Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Bl@ck M@gic
    1st sep. How do you use Kuma (the white bear), because when i select him i end up with the panda

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight's Creed View Post
    How do you use Alex? I don't see him in the characters menu.
    Sorry about that.
    I thought he was in the game, but he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ck M@gic View Post
    1st sep. How do you use Kuma (the white bear), because when i select him i end up with the panda
    Press Circle or Cross (I can't remember which on, sorry...LOL)

Bl@ck M@gic
    When choosing your fighter if you select it with square instead of X, the fighter will wear different clothes. For example amour king will be wearing amour and jin will just be wearing trousers

Dedicated Member

Yep, thats right.

Anyway did anyone of you guys complete Tekken Dojo yet?
    And what is the highest rank that you have with a character?

I have Bruce Irvin on Sage rank right now. (I'm going to make on hell of a tough GHOST with him)

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is one thread that has to be stickied...*goes off to get this thread stickied*

The Marvelous One
    Firefox owns. This thread now has a well deserved sticky.

I really like Armor King. He's much better than King IMO. He has some awesome moves. I have him at Master.

Apprentice

Anyone complete the dojos yet? I am stuck on the heaven dojo. I have have a tough time consistantly beating rajin +
    I miss my dreamcast.

chicken noodle soup...

Apprentice

A Solution for horrible PSP controls?

Hi, I've had a PSP for about a year now, and I've literally just started playing it. A game has (finally) come out that I find worth putting time into on the PSP: Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. I really like this game, but due to the PSP's castrated controls, I've reached a summit where in I cannot improve my skills with my preferred character any further.

(If you're not one for reading much, you can skip the next two paragraphs (as they are accessory) and go directly to my question in this post, which is bolded below.)

In the amateur competitions of Tekken, it was fine if one out of every three attempts to perform a certain manuever would yield some other, unintended one, and there was no penalty in taking your time to perform these maneuvers--ensuring each input would relay correctly. Likewise, one didn't need to be all that quick at blocking, dashing, or taking other evasive actions. Now, at the more difficult levels, this is not acceptable. You need to be extremely fast and impeccable in your game, but the PSP controls makes this nearly impossible.

Each button on the PSP has a varying level of resistance, and there is much ambiguity concerning when, or whether or not input transmission will occur from pressing a button (For instance, to perform an 'X' and 'O' combo with in Tekken, I need to press the 'O' button slightly before the 'X' button due to variations in resistance). In addition, the directional pad is extremely frustrating when utilized for peforming diagonals, also necessitating you apply excessive amounts of force. Such faults in control make an excellent game like Tekken frustrating beyond belief; I've literally almost thrown the PSP at one time or another during Tekken play. I've never gotten this angry at a game (and, at such a point, I would have usually just stopped playing the game in general) before, but the fact that it is the cheap PSP control design that is causing one of my most adored games to be unplayable infuriates me.

-----

So now I ask, Are there any PSP accessories that will aid in making the manipulation of the PSP controls bearable, and render a game like Tekken playable at the more difficult levels?

I believe I heard at one time or another that Street Fighter shipped with such an accessory. Anyhow, if there are competing products, comparisons of them is welcome. Compatibility with the Logitech Playgear Case is preferred.

Of course, I will be searching on my own for a product of this type.

Bl@ck M@gic
    When i went online a few days ago to download some ghosts sraight to my psp it said a tournament was starting today and finishing in a week. I haven't been on since but ill check it out soon and report back.

It said i had to improve my rank to enter the tournament, in which case i dont even have a world rank because of damn command attack

I don't know about Tekken specifically, but IMO PSP generally has great control. I really like the analog nub.

Apprentice

ur thum starts to ache after a while tho, you can get push on things that stop it tho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Marvelous One
    I have the same problem. Diagonals are very frustrating on Tekken DR.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I hear there is a way to make the diagonals work perfectly, but to do that, you have to risk the warranty.
    It has to be opened, and you had to put some pieces of rubber between two pieces, but i dont remember it that well...
    Try doing a google search for "fixing PSPs diagonals" and you will find the stuff on the go.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Apprentice
    some stores have a thing that you can put on the analog stick to make it bigger, if that would make it easier...or the redneck solution is to glue a piece of cardboard or plastic to the analog... but i wouldn't reccomend thatl ol
    i got me a ps3 biotch =)

Apprentice

i for one havent played a game long enough for my fingers to even get sore which is unfourtunate

Forum Elder
    yeah, like jmc is saying, you can add a "stick" on the analog button, making it bigger and easier to control.. i don't have a single problem with the controls though.. maybe you need more practice with the system?

Add me in PSN if you're from here. PSN ID: cmaranhao

Banned
    Easiest solution for the D-Pad. Tape or glue a quarter onto it. It works perfectly. If you don't believe me, try it.

Dedicated Member

it sometimes depends on the models my freind has his imported from japan and mine i got in uk (where i live) and his buttons require a little bit more pushing down if you know what i mean, to work. .
    PSN/Gamertag: darkwrld

the different pressure buttons is from wear. buttons you use more will feel softer. for me the X and O are even but Square and Triangle are stiff.
    I pre-ordered Tekke so I got this little package that came with a Tekken wristband, and a D-Pad attatchment just for what you are mentioning. you may want to check with your local Gamesotp to see if they have any left. I was playing Tekken alot today, using game sharing and I finally mastered the game so now im addicted. I agree this is the most fun on my PSP ever.

if you cant fin any of the Tekken D-Pads, there may be a 3rd party company that made one. Ill check for you.......

Dedicated Member

Thanx guys for making it a sticky!!

I updated my first post with loads of info for first-time Tekken: Dark Resurrection players.

Superior Member
    I think there's some kind of add-on to the D-pad that will the make the diagonal movement way easier. There's already one for Street Fighter for the PSP. Just not sure where to buy it.

Banned
    You really don't need to bother with those attachments.You can glue a quarter to the D-Pad. It's exactly the right size, and works perfectly. Use Elmers glue, so you can remove the quarter if you want to. Just use a q-tip that's been dabbed in water and wet the glue a bit. The quarter will come right off.

Apprentice

I've found the solution.

On ebay, a sellar named "edstarink" from Italy is selling D-Pad, Action button (X,O,[ ]), and 'L' and 'R' modifications. They are simply an extra film of material under the buttons, and they supposedly make them more responsive.

Reviews seem good. Waiting for mine to arrive.

Dedicated Member
    dont forget to come back! would be interested in hear first hand experiences!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wowza View Post
    I've found the solution.

On ebay, a sellar named "edstarink" from Italy is selling D-Pad, Action button (X,O,[ ]), and 'L' and 'R' modifications. They are simply an extra film of material under the buttons, and they supposedly make them more responsive.

Reviews seem good. Waiting for mine to arrive.
    I'm guessing with that you have to take apart your PSP, which voids your warranty.

Thread Information