Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

burnout 4 or gran turismo 4

i have gt3 and burnout 3 i like them both i just don't which one to get gt4 or burnout 4. i like action as much as realism...

Forum Elder
    if you can't get both just buy gt4.. burnout 4 is very similar to burnout 3.. that doesn't happen with gt4, the game is unique so go for it

Add me in PSN if you're from here. PSN ID: cmaranhao

Master Sage
    well either you like real type racing or you like hardcore crashes. gt4 lasts a very VERY long time, and to me a little more challenging. burnout is more arcadish and goes by fast. hard choice but go with your gut, GET BOTH

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Master Poster

In my opinion Burnout Revenge stinks, the cars feel the same throught most of the game, it's only in Chrash they are different and that mode is a lot worse than in Burnout 2 anyway. And there isn't really anyone playing online in it anymore, so that doesn't really help it in the replay value...
    I'll say go for GT4

Master Guru
    I say go with GT4 because it has longer gameplay and real cars and hundreds more cars than Burnout, I use to like burnout but not anymore. it too boring after 5-6 races. I say rent Burnout but buy GT4, you will enjoy it more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    burnout for me, never been a fan of the whole gt side of things

Super Elite

PSN ID
    chainclutch
    it really depends on your taste.. if your looking for something towards realism like GT3 then certainly go with GT4.. personally i think GT4 is just like GT3 but more refresh, refined version with much improved graphics and gameplay...

burnout revenge(burnout4) is pretty much also identical to burnout 3:take down with more refined stuff and slightly improved graphics.. if you want something arcady then certainly go with burnout revenge..

but in the end heck you WILL want to have both, theres no question!.. so all you have to do is ditch GT3 and burnout 3(eb store credits lol) and get GT4 AND burnout revenge.. both are "greatest hits" if im not mistaken..i know GT4 is for sure so thats only $19.99...plus some store credit for your GT3 and burnout 3 heck you might even just find GT4 and/or burnout revenged preplayed for less then $19.99.. so in the long run what are you still doing on here, get to EB NOW!!! lol

Superior Member
    Burnout is an Arcade type game. Gran turismo is a simulation type game. That should answer your question.

AJJets107
    To me I would pick Gran Turismo 4 but since you like chrashing games get Burnout. It is your choice.

I'm loving chraching games, so i picked Burnout...real good play...!!!! AND FUNNY!!! (like me *gg*) sorry...
    Sandy

.ElemenT.
    Burnout 4 is extremely fun but does not last nearly as long as GT4. Both are really cheap now so I would just get both.

my advice: if u decide to get GT4 wait a little while for the online version. unless u dont play online. but a racing game like gt4 is worthless nowadays imo if it duznt have online. i dont like the new racing games of today like burnout, and NfS: most wanted. i wont give those types of games my $. but i really wanted GT4, but i had to refuse to buy it cuz polyphany cheaped out, and ddnt add online play.

I'd say go for burnout 4 because it's better because you get to crash cars but, i've never played GT4 anyway so go for burnout 4

I would say burnout 4 I think it is far more addictive .(just my opinion.)

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    burnout no question. GT is no fun at all. burnout is just a blast

yeah I agree , not trying to flame or anything but I just didn't like GT at all . I guess I am not one for realism.

For anyone who knows anything about cars they would buy GT4, those who are oblivious to the scene would get burnout. I have both!

Forum Guru
    For anyone who knows anything about cars they would buy GT4
    What has if you know anything about cars got to do with it ??
    It depends on your prefered taste in games ??

But personally i would get GT4 as it is a long lasting game, their is a ton of cars, and its really good.

When you smoke the herb you reveal yourself to yourself - Bob Marley R.I.P

i would say burnout 4, i have gt4 and bo4 but i like bo4 better.
    Your signature is too big. The maximum signature dimensions are 480x80 pixels and 28KB. Please read the rules ~ Lp Chris XII

cant stand me? sit down. you trippin? tie your shoes.
    ps3 funds $670 Games fund $1,350 hdtv funding $9,500

you dont like games like need for speed most wanted, or midnight club 3?
    Your signature is too big. The maximum signature dimensions are 480x80 pixels and 28KB. Please read the rules ~ Lp Chris XII

cant stand me? sit down. you trippin? tie your shoes.
    ps3 funds $670 Games fund $1,350 hdtv funding $9,500

The Marvelous One
    Midnight club is bogus. It hasn't been good since MC 2 with that batman looking car. Dayum that thing hits 600 mph.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    MC3 was a great game man. I'll leave that for another day.

As for GT4 vs. BO4 I got into GT with GT3 same goes for BO3 but, Burnout3 got boring. I'm never playing a Burnout game again cause once you've played one you've played them all. As for GT that's not the case (for me that is) I mean with probably over 1000 cars in GT4 it could never get boring (BTW there are secret cars in the GT4 game) also they have over 50 tracks over 100 if you race in reverse.

You know my choice would be GT4 ftw it may be old but, its still very fun.
    As for the poster who said GT4 is boring cause it has no online that's BS.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    I'd go with Burnout 4 without a question. However it's wether or not you like crash's and very fast paced games. If you like a very fast racing game, Burnout is for you. If you want a realism type game that isn't crazy, GT4 is for you. GT4 has a huge amount of gameplay.

I read this thread and I'm hearing some things about Burnout that just aren't true. People are saying it gets boring after 6-7 races?? Give me a break, I've had the game for 7 months and I'm not bored of it.

ok heres my thoughts..

gt4

is the REAL simulator and is a real challenge to get to grips to driving, very realistic and takes a real skilled gamer to pwn at this game so its not really the right for ppl new to race games.

burnout revenge

right, easier to get to grips with driving , so a good starter for n00bs but still takes time to get better
    My FiSh DiEd...................It DrOwNeD rofl lol lol

^^
    True, GT4 is a real challenge. Its been stated since the relese of GT1 - Its the Best Driving Simulator. The question is, do you want to run into people and get "boost" points or do you want to fully customize a "real" car and race it around "real" tracks like Laguna Seca.
    Traitor*Outlaw
    PSP---> (+.[___]:)

Thread Information