Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru

Help me decide what to get for christmas please!

ok, I just need some help deciding, I have a choice of 3 things, would Ideally like all of them but know what I wont get them all xD I have a budget of about 450
    The 3 things are....

Canon EOS 450D DSLR Camera
    Optomo HD700X HD Projector.
    The best computer I can find for 450

I'm really tempted by both the camera and projector (no point getting a computer for 450?)

The Projector is native 720 resolution but I only have a small box bedroom and the throw distance is 9 foot which my room is just.

I would love a camera also because I have wanted one for a while but I am afraid I will not use it for long periods of time and it'll cost a lot to buy lenses, memory cards etc

The camera is more of a long term commitment, are you really interested in photography that much? You could buy it and not buy a single extra lens but that defeats the point of getting a DSLR and your better of with a decent point and shoot.

The projector sounds nice but it's not really a necessity, it would be really cool however.

450 can get you a reasonable computer these days, especially if you don't plan on getting a laptop (even so, you could still get a pretty decent one). There's also more of a chance of you needing a computer as oppose to just wanting one I guess.

I would personally get the computer but that's just me and it's really up to you in the end... :/

Master Guru
    I would like a gaming computer that I can look to upgrade in the future but 450 wont get me much would it? Any links please?
    Also, I love photography but I'm not sure If I want to take it up as a commitment as of yet and my phone camera if fine for now.
    I have a 26" LCD TV but would just love a projector for screen size, and the coolness factor

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunyac View Post
    I would like a gaming computer that I can look to upgrade in the future but 450 wont get me much would it? Any links please?
    Also, I love photography but I'm not sure If I want to take it up as a commitment as of yet and my phone camera if fine for now.
    I have a 26" LCD TV but would just love a projector for screen size, and the coolness factor
    Get the projector then give me your current TV

As for computes i can't see 450 getting you a decent gaming PC, and if as you say your not sure about photogrpahy and if your phone camera is fine then yeah the projector seems the way to go.

When you smoke the herb you reveal yourself to yourself - Bob Marley R.I.P

Power Member
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Projector would be the goer for me. Second the computer, can maximize your usage out of them.

Master Guru
    Where is the best place to get a pc from? I now have a MAXIMUM budget of 600, prefrably less.

Forum Guru
    hmm try overclockers or ccl online.

Your best bet is to make a thread in the PC Gaming section then more people who can help will see it. Someone in there might even throw up a build with your budget

Forum Guru
    EDIT : Double post sorry, feel free to delete it

Dedicated Member
    Buy parts for a PC and build your own. It is much much cheaper!

Master Guru
    The only problem is, my mom doesn't want to give me money for christmas because It doesn't look like much xD
    And she won't/doesn't have the first clue about parts and I would like to use it as soon as I open it, not wait for ages after to get it built and up and running.

Elite Member
    If you knew how to put the PC together yourself, you could get it done in no time. Then it would just be things like, overclocking (if necessary), installing the OS, drivers, etc. All in all you could get through it in an evening.
    "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire

I know this was posted ages ago but incase your still deciding...

You can get an OK gaming PC for 600. Building your own is fun but these days you actually won't save that much money. For 600 you can get a decent desktop PC, and since it's a desktop you always have the ability to upgrade in the future, without buying a whole new computer.

For 600 you wont be able to play some games on max settings but they should run comfortably and be certainly playable, as long as it has even a low end dedicated graphics card.

My old laptop had integrated graphics and could play most games on low settings and even some on full.

Thread Information