Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 8 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member

Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Tekken: Dark Resurrection

Info about the 2 New Characters:

- Lili
    The only daughter of a wealthy oil magnate, Lili has led a pampered life. However, four years earlier, Lili was the target of an attempted abduction. Lili struck out wildly and was able to even defeat one of her abductors.

As a result, Lili realized she found pleasure in streetfighting. Her father, however, was a kind and gentle man who abhorred violence. Lili was torn between her strong urge to fight and her desire to please her father, whom she adored. Lili was unable to control her desire to fight and decided to take the family jet abroad under the guise of travel.

One day, she receives an invitation to a certain fighting tournament from an opponent she defeated in San Francisco. Lili soon realizes that the host of this tournament was none other than the Mishima Zaibatsu, the main source of her father's problems. She decides to enter the tournament and put an end to her father's business troubles.

- Sergei Dragunov
    A frozen land buried in dense sub arctic forests. While undergoing geological research in preparation for the development of natural resources, an anomalous object is discovered below the permafrost.

The military quickly calls special forces into action and the entire area is completely sealed off. The mysterious object is then transferred under absolute secrecy to a research facility for further study.A month later, military headquarters receive an investigative report regarding the mysterious object and decides to order one of the men working at the dig on a clandestine mission.

That man is Dragunov, a member of an elite special forces team who is feared in battlefronts throughout the world as the White Angel of Death.

Info about the modes:

Tekken Dojo:
    Are you good enough to take the title of 'Tekken Lord'? The going is bloody as you fight your way to the top in a selection of different Dojos based on a private island owned by Mishima Zaibatsu.
    Arcade Battle:
    Earn your purse of fight money as you defeat ghosts matching your current level. And each test you pass sees you elevated a rank in the fighting hierarchy.
    Quick Battle:
    Choose from 1-on-1 battle or team battles against the CPU for quick and deadly mayhem. Alternatively form a team of up to eight players in team battle mode for a massive knock-out tournament.
    Network:
    Challenge friends, or enemies, to a duel via Ad Hoc Mode, exclusive to PSP.
    Story Battle:
    Get under the skin of your character in the new story mode and uncover your history.
    Time, Survival and Gold Rush:
    Beat your previous best score with a choice of three attack modes: Time Attack as you go against your opponent and the clock; Survival as your stamina is put to the test and your work to defeat as many opponents as possible and Gold Rush which allows you to earn fight money for damage dealt within the time limit.
    Practice:
    All new practice mode includes tutorials, freestyle training and command training covering both attack and self-defence.

Info about Ghosts:

With Ghost mode you basically record your fighting performance and then upload it via online servers, where others can gain access and see how they compare. Likewise, you can challenge other players and see how well you hold up. It's kind of awkward at first, but it works great.
    The Ghost merely tries to mimic your style. It's not perfect in every sense of the word by any means.
    For example, I'm finding that as I'm playing a ghost of myself, it does some of the combos and follow ups I often do, but other times, it can screw up juggles and attempt stuff that I'd never do as well. It also seems to throw a lot more than I do. It's weird. It's me (sort of), but it's not.

In any case, the ghost doesn't have that many matches and experience under it's belt. Things are bound to change as I fight with it more and more.

You can play against downloaded Ghosts (Or your own) randomly in Tekken Dojo and Arcade mode, but if you want to play against a downloaded ghost ONLY, then you have to complete Tekken Dojo mode to unlock Stage 0. That's the Stage where you'll be facing off against all downloaded Ghost Characters.

How to get Stage 0:
    1.)Beat all 3 stages on easy mode of Tekken Dojo
    or
    2.)Beat all 6 stages on normal mode of Tekken Dojo.

Then, go back to Tekken Dojo Mode and you should then see a place called "Stage 0" all the way on the left side of the screen on a tiny island. All fights within Stage 0 will consist of Ghost you downloaded only.
    (Note: Ghost from ghost packs will not be included.)

- PSP Game Region Variables

Ghost files are region free, however the variables and files you need are different depending on the region of your game.

Japan Release
    Friends Ghosts folder: ULJS00048GHOSTF
    Your Ghosts folder: ULJS00048GHOSTM
    Install files: JPN Ghost Sharing Package

USA Release
    Friends Ghosts folder: ULUS10139GHOSTF
    Your Ghosts folder: ULUS10139GHOSTM
    Install files: US Ghost Sharing Package

Europe Release
    Friends Ghosts folder: UCES00356GHOSTF
    Your Ghosts folder: UCES00356GHOSTM
    Install files: EUR Ghost Sharing Package

- Preparing Your PSP For Ghost Sharing:

Now let's move on to getting your PSP ready for ghost sharing. First and foremost, in order for any of this to work, make sure you turn on the 'Ghost Update' option while you're playing the game.

1. Connect your PSP to your computer via a USB cable and go to the PSP folder.
    2. Locate your Tekken DR saved data and create a 'Friends Ghosts' folder named accordingly (see above).
    3. Download the appropriate ghost sharing package for your game region.
    4. Extract the content of the zip file into the newly created 'Friends Ghosts' folder.

- Installing Ghosts On Your PSP

Now that you have your PSP set up to share ghosts you can start downloading ghost files and install them on your PSP to play against in Arcade Mode or Dojo mode. Let's take a look at how to install a ghost.

1. Download a ghost file from the PSP Ghost Library and copy or save it to the 'Friends Ghosts' folder.
    2. Rename the ghost file into a 'PERSONXX.GHO' format, replacing 'XX' with a two digit number.
    3. It doesn't matter what number you assign to the ghost as long as it is not a duplicate.
    4. Safely close your USB connection, and start up the game.
    5. Go to your 'Profile' menu, scroll down and select the 'Ghost List' option.
    6. You should now be able to select the 'Friends Ghosts' option and view the downloaded ghosts.

- Playing Against Ghosts

You can randomly play against downloaded ghosts in Arcade Mode or Dojo Mode but there is a better way. As you get about through Dojo Mode you will unlock 'Stage 0', this is a dojo that appears on the far left. Once unlocked you can play exclusively against ghosts in Arcade Mode style, picking your next opponent from three ghosts after each match.

- Uploading Your Ghosts

In order to upload your own ghosts to our PSP Ghost Library or to install it as a ghost you can play against you will first need to put them on your computer.

1. Connect your PSP to your computer via a USB cable and go to the PSP folder.
    2. Locate your Tekken DR saved data and navigate to the 'Your Ghosts' folder (see above).
    3. Simply drag and drop your 'PLAYERXX.GHO' files onto your computer.
    4. Now you can upload your ghost files or install it in the 'Friends Ghosts' folder as described above.

[The Ghost Packs are merely a compilation of Ghost Data packed into one large file. Ghost packs are made and released from Namco themselves. Ghost packs are just a convienient way to add a whole lot of high level Ghost profiles to your Memory Stick all at once. That's basically what they're used for -- an extra challenge.]

Reviews:

Gamespot
    Tekken: Dark Resurrection for the PSP is an impressive graphical feat that also delivers everything that makes the Tekken series so great.

Score: 9.2
    Full Review

IGN
    Tekken: Dark Resurrection is serious business. It does absolutely everything well and offers a number of options we wish were in last year's PlayStation 2 version of Tekken 5. New modes, new characters (the slow-but-powerful Dragunov and the speedier mash-friendly Lili), incredible graphics, and plenty of other add-ons not only make Tekken a fantastic fighting experience, but one hell of a great PSP game as well.

Score: 9.2
    Full Review

Trailer & Gameplay Footages:

Complete Ranking List

Beginner
    9th kyu
    8th kyu
    7th kyu
    6th kyu
    5th kyu
    4th kyu
    3rd kyu
    2nd kyu
    1st kyu
    1st dan
    2nd dan
    3rd dan
    4th dan
    5th dan
    6th dan
    7th dan
    Shihan
    Expert
    Warrior
    Master
    Virtuoso
    Champion
    Lone Wolf
    Destroyer
    Berserker
    Sage
    Legend
    Fujin
    Raijin
    Deity
    Lord of War
    Dragon Lord
    Tekken Lord
    Dark Lord
    Divine Fist

Forum Sage
    Items Muse
    This looks fantastic. I'm not going to buy a PSP solely for it, but it does make me want to play it. I haven't played Dark Resurrection yet so this might be my only opportunity to familiarise myself with the moves for the new characters before Tekken 6 comes out.

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana
    This looks fantastic. I'm not going to buy a PSP solely for it, but it does make me want to play it. I haven't played Dark Resurrection yet so this might be my only opportunity to familiarise myself with the moves for the new characters before Tekken 6 comes out.
    Hmm you should copy the URL I posted, that 3 minute gameplay footage will definately make you wanna buy a PSP.

But besides, there are so many great titles hitting the PSP platform in the future, like:

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Tenchu: Time Of The Assassins
    Gran Turismo Mobile [omg]
    Devil May Cry
    LocoRoco [I have the Trial Version on my PSP and its hypnotizing!]
    And ofcourse TEKKEN!

And titles that are currently available and kick arse:

Everybody's Golf [I cant get enough of this game]
    Daxter
    Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror [I loved the Syphon filter games on the PsOne, and I cant wait to get my hands on this game, its going to be released in June here in Europe]
    Lumines [VERY ADDICTIVE]
    GTA: LCS
    etc. etc. etc.

Dedicated Member

Tekken: Dark Resurrection Preview by 1UP
    by Patrick Joynt

The PSP has been hard to love for a while now, but Tekken: Dark Resurrection is one of the games that's fighting to bring you back to the sleek black portable that could. An adaptation of the arcade version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, the game has the potential to be one of the best titles on the PSP.

The super bright and fluid look of Dark Resurrection will likely be the first thing that grabs you, with the characters moving as deftly and dangerously as they should. We played just as an unseasonably bright bout of sunshine filled the room, and we could actually see what was going on and play through a match. We were happy when we got some shade back, but for a PSP title it's very playable even in bright conditions.

For novelty's sake, we spent most of our time with the new characters Sergei Dragunov, Soviet hard-ass, and Lili, school-girl hard-ass. Sergei vs. Sergei matches let us see some of the unlockables (there will be about twice as many as in Tekken 5) as Sergei in his stock uniform fought Sergei in commando fatigues. Dragunov had his "Sambo" furious fists play style, while Lili represented with fast, dangerous street-fighting footwork. Armor King also returns, and although we didn't get to play with him he did look super-tough in the always confusing, always-cool Tekken intro video. All the characters, old and new, total up to a stable of over 30.

The new stages from the arcade game come over as well, but most exciting is the inclusion of the ghost mode. Like in the arcade, you can set your own fighter up for other people to play against -- just upload the ghost onto the internet and see who steps up. Other wireless options include the much-bad-mouthed ad-hoc only play for up to two players, but in this instance we understand the infeasibility of true wireless play. At E3 we're hoping to get to put in some multiplayer hands on time to see how smoothly the ad-hoc play functions.

In addition to the core gameplay, unlockables will be a big draw for Dark Resurrection. We still don't know if the unlocked items will be transferable to say, Tekken on the PS3, but that's certainly something we're hoping for. All in all, Tekken: Dark Resurrection looks to be that rare beast of a PSP game that really shows what a developer can do. Dust off your PSP and get ready for its fall release.

link: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3150163
    OMG.

I want this game so bad!

Aza
    If I can spare the cash I'll be picking this one up.
    Tekken rocks harder than any other fighting game, except maybe Soul Calibur, but then they are made by the same people.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aza
    If I can spare the cash I'll be picking this one up.
    Tekken rocks harder than any other fighting game, except maybe Soul Calibur, but then they are made by the same people.
    lol.

Tekken is one of my favorite fighting games, but its not a technical fighting game like say Virtua Fighter[imo the most technical fighting game EVER]. But its still a whooooole lotta fun

Dedicated Member

Gamespot Update:

Tekken: Dark Resurrection - Story and Mode Updates
    We get more info on the modes in Namco's upcoming PSP fighter

Tekken: Dark Resurrection is the upcoming PlayStation Portable conversion of the latest arcade entry in Namco's venerable Tekken series. The game keeps in line with Namco's ambitious approach to converting its arcade hits to home consoles and adds a number of PSP exclusive elements to the mix, as well. We recently got some new info from Namco on the subject and thought it would be good to share.

The game's story mode will feature all-new CG movies for the three additions to the game's fighting roster: Lili, Dragunov, and Armor King. Tekken vets will recognize Armor King from previous games, but Lili and Dragunov are new additions from the arcade. Dark Resurrection on the PSP will mark the first time that the pair receives the glamorous CG treatment for their cinematics. Lili's story focuses on how her life has changed in the wake of an aborted kidnapping attempt four years prior to the events in the game. Beating the smack out of her would-be captors apparently got the young heiress hooked on the thrill of a good fight. Thanks to her family's resources, such as their vast wealth and a jet, young Lili travels the world looking to kick some tail under the guise of a traveler. As luck would have it, while in San Francisco she gets an invitation to participate in a fighting tournament run by Mishima Zaibatsu, a business rival of her father's. The promise of kicking some tail and helping daddy out draw the young pugilist into the Iron Fist tournament.

Dragunov's story is decidedly less cuddly. The surly member of an elite special-forces team, who goes by the catchy nickname of "The White Angel of Death," is dispatched to investigate a discovery at an archaeological site. A mysterious object is discovered in the permafrost beneath a subarctic forest, and the secrecy that surrounds its discovery piques the interest of the military, which then send Dragunov out to discover what the object is all about. Finally, info on Armor King's story is rather thin due to the masked wrestler's mysterious past, but we expect we'll soon find out more about the person who slaps on a jaguar mask and tights before wrestling.

Besides the story mode, Tekken: Dark Resurrection is set to contain a number of unlockable surprises, which include some new modes. One of these modes is a returning favorite seen in Tekken Tag Tournament for the PlayStation 2: Tekken Bowling. The bowling minigame lets you use all the characters in the roster, each with their own unique bowling styles and stats. Some characters even have special throws for an added bonus. In keeping with the social nature of the sport, Namco has offered up several different play modes to support from one to eight players. Single-player lets you bowl 10 frames in a standard solo outing. Strike mode challenges you to see how many strikes you can get with a limited number of balls. Each time you make a strike, you'll get one more ball--if you miss, you won't. This mode also features an Internet ranking system, so you can compare your high scores with players all over the world. Two-player lets you take on a friend in an alternating game on the same PSP. Tournament supports three to eight people on a single PSP in alternating matches, and it pits all players against each other in pairs, with the brackets narrowing as players win and lose. Tekken Bowling includes an ad hoc mode, as well, where you can play against a friend, who also has a PSP and copy of the game. The added perk to the various modes is that you can win fight money based on your scores, which you can use to purchase items.

Finally, one of the coolest PSP-exclusive aspects of Tekken: Dark Resurrection is the versus mode that lets you fight friends wirelessly, regardless of whether they own the game or not. Players that own the game can simply set up a match and wait for someone to accept the challenge. Players that don't have the game can duke it out with you by using the game-sharing feature. You'll simply have to download some data to that person's PSP for the match, which will then let the two of you go at it.

Look for more on Tekken: Dark Resurrection shortly, as the game is slated to ship this July for the PSP.

Source:
    Gamespot
    This game is going to be sweet. :P

Forum Sage
    Items Muse
    I'm so jealous of PSP owners that they're getting this game. Tekken Bowl was absolutely fantastic. I'd buy Tekken: DR just for Tekken Bowl.

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

Dedicated Member

What are you waiting for Svetlana?

Pre-Order your PSP!

Veteran
    I'll get it on the first day that it come's out. I look forward to it.

Master Poster
    The gameplay video looked spot on.
    Looking forward to owning a psp very much
    Poop, scoop and shoot.
    My band: http://soundcloud.com/nionabeo

Dedicated Member
    Not sure if this is some new footage but according to this site it should be...enjoy!

http://www.ps3focus.nl/sitee/nieuws/...078&cat=catpsp

Best Beat'em Up for the PSP...gameplay & graphics-wise
    "Awesome, the PS3 is like alien hardware from a UFO crash... it's like reverse engineering the FUTURE OF DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT!"

Bl@ck M@gic
    Does anyone know of a website that will sell this game and will send it to england for 30 or less apart from ebay. The version can be Japanese (as long as the manual and box has english writing) or US.

Bl@ck M@gic
    On the amazon website they have got tekken available to buy now, even though it's not out in england
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...lance&n=300703

sorry about the double post but otherwise people wouldn't of realised a new post had been made

Bl@ck M@gic
    http://www.gamebrink.com/playstation...n-reviews.html

Here is a review of tekken and it gets 96/100

Pros

One of the best looking games on the PSP ever
    60fps with no slowdown
    Completely faithful port
    Loaded with extra content
    Game sharing means you only need one copy of the game for multiplayer

Cons

Introductions between matches are in 30fps
    No infrastructure multiplayer

The Marvelous One
    Will be getting this as soon as it's available.

Dedicated Member

Nice triple post Bl@ck M@gic...

Anyway.
    Does anyone know the EU release date for this GODLIKE PSP game?

Bl@ck M@gic
    thanks but i wanted people to see that the post had been updated. Anyway in europe it's being released on the 8th sep. But you can either order it now from the amazon link provided or go on to lik-sang.com and you can buy the jap version or pre-order the us version which comes out 25th july. Or you will be able to buy it from cdwow.com on the 25th july

Dedicated Member

The 8th of September?!
    The trend of screwing Europe with redicilous release dates continues.

The Marvelous One
    http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/t...?mode=versions

Yes, the 8th of Sept.

The NA boxart looks better than the JApanese boxart I think.

Bl@ck M@gic
    I think the NA boxart looks better as well. Goretex just go to http://www2.cd-wow.com/ on the 25th july when it comes out in NA and buy it from there for 30, it's a reliable site aswell

Dedicated Member

No thanx, I want the EU version.

Moderhater
    You can't talk GoreTex you double posted too.

The Marvelous One
    Triple post is worse than a double post. Are you a rule cop?

Moderhater
    Nah not really just trying to help. But anyways he said nice triple post when he double posted so it was a bit hypocritical. So I had to point that out

Thread Information