Superior Member

Resistance 2 Beta Impressions

Resistance 2 beta multiplayer is by far the best multiplayer experience I've had on any current gen console. This game is going to blow every other game out of the water in terms of multiplayer playability. I've haven't been playing that long right now, but this game is extremely easy for any player of any skill level to get a hang of.

I'll continue to update this thread throughout the night!

I dunno i'm not really feeling the MP it reminds me off Halo 3. just everyone shooting each other and it takes like 100 bullets to kill someone.

Master Poster
    Revenas might want to hurry with your review we have hungry peers

Superior Member
    Just did one of the coop missions that consisted of a total of 4 different types of monsters! 4! That's unheard of in a Resistance game. Anyhow, we had to disable all of the hellgast cannons, really fun stuff. Every class in coop mode has unique abilities that REALLY help out the team.

For instance, as a medic you can build up enough charge from your weapon to lay down this massive healing aura, no one will die and this aura. I had to use it quite often to keep the team alive. Very fun stuff.

The medic class is nothing like Team Fortress 2, it's actually very fun to play. When you damage things you not only heal yourself as you damage but you build up charges that can heal others when you fire them at people!

You also gain levels like an RPG.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by EnVme View Post
    I dunno i'm not really feeling the MP it reminds me off Halo 3. just everyone shooting each other and it takes like 100 bullets to kill someone.
    In competitive, it only took me like 5 shots with the Splicer, and in Cooperative, I am a medic, but it doesn't take that long, unless i am shooting a boss.

Superior Member
    how did you guys got in the beta? is there any beta codes when you preorder at ebgames or some type of ish?

Master Poster
    Pre-order form gamestop and you get one

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rav3nas View Post
    Just did one of the coop missions that consisted of a total of 4 different types of monsters! 4! That's unheard of in a Resistance game. Anyhow, we had to disable all of the hellgast cannons, really fun stuff. Every class in coop mode has unique abilities that REALLY help out the team.

For instance, as a medic you can build up enough charge from your weapon to lay down this massive healing aura, no one will die and this aura. I had to use it quite often to keep the team alive. Very fun stuff.

The medic class is nothing like Team Fortress 2, it's actually very fun to play. When you damage things you not only heal yourself as you damage but you build up charges that can heal others when you fire them at people!

You also gain levels like an RPG.

I'll keep you guys posted.
    forgive me for being ignorant but aren't they the enemy from killzone and not resistance? or is there just an enemy by the same name?

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
    forgive me for being ignorant but aren't the enemy from killzone and not resistance? or is there just an enemy by the same name?
    IDK, i'm pretty sure they are alled helgast cannons, but maybe not. Lol....They shoot these very white beams, I would say there are 15 of them you have to disable.

Elite Guru
    Sounds good. The more Halo like it is, from what I 've heard, the better for me, because I love Halo, and I've been missing it ever since I got rid of the Failurebox

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by disposableheroV View Post
    Sounds good. The more Halo like it is, from what I 've heard, the better for me, because I love Halo, and I've been missing it ever since I got rid of the Failurebox
    Dude don't worry, Sony's line up this holiday is going to anally rape Microsoft.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav3nas View Post
    Dude don't worry, Sony's line up this holiday is going to anally rape Microsoft.
    I can agree with that 100% my friend

Apprentice
    its does feel like halo a bit but really is that a bad thing i love halo but i love this one more.

Anbu_Evolution
    The beta is crack....the coop is hella fun, especially when you have a full party and all team members communicate via the mic. I've cracked up so many times due to the amount of enemies on screen at once and people dying left and right. It's hella tight. I've been playing for 3.5 hours straight already. I'm prolly gonna stay up late and jam again.

saso_7
    the Resistance 2 beta is amazing, incredible, astounding, delightful (ok maybe i'm OD'ing right now) but its just darn fun, it looks good, runs good, handles well. the co-op portion of the game is really where the fun is at, i was surprised with what insomniac has put out and kudos to them. i remember a while back about all this killzone was the halo killer and all this menusha, sure X360 has its halo franchise but i can safely say WE, US ps3 owners have Resistance and thats our franchise our halo killer (not trying to start a flame war here)

REFLEX
    There is already a big R2 BETA topic...... its only right below this... you must have seen it when you made this.

Thread Information