Superior Member

Adjustable PS3 screen size??

I can't find a way on my PS3 anywhere.

It sure seems that there should be a way to adjust the vertical and horizontal size on the PS3.

My widescreen HDTV has these settings, but they have to be done by taking the back cover off and messing with adjustments on the circuit board. So that route is rather complex.

Is there not any way if making these adjustments on the PS3 as some games I cannot see stuff at the very edges of the screen and I'd like to shorten the vert and horiz size a little. I am using a HDMI connection and have the PS3 set at optimum settings at 1080i as my TV is a 1080i HDTV.. is that makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

- Zaxx

Same Probelm - Little Big Planet

I just hooked up my new ps3 to a new panasonic 46" hdtv. when playing little big planet, i lost about 1.5 inches of the game on all sides.

Apprentice
    It seems to be game specific as far as settings, I can't find anything within PS3 itself. I have the same problem.
    'One day patriotic thugs will dance to songs of justice and give apologies for immeasurably acted perfection'

This isn't an issue with the PS3, it's an overscan issue with the TVs. Some games allow you to tweak this from the PS3 end, but it's not available from the XMB.

I also have a similar problem. I cannot see things at the bottom, top and sides of the screen. I am using the usual AV cable, white and yellow on an old TV. Can somebody please tell me what settings I should use? Cheers.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nearly all games have the option to do this. Usually in the options > video sections. I myself have to do it for most games.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Dedicated Member
    that is really wierd my tv has never done that, and no 1080i has nothing to do with it. i would say it is the game you are playing.

Elite Guru
    Games like warhawk would do this to me, but luckily it had a resizing option. It was either way to big or way to small for the screen.

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
    | Windows 7 x64 | Onkyo HT-S3100 5.1

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mct View Post
    I just hooked up my new ps3 to a new panasonic 46" hdtv. when playing little big planet, i lost about 1.5 inches of the game on all sides.
    I also experienced it but like VintageElise said go into the display options and reduce the screen size. Hope it helps

How do you change the screen size in the settings? I can only find something that says 4:3 or 16:9, and neither work?

18days
    I also have this problem on little big planet. It is definitely a PSŁ problem as i have four user accounts on my PS3 and it is only my profile that is affected.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem. I would rather not have to delete my profile & start again.

Does anyone have any issues with flash framerates, I'm usint a 42" TV with HDMI in 1080p.

Flash frame rates are really low, I can't play any content on newgrounds or armor games because frame rates just grind to 1-2 fps.

I've searched around and no one else seems to be having this issue but I don't see how it can just be me with the problem.

My ps3 is fully patched up. Any advice would be much appreciated. I would start my own thread but can't until I've posted 25 replys to other posts.

Apprentice

Does this happen on any sort of screen technology (LCD, Plasma, DLP, CRT) or just some technologies?

1lyi1
    This is overscan, change your TV settings.

Thread Information