Dedicated Member

Is your ps3 really slow?

My ps3 has been very slow recently. it keeps freezing when i go onto the internet and when i want to compare trophies is take bloody ges! Tis really annoys me as it takes up so much time. I still have around 20 gig left (40 gig ps3) and i dont know whats wrong with it. I play it alot so it gets hot but i dont know if thats the reason. Anyone else having the same problem?

My only thought could be that you could possibly have alot of friends and if thats not the case then, it could also be your internet connection, are you connected wireless or are you connected directly to the router or the directly connected to your modem, those are the only two things that i can think of at the moment, if anyone else has any other suggestions could you post them please, i was having this problem some time ago, but i had alot of buddies, then they released a firmware update and that fixed it.
    Television: Sony KDL40XBR5
    Receiver: Yamaha RXV-663
    Speaker System: Definitive Technology - Pro Cinema 800 Series

Dedicated Member
    i have a wireless connection
    and i have ALOT of friends

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Mine takes a while to but I'm used to it now. I think the trophy thing is slow for everyone.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Dedicated Member
    it not just the trophy thing. Its also when i write a message it take a while to load up the key pad. It never used to be like this
    or am i just very impationent?D

karbineftw
    Everything works pretty smooth on my end. Apart from the obvious trophy loading times. But the keypad thing? I have never heard of it loading slow. Try contacting sony and see what they can do about it. Rough estimate of time taken to load up the keypad?

Ultimate Veteran
    No significant problems here - the keypad issue should have been sorted with the last firmware update too!

I have about 70 Friends, which I've just culled down from ~95, but never really had any problems with the loading.

Like everyone else, the Trophy/Trophy Comparison screens take a while, but I guess that's to be expected - there's loads to sync!

AUSSIE RED FACTION: GUERRILLA CREW | AUSSIE GHOSTBUSTERS CREW

...There's never been a better time to be a gamer...

Dedicated Member
    i is slow sometimes, but i think it is because i have a wireless hookup. if more than one person is online at your house at the same time that can slow it down. i know i use to play at my friends house and we would have 3 ps3's hooked up working fine and as soon as someone else got on a laptop the ps3s would start to lag like crazy. the trophies thing always takes awhile, you if you arent comparing make yourself a game card thing on playfire, then you can see what level you are and how many trophies you have, after you update it. another thing make sure your hdd isnt full of crap, i dont know if that would effect anything or not, but i would delete some stuff you dont need

quit looking at pr0n

problem solved.

Bugs Bunny: "Whats this? A joint?" ->Proof he said it<-

Lunar_Chaos
    Quote Originally Posted by McGriddles View Post
    quit looking at pr0n

problem solved.
    Stop posting videos of yourself online then!

Dedicated Member
    Until people starting talking in actual times here. No one is ever going to figure out if the OPs Ps3 is slow or he is just impatient.

Whats slow for one is not slow to another.

My Trophies load up with 10 seconds. Is that slow? Dont know but at least you have a figure to compare yours to now.

Dedicated Member

Might know your issue.

If you have quite alot on HDD it can slow things Down.

If I remember things went wrong on mine even caused a freeze when I got beyond 75% HDD used.

I now make sure I dont go over more than 50% like I do with my HDD in the PC

As it looks like the same issue as PC's have with an HDD the more you go over half the HDD used your PC gets more and more sluggish. Till at a point it starts effecting operationg reliability.

The thumbnail was always double the HDD capacity you really need so you had that buffer. I wonder if Sony took this in consideration in its building ps3's the way HDD act.

Thread Information