Thread: The Great Dark.

Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

The Great Dark.

Alright, I thought I'd share this with you all because, in my opinion, I think it's very interesting. This is just one of many concept design visuals for his upcoming movie, The Great Dark. There are more of these videos on his Youtube channel.

I am currently working on my first feature length independent film called 'The Great Dark' which will feature the Los Roques UFO (a much more dramatic and FRIGHTENING version) in a story of earth, heaven, hell and man's salvation. The screen play is complete and now I am embarking on the task of funding. This film will be submitted to the festivals in 2010. For more information and updates visit my site at www.manbirdproductions.com
    EDIT: Here is some more information taken straight from his website.

The Great Dark, the day when billions of UFO's covered the entire earth, shrouding it in darkness. Millions will panic, some will kill themselves, others will attempt to fight back. Yet most of the world will stop in their tracks and admist the looming death above them, attempt to accept the inevitable.

Nolan Parks was one of the millions who had spent the majority of their lives involved in works many would deem destructive and evil. Nolan Parks was a famed engineer, who had invented a chemical agent that would increase oil production 10 fold and revolutionize the oil industry and the World, while unknowingly causing severe and irreparable damage onto the bedrock onto which it was poured. Many have died in the exploitation of this agent. Unable to bear his extreme burden of guilt any longer, he decides to put an end to the catastrophic global damage his creation had caused. However, this day would force him to question whether or not his efforts were in vain.

A Christian, devoted husband and father, Noland struggles to comprehend the reason why these visitors are here. Could these millions of monstrosities accompanied by billions of smaller craft be here to bring an end to life on Earth? Or could there be another reason these crafts have darkened the skies.....?

Mortally afraid of what he might see beyond the boundaries of his home town, Noland is forced to deal with the chaos unfolding in a town shaken to its core with fear and panic, while coming to terms with his own beliefs and prophetic nature of his circumstances.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-27-2014 at 00:43. Reason: Fix link.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

pretty sweet i wonder how he does it

Forum Sage

DAYUM! That is pretty sweet. The talent is there without a doubt so I hope he gets the funding he wants and needs to make this film happen. I'll definitely keep an eye out for this.

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    That looks great, must of taken ages to do all that. I think I'll subscribe to him and keep updated

Power Member
    Not bad. The mother ship's actual model is kind of "Meh" and it jumps around a bit on the screen as it's moving farther away from the camera-

But this guy is clearly good, liked the music and the effort that went into the "Steam beam" and the blast.

This is the sort of stuff that gets you into any CGI\Game company you want lol. If he keeps up with this and adds it all to his portfolio..

Veteran
    Nice work there. Pretty sweet visuals.

Selected Members Council
    Here is an interesting read from his website on his work, which I added to the original post.

The Great Dark, the day when billions of UFO's covered the entire earth, shrouding it in darkness. Millions will panic, some will kill themselves, others will attempt to fight back. Yet most of the world will stop in their tracks and admist the looming death above them, attempt to accept the inevitable.

Nolan Parks was one of the millions who had spent the majority of their lives involved in works many would deem destructive and evil. Nolan Parks was a famed engineer, who had invented a chemical agent that would increase oil production 10 fold and revolutionize the oil industry and the World, while unknowingly causing severe and irreparable damage onto the bedrock onto which it was poured. Many have died in the exploitation of this agent. Unable to bear his extreme burden of guilt any longer, he decides to put an end to the catastrophic global damage his creation had caused. However, this day would force him to question whether or not his efforts were in vain.

A Christian, devoted husband and father, Noland struggles to comprehend the reason why these visitors are here. Could these millions of monstrosities accompanied by billions of smaller craft be here to bring an end to life on Earth? Or could there be another reason these crafts have darkened the skies.....?

Mortally afraid of what he might see beyond the boundaries of his home town, Noland is forced to deal with the chaos unfolding in a town shaken to its core with fear and panic, while coming to terms with his own beliefs and prophetic nature of his circumstances.
    http://www.manbirdproductions.com/
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

!! Watch Your Step !!
    Items Final Fantasy VIIPlayStationPS3 Slim
    very nice, interesting, thanks for posting it. + rep
    Now Playing: PS4!!!!

Join us for some online LOLZ - The BnW Clan est. 2008

Apprentice
    That was very cool, I liked the epicness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know this is an old thread. YEARS old. However, I wanted to thank you anyway and reply to you to let you know that the movie is still in the works. 'The Great Dark' scifi thriller http://www.manbirdproductions.com

Thread Information