Apprentice

Sony Bluetooth Headset Wont Turn On

hi guys. I just bought the socom bundle and have been trying to work the headset. I've charged it but it refuses to activate afterwards. I read the manual on how to turn it on and off but it just won't turn on. However, it does blink red when I put it in the charging dock. The headset seemed to have turned on last night but I dunno why it's not working now. Any help/suggestions please?

Apprentice
    Blinking red means that it is charging. Once it is fully charged it will go solid red... maybe it isnt charging correctly?

Superior Member
    The red light will stay lit up when its done charging. And to operate it you press the little square button that has on/off to power it on or off. Generally speaking for bluetooth devices, you usually have to press and hold the button to make it do something.

Once you have it charged up, you press and hold the big circular button until the green light alternates between green/red, this is the pairing mode. Then what you will need to do is go to Accessories -- "manage bluetooth .." and do a search for the device, it should show up as bluetooth headset or something basic. Once its found by your ps3 it will ask for a 4 digit code, which is almost always 0000.

The last step is adjusting your volumes and having that bluetooth device setup rdy to use for your ps3, this you do by going to accessories --manage bluetooth -- and make sure the little blue dot is by the right bluetooth headset you have already paired up.

Hope this helps you.

~ten

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by tenmohican View Post
    Once you have it charged up, you press and hold the big circular button until the green light alternates between green/red, this is the pairing mode. Then what you will need to do is go to Accessories -- "manage bluetooth .." and do a search for the device, it should show up as bluetooth headset or something basic. Once its found by your ps3 it will ask for a 4 digit code, which is almost always 0000.

~ten
    With this headset, I would recommend pairing it thru the USB method. Pairing by the search method does not allow for full functionality thru the firmware. OP, to do this, plug the USB cable directly into the top of the headset and it will automatically "flash" the headset and allow it to used to its full potential.

Superior Member
    See my head set does the same. It shows that its chehing the light goes red and never for the life of me will it turn on. I hold the power button for 5 10 15 second and nothing. IV charged it for 2 days and I get no love. Look like I got a 40 dollar game and a broken headset for 20 bucks.

Apprentice

The red light will stay lit up when its done charging. And to operate it you press the little square button that has on/off to power it on or off. Generally speaking for bluetooth devices, you usually have to press and hold the button to make it do something.

The last step is adjusting your volumes and having that bluetooth device setup rdy to use for your ps3, this you do by going to accessories --manage bluetooth -- and make sure the little blue dot is by the right bluetooth headset you have already paired up.

Hope this helps you.

~ten
    It never stays red when I charge it for hours. Instead of blinking, after a certain amount of time, it just goes blank and I have to disconnect and reconnect to the hub thing to make it blink reds again. I've already had my ps3 recognize the headset last night but i cannot connect it wirelessly now because it won't turn on.

Rotary: I feel your pain man. Its also annoying to play Socom without being able to communicate with anyone (played it for 2 hours today while my headset sat in the damn hub dock thing).

Superior Member
    Well thanks for understanding. But atleast I had my A40 astro head set so I was able to use that but I love playing socom on the big TV all loud. Maybe ill call Sony today.

Superior Member
    Maybe your usb is not plugged in all the way. WHich version of the ps3 are u using? My headset charged fully in like an hour out of the box, which is roughly how long it took to install, and patch up and eat a pizza lol.

well

u know the headset it self has a mini usb jack by the power button to sync with ps3 with all the great features it has like HD
    the dock is just for charging and using the mic at the same time
    Sony 40"XBR3 1080p, PS3 60gb, 4 6Axis, 2ds3,
    tw07, resistance, mlb2k7, cac, tekken DR :gta::2gun:motorstorm, mkII, r6vegas, warhawk, cod4, uncharted, fifa street, mlb the show 08, hot shots OB, GT5P, MGS4. 10 BRay movies
    Onkyo HT-S790B (Black) 1000watts

Apprentice

Maybe your usb is not plugged in all the way. WHich version of the ps3 are u using? My headset charged fully in like an hour out of the box, which is roughly how long it took to install, and patch up and eat a pizza lol.
    Well I had it working when I installed the game. It was perfectly fine. But I woke up this morning to play some Socom (I left it out at night) and it just won't turn on at all (even when I press the power button). I updated my PS3 to the latest firmware, download the patch for the game, all the goods.

Apprentice

Sorry for double post but I couldn't find a solution at all so I'm just going to return everything and get a new Socom bundle. Thanks everyone for trying to help though.

Superior Member
    ya the headset might of been defective, because everyone else seems to not have that same issue. I resynced mine using the port right on the headset, and now i have a (HQ) high quality mode available and it says the battery life on the screen which is freekn sweet.

Thread Information