Super Elite

Pre-E3 2006: Enter The Darkness *56K and Violence Warning*

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/704/704524p1.html

IGN: What is it like to program and design the game for Xbox 360 versus the PlayStation 3? We're not looking to start a blood war here. We're more interested in what it's like to program for each, and what each one's strengths and weaknesses seem to be? Also, how do you foresee the two versions differing in the final product visually, gameplay-wise, sound wise?

Magnus H÷gdahl: The PS3 will have a content size advantage with blu-ray and a CPU advantage for titles that are able to utilize a lot of the SPUs. The Xbox360 has a slight GPU advantage and its general purpose triple-core CPU is relatively easy to utilize compared to SPUs. I expect that it will be near impossible to tell Xbox360 and PS3 screenshots apart.
    Does this mean the 360 isn't that easier to develop for as boasted?

Anyhow, seeing that Chronicles of Rid$#@! was one of the best (looking) games for the XBox, I see lots of fun to be had with The Darkness

Here are the new screenshots/artworks found on 1up.com

I added some high quality screens. ~ PBM ~

Elite Guru
    I'm interested morely in why it say the Xbox 360 has a slight GPU advantage? Isn't RSX suppose to be a hell of a lot better than Xenon or whatever it's called?

Super Elite
    I think it's a fact that Xenon is slightly better than the RSX, but Cell will more than make up for that.

If you want to discuss this, go to the 360 forum. This thread should be for people who are interested in the GAME.
    Street Fighter? Tekken? Soul Calibur? Bleh! My Brute > * hehe

http://tonyhomo.mybrute.com/

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Itaintrite
    I think it's a fact that Xenon is slightly better than the RSX, but Cell will more than make up for that.

If you want to discuss this, go to the 360 forum. This thread should be for people who are interested in the GAME.
    Well, I am interested in the game, but I said that cause thats the only developer I've heard even say that.

40s

Re: Pre-E3 2006: Enter The Darkness

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/704/704524p1.html

IGN: What is it like to program and design the game for Xbox 360 versus the PlayStation 3? We're not looking to start a blood war here. We're more interested in what it's like to program for each, and what each one's strengths and weaknesses seem to be? Also, how do you foresee the two versions differing in the final product visually, gameplay-wise, sound wise?

Magnus H÷gdahl: The PS3 will have a content size advantage with blu-ray and a CPU advantage for titles that are able to utilize a lot of the SPUs. The Xbox360 has a slight GPU advantage and its general purpose triple-core CPU is relatively easy to utilize compared to SPUs. I expect that it will be near impossible to tell Xbox360 and PS3 screenshots apart.
    Does this mean the 360 isn't that easier to develop for as boasted?
    That's true relatively mean in relation to the PS3. So the 360 could be 16x harder to program for than the original Xbox, but that also means that the PS3 will be harder to program for by 17x or more. So either way he's saying the PS3 is the hardest consul to program for (assuming the Wii is a piece of cake) which ain't a good thing. But developers made due with the PS2 so I imagine that won't be a huge problem.

It may be a + for the 360 but I don't think it's a - for the PS3.

And if you really wanted to talk only about the game you wouldn't have quoted that interview question. But I agree with you that the game looks pretty boss, although it's going to be an obvious target for violence critics.

Forum Elder

Any game that carries violence or autority figures being defaeted will be

I only fore see the petty bi***ing getting far worse this time from the likes of Jack and his cronies...
    "For though we may pledge fanboy alliegances to different flags, we all have one master...one king and his name is gaming! FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!" Kevin Butler, E3 2010 Sony press conference

Master Guru
    Well the one system has a slight GPU advantage mainly cause its unified and they can balance the resources,pixel/vertex.And the other has a Major CPU advantage.

But from his comment i understood that they wont utilize the SPUs or they will offer a limited utilisation...So the games will look and possible play the same.It was expected though its a multiplatform game.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm not quite sure what to make of this. The best games shines last gen because developers put a lot of work in the graphics engines. The hardware will only take you as far as you're willing to exploit it. I think a cross-platform developer has a certain amount of license to give an honest opinion in these matters, but at the same time there are plenty of development studios that are making different versions of their games for the PS3 and XBox 360 like the new Gundam game and Armored Core 4 as well.

I wonder if the Darkness will be different on their respective systems or if it will be a direct port. I also wonder if there is at least a certain motivation for a developer that doesnt make exclusive versions of a game to try to blurr the line a little bit between the consoles to make their work seem adequate. Whatever the case may be, the game looks

really
    damn
    good!

So I look forward to playing it, whatever the case may be about the consoles respective to each other.

I think multiplatform games will not show all the potential for PS3 or Xbox360. Exclusive games will make the difference. I'm so excited to see the E3 demos ...
    only 4 days to go...

Apprentice

aren't the fianl dev kits for the ps3 going to be released in July, so maybe he's comparing the current dev kits with the x360 GPU. wasn't there a rumour that the RSX is a 7900 archi. i think the reason he's saying that the x360 is easier to program for is because it is design is supports the traditional model of programming. i mean game programmers are more accustomed to using threads rather than multi-processing. so that could account for his comment. also since this archi is more closer to the PC architecture pc devs like Carmack prefer the x360 over the ps3 because it represents know territory to them.

this game seems interesting. just hope they bring something new to the fps genre.
    'You didn't just see two men go through upside down on a broomstick, shouting and screaming at each other, did you?'
    The boy looked at him levelly. 'Certainly not,' he said.
    The old man heaved a sigh of relief. 'Thank goodness for that,' he said. 'Neither did I.' Terry Pratchett ( Discworld)

Super Elite
    Updated original post to include new screenshots.

Forum Sage
    lets just please talk about the game. I cant stand these tech talks anymore. I dont care what the gpu is supposed to be half of it was all made up rumours of people on here saying its like a 7900 gtx with no backup really apart frrom false diagrams.

so what if the ATi card is better PS3 has cell so its all gravy!!!

THis does look sweet
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Apprentice

you can also see somne concept art here http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67305
    PS3 saved, 427$ Aus

This looks a little toned down from the original screens. And the final ps3 dev kits arnt out yet are they? So why is he passing judgment so quickly?

Administrator
    I added new high quality screens to this thread.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by thabesttodoit
    This looks a little toned down from the original screens. And the final ps3 dev kits arnt out yet are they? So why is he passing judgment so quickly?
    I'm guessing the new screenshots lost some quality when they were downsized by 1up.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by thabesttodoit
    I'm guessing the new screenshots lost some quality when they were downsized by 1up.
    They did...a lot...which is why I added the new screens.

Super Elite
    The high quality screens you posted are actually relatively old. They were released a few days ago.

Administrator
    The high quality screens you posted are actually relatively old. They were released a few days ago.
    Oh yes...a few days ago. That's ancient. o.O In all seriousness I was just trying to compare the two. The new ones you posted are a bit blurry, are low quality, and are small.

Beautiful, gorgeous graphics.

EDIT: Gorgeous, Gorgeous graphics(5 word rule) :P

Superior Member

Thread Information