONY HDTV or A TOSHIBA HDTV!

Well, I've been a'lookin' and someone suggested the:

Samsung HL-S5686W 56"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282
    DLP
    Build in Analog/Digital Tuner
    Cinema Smooth 720p Tech
    Up to 2500:1 CR
    1280x720 Digital Format Converter
    2 HDMI Intputs
    2 Component Inputs (480i/480p/720p/1080i)
    3 A/V Composite
    2 S-Video Inputs
    USB 1.1
    PC (RGB) Input
    Anyone have any opinions on this one?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Then there is this one:

Samsung HL-S5087W 50"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282
    DLP
    Build-in Analog/Digital Tuner
    Samsung 1080p Light Engine
    Up to 10,000:1 CR
    1080p Compatiable via HDMI
    2 HDMI Inputs
    2 Component Video Imputs (480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p)
    3 A/V Composite
    2 S-Video
    USB 1.1
    PC (RGB) Input
    1080p Input Support
    Now this one seems to be a better deal, at only 200 more..... Any opinions on this one?

Also, they both have:
    Build-in Analog/Digital Tuner

Do those qualify as HD Tuners? Or be this only a HD Compatible TV, till you put a HD Tuner in it?

Thanks!
    "Where knowledge ends, religion begins."

Leper,

I go tthe HL-S5686W, adn I couldn't be happier. I was concerned about game lag so I hooked up my xbox and Halo 2 doesnt lag at all even when I am not in game mode and I am not even using component(yet). It looks horible because of the crappy connection and the HUGE screen, but component cables shoudl fix that.

I thought about going the 1080p route, but now that I have a 720p in my house..I can't imagine how it would be worth it. Even at 56 inches, the image is SO crisp and clear. Colors are great. Black levels are amaing for my untrained eye. DNIe is a litle weird sometimes, but overall, I could't be happier with the TV.

Oh, and use a progressive scan dvd player or else you will get those crappy black lines. DVDs look AMAZING. The LOTR looks almost high def even though it is in crappy 480p.

I can't tell you about the 87 models, but I am sure you will be happy with that route too. They probably have even better picture (if that is possible to the untrained eye), but there just isnt enough 1080p material to justify that for me. Either way, I am sure you will be happy.

Aleman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydra_Hobo View Post
    Leper,

I go tthe HL-S5686W, adn I couldn't be happier. I was concerned about game lag so I hooked up my xbox and Halo 2 doesnt lag at all even when I am not in game mode and I am not even using component(yet). It looks horible because of the crappy connection and the HUGE screen, but component cables shoudl fix that.

I thought about going the 1080p route, but now that I have a 720p in my house..I can't imagine how it would be worth it. Even at 56 inches, the image is SO crisp and clear. Colors are great. Black levels are amaing for my untrained eye. DNIe is a litle weird sometimes, but overall, I could't be happier with the TV.

Oh, and use a progressive scan dvd player or else you will get those crappy black lines. DVDs look AMAZING. The LOTR looks almost high def even though it is in crappy 480p.

I can't tell you about the 87 models, but I am sure you will be happy with that route too. They probably have even better picture (if that is possible to the untrained eye), but there just isnt enough 1080p material to justify that for me. Either way, I am sure you will be happy.
    You can defeat DNIe by switching to movie mode.

I recommend www.avsforum.com if you have any specific questions about that TV and I would also check out Avia or Digital Video Essentials (those are two calibration DVD's).

I almost bought the 50" version of that TV but sadly had to go with a 32" Sammy LCD due to space constraints. I agree with you though... 720p looks amazing. I can't even imagine how good 1080p would look.

REFLEX
    Yeah AVS forums are the PLACE to be for HDTV info.... the TV you are talking about it pretty good for sure. I would also reccomend it if your looking at Samsung TVs. I spent a month talking and reading on those forums before buying my 720p Sony 50" HDTV...... I aswell couldnt be happier. I was watching Discovery HD channel last night and you could see each little hair on the scorpions body.... and the most detail... it was just amazing, the colors.... very very nice.

And yeah DNIe can be kind of beaten with Movie Mode.... although its not a bad function.

Superior Member
    OK, I just had to post in this thread since I go by vdo (ViDeO, get it?) and basically my avatar and sig say it all. I searched this particular thread and didn't find any mentions of SED. It's not out yet, but the manufacturing plants are getting set up and they should have them starting to come out by fall next year. So if that is your timeframe for a new TV or upgrade, it's worth a look.

The manufacturing costs are cheaper than both LCD and Plasma. Plasma has low cost screens, but high cost electronics because of the need for high voltages. LCD is the opposite, in which the screens are high cost, but the low voltage electronics are cheap. SED has the combination of lower cost screens like Plasma and lower cost electronics like LCD. So, SED monitors will probably not be cheaper than either of these at first since they will be newer and better, but they will be able to drop the prices faster because of this.

What do you get? Well the advantages of a CRT, plus more.

• No viewing angle restrictions
    • Low power consumption.
    • Each pixel has it's own electron emitter squarely behind it (instead of a single electron gun to paint the whole image) which means no distortion due to the electrons hitting at an angle.
    • Contrast ratios of over 100,000:1 (no that is not a typo, it is a 1 followed by 5 zeros)
    • The ability to display 1080p (fits PS3 Blu-ray and 1080p games, nicely)
    • Sizes starting at 55" (it is much easier than LCD to scale SED to larger sizes)

Also, they have already perfected the manufacturing process and so this is not one of those "we think it should be able to be done" techonologies that is forever in the future. Here is a link describing more details:
    http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/neasia/000003
    Here's another one that's a little more technical:
    http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/neasia/002048

Here's a link to engadget where they saw it at a trade show:
    http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/08/s...-and-personal/

You can also click my sig below for more info on Toshiba's SED page (they are one of the main developers of the technology).

EDIT: Sorry, now I did find references to SED when I actually read through some of the thread. I didn't realize that when I searched the thread for SED, that it wasn't "no results" that I got back but that the search does not let you search for a term that small. Oh, well hopefully this post gives info and links that are useful.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

REFLEX
    yeah SED sets are great............ so are the newer LED DLPs.....

Forum Guru
    Definitely in the running for the next generation of HDTV for me. That's the technology I'm waiting for before I make my final offer to a store.

There are a couple of other things I want to make sure are included in the set, like analog stereo line in and out. I'll want to be sending my audio to my stereo which is a darn nice system, I must say.
    Now writing: two Ratchet & Clank novels, a Sly 4 novel, and two rock albums
    PSN ID: Tetsumura/Tetsumaru019
    Pray for this planet! And I don't mean the environment

REFLEX
    Yeah Ive got a pretty awesome sound system too.... 7.1 surround sound JBL speakers and a Sony reciever.. high end cables and wire, etc etc etc.... it was a n obsession with me... the TV, the audio system..... etc.

Superior Member
    Does anyone know if HDTVs cause delays in games? I came across an old post in another forum where they were talking about how they can't stand playing Guitar Hero and some fighting games on HDTVs because of delays. I don't know if it has to do with the processing time it takes to upconvert signals within the HDTV?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

REFLEX
    A few models of the Samsung DLPs used to have that problem, other Tvs do as well... I dont know the list through.

if you want a reasably priced, but good quality hdtv, iv'e heard that sharp makes the best inexpensive ones.

SuperSJ-PS3
    I was doing some research on these hd set last night.

Sony KDF-E50A10
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDF_E50...-31453800.html

Sony KD 34XBR970 - CRT TV - 34"
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KD_34XB...-31692320.html

Sony KDL-32S2000
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDL_32S...-31694898.html

Sony KDF-E42A10
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDF_E42...-31304863.html

Sony Bravia KDL-V40XBR1
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_Bravia_...-31470102.html

And my final decision are to get the Sony Bravia KDL-V40XBR1, at first I were more interested in the Sony KDL-32S2000 but after reading a whole load of review by users and editors. I came to a conclusion of by getting the Sony Braivia KDL-V40XBR1, it would be a better buy overall.

Elite Member
    Well i got a Panasonic-Viera HD plasma tv 42". I had it for about a year now and the only things that pisses me off about it's is that it didn't like my DVD that came with surround sound speakers so i had to get a new one and i wasn't able to send back the old one.

Here's the site or the magazine which which persuaded me to get it http://www.crutchfield.com/ISEO-rmsbcspd/hdtv/

The site doesn't only have hdtv's it has other tv's aswell, like EDTV, SDTV, Plasmas, rear projection and front projection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Yestereday is like today, but today is unlike any other day"

Superior Member

Okay, time for a random, noobish search query.

money range - $300-400

size of screen -
    19" - 25"

quality -
    Good? I'm looking for at least 720p as a resolution.

Is it possible? :P

Elite Member
    i'm from the uk and i seen a nice lcd hdtv i like with a price off £899 and it a 32" LG tv and over 720p - 1080i/p. but does it really matter on what picture revolution it has or do i have to get over 720 & 1080i/p so the ps3 can handle the picture quailty. and what do these letters stand for i & p. help me out thanx ppl

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RipVanWinkle View Post
    if you want a reasably priced, but good quality hdtv, iv'e heard that sharp makes the best inexpensive ones.
    I can personally vouch for that.
    *WARNING* The above was typed by a shameless Metal Gear Solid fanboy!
    MGO/MPO Tag: RED_FOX
    The Second Amendment: A right, not a privilege.

SuperSJ-PS3
    Quote Originally Posted by ishanz View Post
    Okay, time for a random, noobish search query.

money range - $300-400

size of screen -
    19" - 25"

quality -
    Good? I'm looking for at least 720p as a resolution.

Is it possible? :P
    I found a good one for you.

Samsung TX R2678WH - CRT TV - 26": $369.99 Amazon.com

ShortSpec:
    Product type: CRT TV - Color
    Technology: CRT
    Diagonal size: 26 in
    Image aspect ratio: 16:9
    Remote control type: Universal remote control (Infrared)
    Supported DTV Resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i (via Component sockets), 480p (via Component sockets), 720p (via Component sockets), 1080i (via Component sockets)
    Comb filter: 4-line digital
    Sound output mode: Stereo

Superior Member

Hmm, that looks pretty nice. For a CRT, it looks wonderful, I'll sure be looking into this one in November, my only actual problem is the fact that it's 26", CRT, and looks pretty big. My desk currently has a 13" CRT on it, and it's takes up quite a bit of space, so I'm looking into LCD's around that price range to stick up on the wall above my desk.

Nonetheless, after all, it is PS3, so space constraints shouldn't hold me back from buying the perfect TV. Thanks :P

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Tyrade
    #1 tv hands down no matter what best tv for ps3
    dont even fight about it with me....if you have seen this thing on a blue ray player you know what im talkin about.....

http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/L...S4695DXXAA.asp

if you see this on a blue ray player...you will sh*t your pants..

Superior Member

I've seen the 40" LCD at Best Buy on a Blu-Ray player.

The quality is simply outstanding. The picture, sound, it's all beyond what you'd expect from a TV.

Thing is, it's $3299 =\

Elite Member

Don't be afraid of CRT's if you have the space and don't mind the weight... They still produce some of the best "blacks" you will see... plus, you don't have to worry about response-times, screen-door effect, ghosting, quick burn in, etc... They're most cost efficent as well... just you don't see as much support now as ppl are too "space" concerned for nick-nacks and such... so everyone is shifting away from CRT's because of that...

It's up to each person individually... Can you "afford" the "space"? Do you have a good eye (ghosting, screendoor, blacks washed grey, etc)? Do certain refresh rates bother your eyes? And most importantly, what is your budget? If you can wait, do that... 1080p sets will be dropping in price over time as everything else... LCD tech will make some more advancements... etc... etc... etc...

Things to make sure though for now:
    Widescreen (you'd be suprised what you're missing in games designed for HD... I was... lost lots of field of view in certain games)
    At least 720p
    HDMI - should have one port (supposedly that connection really is superior to component)

Hey guys,

We got a nice Mitsubishi TV awhile back, and I wanted to see if it would be up to my gaming standards. It's HD, 1080 w/ HDMI...just want a "okay, you don't need a new TV."

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...IB:en%26sa%3DN

Thread Information