Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Bl@ck M@gic
    it does show the things you customized them with

Forum Sage
    How does the ghost mode actually work? Ghosts in racing games don't let you interact with it...you just race against it and you're able to drive straight through the vehicle. How can you download ghost data and actually fight against an opponent without it being too predictable? Does it have variable AI or the same AI with scripted moves every time you fight against it?

*Confused*

Lastfm id: RadioheadSnob

The Marvelous One
    Yes! Yes! Yes! I got it a day earlier than expected!

Dedicated Member
    Dude, I picked it up on the 27th of July and have been learning Feng Wei All over again. Dragunov and Raven are now part of the family as well as Bruce. The new chicks style is pretty cool. I hope on Tekken 6 they let you do a Soul Caliber 3 and create a fighter. How sweet would that be?

As far as the game goes, HOLY SPIT! PSP just hit the ground in a sprint! the game is the best I have played on the system. it moves with all of the speed of the PS2. This is a game the PSP needs badly. I wish they had infrustructor, then the world would be my bashing ground.

The only thing I have a problem with is the down forward and up forward. I cannot get those to respond when I want them too, thus killing my air juggles. However if you guys have ebay, you need to be down with this d-pad add on.

170013339269 : enter this number in the search engine in ebay. If this thing works, the world will quake as Feng, Bruce, Raven and Sierge walk on the scene and start whoopin some serious @$$!!
    Over 32 PS3 games in library and have paid for GTA4 Limited edition and JUST got Prolog......Yeah bud.... I'm playin BEYOND... now if only I can get a new hard drive.....9 gigs left...

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Svetlana
    How does the ghost mode actually work? Ghosts in racing games don't let you interact with it...you just race against it and you're able to drive straight through the vehicle. How can you download ghost data and actually fight against an opponent without it being too predictable? Does it have variable AI or the same AI with scripted moves every time you fight against it?

*Confused*
    With Ghost mode you basically record your fighting performance and then upload it via online servers, where others can gain access and see how they compare. Likewise, you can challenge other players and see how well you hold up. It's kind of awkward at first, but it works great.
    The Ghost merely tries to mimic your style. It's not perfect in every sense of the word by any means.
    For example, I'm finding that as I'm playing a ghost of myself, it does some of the combos and follow ups I often do, but other times, it can screw up juggles and attempt stuff that I'd never do as well. It also seems to throw a lot more than I do. It's weird. It's me (sort of), but it's not.

In any case, the ghost doesn't have that many matches and experience under it's belt. Things are bound to change as I fight with it more and more.

You can play against downloaded Ghosts (Or your own) randomly in Tekken Dojo and Arcade mode, but if you want to play against a downloaded ghost ONLY, then you have to complete Tekken Dojo mode to unlock Stage 0. That's the Stage where you'll be facing off against all downloaded Ghost Characters.

Here is how to download/upload other Ghosts to your PSP:
    _
    First download the param file needed to place in the Friends Ghost Folder here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/25304076/...ff001.zip.html

1. Make a folder named "ULJS00048GHOSTF'
    2. Download Yami's ghoststuff.zip and extract contents to "ULJS00048GHOSTF'
    3. Download friends' "PLAYERxx.GHO" files and put them in "ULJS00048GHOSTF'
    4. Rename "PLAYERxx.GHO" into "PERSONxx.GHO"

Here's how to upload Ghosts:

Navigate to a folder called "ULJS00048GHOSTM" and simply drag and drop your ".GHO" files onto your computer. Then upload them to your prefered uploading site.

With all that done, your all set. To check to see if everything worked out, start up the game and go to your profile menu. From there, scroll down and select the "Ghost List" option. You should now be able to successfully select the "Friends' Ghosts'" option in the "Ghost List" menu and view all your downloaded Ghost.

Bl@ck M@gic
    isn't there just a section in the game were you can select to upload your fighter or download others and then fight them whenever you want?

Also if you uploaad your ghost straight away after like only 1 fight, it will be crap right? but after every match will the ghost be automatically updated or will you have to upload your ghost agin?

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ck M@gic
    isn't there just a section in the game were you can select to upload your fighter or download others and then fight them whenever you want?
    Eh no...if you want to upload Ghosts from your friends, or from players around the world you will have to do it manually via PC.
    But if you have allready uploaded a Ghost you can fight against it in Stage 0. But you will have to complete Tekken Dojo to get it.

How to get Stage 0:
    1.)Beat all 3 stages on easy mode of Tekken Dojo
    or
    2.)Beat all 6 stages on normal mode of Tekken Dojo.

Then, go back to Tekken Dojo Mode and you should then see a place called "Stage 0" all the way on the left side of the screen on a tiny island. All fights within Stage 0 will consist of Ghost you downloaded only.
    (Note: Ghost from ghost packs will not be included.)

Also if you uploaad your ghost straight away after like only 1 fight, it will be crap right? but after every match will the ghost be automatically updated or will you have to upload your ghost agin?
    Yes it will be crap because the Ghost doesnt have much to record, lol.
    And the Ghost in your "My Ghosts" folder should automatically be updated whenever you save the game.

More info about the different type of Ghosts and Folders:

There are three Ghost folders that this game utilizes.
    (NOTE: These are Folders of the Japanese version, the NA and EU version both begin with different abbreviations)

1.)ULJS00048GHOSTM--This is where your ghost data of all the characters you use is stored

2.)ULJS00048GHOSTF--This is where all the ghost data you recieve either from trading with people or downloading ghost data off the internet is stored

3.)ULJS00048GHOSTA--This is where the ghost packs you're suppose to download through the psp's network are stored.

The Ghost Packs are merely a compilation of Ghost Data packed into one large file. Ghost packs are made and released from Namco themselves. Ghost packs are just a convienient way to add a whole lot of high level Ghost profiles to your Memory Stick all at once. That's basically what they're used for -- an extra challenge.

Bl@ck M@gic
    it came today and it's really good, already downloaded a few ghost packs

Dedicated Member

it came today and it's really good, already downloaded a few ghost packs
    Awesome.
    What do you think of the 2 new characters: Dragunov and Lili.

Forum Elder
    Why does it sound like trash cans falling over when they punch each other? Or maybe it's these crappy laptop speakers?
    Setup of a college gamer short on cash:
    20GB PS3 (with 160GB HDD), Acer 22" Monitor, Logitech Z-2300 speakers with harmon/kardon rear speakers connected to a Creative X-fi 5.1 card, Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel, and a ton of racing games with a few FPSes sprinkled in.

The Marvelous One
    Quote Originally Posted by razorblade416
    Why does it sound like trash cans falling over when they punch each other? Or maybe it's these crappy laptop speakers?
    I didn't think they sound like that.

The only audio problem I have is how the main menu guy says Hwoarang's name. Har-rong. That's stupid.

Veteran
    Are there any websites that I can download other people ghost form.

Dedicated Member

You should try Tekken Zaibatsu.

Bl@ck M@gic
    Quote Originally Posted by GoreTex
    What do you think of the 2 new characters: Dragunov and Lili.
    I haven't actually used them yet, mainly been using jin and amour king.

I have a few questions, are the items you are able to customize characters with from the beginning all the items you can use or do you unlock more customizable items as you progress throught the game?
    Also when you look through the command list a few of the moves have a little star listed as well as direction and face buttons as something you need to do, what do these stars represent?

Veteran
    thanks for the website, I really like it there. those ghost make the game much fun.

Bl@ck M@gic
    Can anyone please help me to completer the command attack mini game as i cant do it and it's pissing me off. I've got to round 8 but then cant do it. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!.

Also i cant do moves like
    hold down DOWN, hold down BOTTOM RIGHT DIAGONAL, tap RIGHT FOLLOWED BY CIRCLE etc

another question is it possible to customize Jin so he is just wearing trousers and what does the aura do apart from remove items your fighter is wearing?

Dedicated Member

- You can unlock more customizations as you progress further in the game.
    - Button combinations after a Star are meant to be executed very fast.
    - The aura doesn't do $#@!.
    - Jin in trousers = impossible.

And which move(s) do you have problems with?

The Marvelous One
    Lili isn't that good. Dragnuv is nice though.

Bl@ck M@gic
    And which move(s) do you have problems with?
    the moves i have problems with are the movs like this one: hold down DOWN, hold down BOTTOM RIGHT DIAGONAL, tap RIGHT FOLLOWED BY CIRCLE

Also have you completed a command attack with a fighter yet, if so can you give me any tips on how to complete one because i can't and it is pissing me off. Also do you have a world ranking yet?

Dedicated Member

the moves i have problems with are the movs like this one: hold down DOWN, hold down BOTTOM RIGHT DIAGONAL, tap RIGHT FOLLOWED BY CIRCLE

Also have you completed a command attack with a fighter yet, if so can you give me any tips on how to complete one because i can't and it is pissing me off. Also do you have a world ranking yet?
    Im not sure how to explain to you how to execute those moves via this board, but you shouldnt TAP on the directional buttons, but eh...slide on them. (LOL I don't know how to explain it, sorry).

Also have you completed a command attack with a fighter yet, if so can you give me any tips on how to complete one because i can't and it is pissing me off.
    You should practice all of the moves of your Character first in Practice Mode before you do the Command Attack Mode (Forgot the name).

If you complete Command Attack Mode, 5 times you will unlock the E3 2006 Trailer of Tekken: Dark Resurrection.

Bl@ck M@gic
    If you complete Command Attack Mode, 5 times
    5 TIMES!!, i'm just hoping to complete it once

is alex the raptor in the game
    PS3 and XBox360 and PSP funds lost track after i bought my PSP and now it is to hard to keep my money with a girlfriend so i guess i am going to have to wait till september 01 07

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derbucher
    is alex the raptor in the game
    Yes, he is.
    There are 2 new characters: Dragunov and Lili.

And Armor King is also back.

Superior Member
    How do you use Alex? I don't see him in the characters menu.

Tekken Elder
    When is it coming to Europe?
    The NID syndrome, LMAO indeed:
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO

Thread Information