Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Not alien trilogy or jumping flash.
    And winter came, to hide the sun behind the grey,
    the weeks slowed. What's done is done is done.

Apprentice
    Dude I know how you feel. I remember when there was one ps1 game I wanted but could never remember what it was. Turns out it was Vib Ribbon and its pretty much one of the rarest ps1 games ever. I'm still looking for it to this day, but there are only japanese versions. Iv even tried downloading it but had no luck with an emulator.

As for best game ever, I'd have to say Jazz Jack Rabbit wins :P

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by heash View Post
    Dude I know how you feel. I remember when there was one ps1 game I wanted but could never remember what it was. Turns out it was Vib Ribbon and its pretty much one of the rarest ps1 games ever. I'm still looking for it to this day, but there are only japanese versions. Iv even tried downloading it but had no luck with an emulator.

Yea, I remember playing all these games but I can't remember how.. Now I just wanna play them all again.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    If I ever forgot the name of FF7 I'd kill myself

But no - the name stuck well after that awesomeness!

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by heash View Post

Yeah i rented vib ribbon. Its not one of the rarest though. Not for Europe anyway, maybe for USA

Master Sage
    Would it be Overblood 2?

I can't remember the exact details of that game, but I vaguely remember the beginning and it matches your description. Not perfectly, but around 70%.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

nope not overblood
    25characters

Superior Member
    Grrrr I really want to know the answer to the OP's question , this the first time I have seen this thread and so disappointed to get to bottom with no resolution , cmon Playstation geeks bang heads and lets get the answer .
    Got to say my original thought was Abe's Odyysey but you blew that one out the water when you said an fps type game. hmmmmm......

Forum Sage
    If anything can help, heres a BIG dose of it, Its not Overblood 2, but its an Overblood Article i found on WIkipedia!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia!!

Overblood is a video game series developed by Riverhillsoft and published by Electronic Arts for the PlayStation. Its gameplay is partially survival horror and partially adventure, but always sci fi.

[edit] Plot

The player controls Raz Karcy, who wakes up from a cryogenic sleep in a deserted and freezing lab due to a system malfunction. He has no memory of who he is or why he is there. The player must explore the lab, solving puzzles and defeating enemies to uncover the mysteries about the base and himself.After meeting a small beeping robot he names Pipo he discovers that he was meant to be frozen for eternity before being prematurely unfrozen.After exploring the dilapited base he soon becomes infected by a disease which is turning his skin green and scaly.After being alerted to a woman screaming he he is confronted by a green scaled mutants which he kills after Pipo is destroyed.Soon he finds a female survivor who accompanies him on his journey for answers. When they are separted Raz finds a computer the mutants and his infection are the result of an artificial virus that changes the host DNA and then kills it with 100% mortality rate.It is revealed that the virus was female survivor,Milly Azray was a geneticist who created the virus originally to improve the human immune system and longevity of life but was taken over by the military to create "super soldiers" before the virus went awry.Later on after stumbling onto Millys laptop finding her letter of protest concerning the military presence and discovers her involvment in the production of the virus which can wipe the host memory clean.After confronting her about it she maintains she cannot remember writing it.Soon Raz succumbs to the virus and mutates and chases Milly but is knocked out.After clearing the virus from Raz's system in a lab the duo soon come across a data disk with a video file which they play in a small computer room and fnd that an earthquake released Raz and the mutants.A second video file reveals that Milly is a clone just like Rez she admits that she remembers everything before the original Milly died.Then a man that looks like Raz revealing that he is the original Millys wife.After traversing a cavern Milly and Rez are separated during a scuffle involving a mutant and Millys husband.A confrontation between Millies husband and Rez which reveals the protagonist as being only a clone of Millies husband the real Raz Karcy whos is confronted by Milly only to soon mutate into a successful reptilian "super soldier"(showing he isnt the real Raz at all).After the player kills the mutated Raz, they escape in the elavator only to be atacked by the mutated Raz who is shot down.Before escaping in a jet the mutant is defeated one last time and the protagonist escapes just before the base explodes.

[edit] Sequels

* Overblood 2: The sequel to the first game. The year is 2115 in the city of East Edge. Your character, Acano Brandi, has arrived in the city to compete in "Junk Blading". Trying to do a good deed, he helps an old man when he is attacked at the heliport. Little does he know he's going to play a major role in the planet's future. This installment of the series was never released in North America.

* In episode 6 of its second series, the online TV show Consolevania aired fake footage from Microsoft's E3 conference, apparently confirming the existence of Overblood 3.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eon-Overblood-2-PS/dp/B00005B8FJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1228259428&sr= 8-1]GET OVERBLOOD 2 HERE ON AMAZON.CO.UK[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by MinerWilly View Post
    Grrrr I really want to know the answer to the OP's question , this the first time I have seen this thread and so disappointed to get to bottom with no resolution , cmon Playstation geeks bang heads and lets get the answer .
    Got to say my original thought was Abe's Odyysey but you blew that one out the water when you said an fps type game. hmmmmm......

by the way its not fps, its third person action like medievil sort of thing.

Superior Member
    do you know , by chance, who published/developed the game?

Superior Member
    im not good in guessing but are you preferring to silent hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Tezy View Post
    do you know , by chance, who published/developed the game?
    i have nooo idea sorry :/
    and nope not silent hill.

Superior Member
    wow still no luck.... i searched google forever with no avail
    my other guess was pikmin but thats game cube

PSN ID MurphANDderl
    xboxlive: derlwaller

That Band Is Awful
    PSN ID
    pasta_fire
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    ReLoaded is better. I've only played the sequal.
    ReLoaded is tight. I had it for PC and it was awesome.

A7X_Elite_6661
    Was it Alien Shooter: Vengeance?

Here's a youtube video link.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUhx-fh3gAg"]YouTube - Alien Shooter: Vengeance[/ame]

I know im bringing up a very very dead topic, but incase the OP comes back and ever looks, the game you're looking for is called Attack of the saucerman, I too have been looking for this game for year upon years, and I have finally found it ^_^

Thanks Zanarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarchy View Post
    I know im bringing up a very very dead topic, but incase the OP comes back and ever looks, the game you're looking for is called Attack of the saucerman, I too have been looking for this game for year upon years, and I have finally found it ^_^
    Wow, you are so great!!, I was looking for this game long time ago too, 'salad fingers' I hope you read this soon. ^_^

There is a game called Area 51, but that's PS2

The only thing that springs to mind is one of the Oddworld games...

PSN ID
    VoteForSOCOM1HD
    Wondering if anyone could help me. Looking for a Final Fantasy style game where you have 3-4 guys that go up against random monsters (the premise, right? haha).

I only had the demo on a disc and you started off in a small village by the beach that was gated. Eventually in the demo, the fog (something like that) bursts through the wall and you start fighting. Not really specific haha...it was a decade ago haha.
    VOTE FOR SOCOM 1 HD. PLEASE! Click the link below, sign into your PSN Account, and click the green arrow. If you're really gonna go out of your way and log in just to click the red arrow...Don't bother.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com...26/socom-1-hd/

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by VoteForSOCOM1HD View Post
    Wondering if anyone could help me. Looking for a Final Fantasy style game where you have 3-4 guys that go up against random monsters (the premise, right? haha).

I only had the demo on a disc and you started off in a small village by the beach that was gated. Eventually in the demo, the fog (something like that) bursts through the wall and you start fighting. Not really specific haha...it was a decade ago haha.
    It's Legend Of Legaia. It's the first game I thought of when I read your description, but I wasn't completely sure, so I dug out my old OPM demo discs from the 90's and played it on my PS3. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that game! The odd combo-based battle was different for an RPG. I wish I had the disc to play, I went through Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy IX not too long ago and had a PS1 blast.

thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarchy View Post
    thank god i came to this site!!! i've been looking for this game for the last 6 years!!! i'm really happy for this, OP and you just made my day

Thread Information