Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    I dont know about the amount of Fund they made but bring out SoA2 will prove big. Then again this gen has realy falling huge. VC is a great game an ppl overlook at it.

If ur giving it 9 out of 10... by my rating i give it 9.6 out of 10.
    PS3 60GB R.I.P Born Dec/17/07 Died in Nov 25/09
    WKC blog http://wkcinfo.blogspot.com/2008/12/...anslation.html
    Himeko Katagiri and Ayumu Kasuga aka Osaka dancing

Forum Elder
    So what's the benefit of donating money to the newspaper girl? Also, do you guys use the "orders" and do they cost turns?

Oh and I have to say Leon from the R&D facility is the biggest ********* in the game......"Here you go Bro!!" Shut your stupid face already!!

FPSTPS
    this game will become an ICO for the future and is an amazing game i have to honestly say i have really broaderned my gaming horizon this Gen

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercetti View Post
    So what's the benefit of donating money to the newspaper girl? Also, do you guys use the "orders" and do they cost turns?

Oh and I have to say Leon from the R&D facility is the biggest ********* in the game......"Here you go Bro!!" Shut your stupid face already!!
    You get extra reports with more story scenes and missions by paying her, you can find them by flicking back through book mode. There's some awesome extra backstory in those missions so be sure to do them ^^

Elite Guru
    Like I said many times, if you like the art style buy it.
    It's my personaly best game of the year.

Panasonic TH-42PY800AZ, Onkyo TX-SR606 (black) , Polk RTi6
    PS3 60GB (JP) , 360 Pre 20GB (JP)

Elite Guru
    It's a SRPG a with JRPG mentality. Western style SRPGs rarely deal with the interpersonal relationships of the characters, they're all just muscle head usually. But the Japanese way is always to tell a story about people with the battles being a back drop. So in this sense it IS very much like a JRPG. the only real difference here is the lack of a "giant sword" carrying hero with wild hair.

Ultimately I dont think that VC's problem is what it was so much as WHEN it was. The game dropped in the middle of a dozen hardcore action games, it's hard to stand out even as a strategy game when you're a fairly mild toned game with a mildly style graphics engine (as great as it is, the hand drawn look is something people seem to have a problem with occasionaly) amidst a sea of blood, guts and testosterone, it's the same reason LBP suffered. It's a great game that anyone should be able to play, it's not about whether there's an S or a J in it's description.

bolistik
    will i enjoy this game if the only RPG games that i like are the Final Fantasies and Mario RPG?? Someone local wants to trade my Madden 09 for his Valkyria Chronicles.

what to do? what to do?

Forum Elder
    Maybe I just suck, but my grades for some of the battles aren't good. I was doing well in the first few episodes (mostly B's and a few C's).

But when I went through Chapters 6 and 7, I got only D's. I thought I was doing well in these battles, because no one would die and I'd occupy the Imperials base as quickly as possible. And I assume the game is only going to get harder......ugh

Beware the Bomb-Head!
    I already posted this in the bargain games thread but thought it might be good to post it here too as it might reach the right audience! VC is on sale in Gamestation shops for 19.99 right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by no1kevlin View Post
    I already posted this in the bargain games thread but thought it might be good to post it here too as it might reach the right audience! VC is on sale in Gamestation shops for 19.99 right now.
    People should be all running to gamestation at that price, what a steal.

[MGS4 Emblem: Big Boss]
    XBL - Ez Inc
    Yakuza 3 - Please people support awesome games and BUY this, its better than GTA!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by no1kevlin View Post
    When I saw it at 20 I instantly got it I had the 35 to buy it that day was going to get it from GAME but saw it at GS for 20 was really happy and as I said in my 1st post the sales staff member said it's been selling like crazy that week alone as I told him it was the last copy he wasn't happy. He was interested in it and I referred him to the demo I did say it's only 1 level practically training bascially and not to judge it on that alone as I said I've played the demo and the full game at my friends and the full game is beyound what the demo offers so he was defo going to look at it.

My friend as been on it all week I went round to see his tank and the parts change to it it was awesome massive tank wheels and the main cannon was crazy looked like it could fire a rail gun shot lol. I'm up to chapter 5 now and I am fightin loads of skirmishes to get more levels up still great fun I am hoping for the content next year to come to the Uk and this game would be even better with trophies. And if they do I hope they aint retroactive it'll give me a more reasons to re-play it again and again I'm telling ya people GET THIS GAME dont judge it by its graphics judge by it's story, characterization and the battle system much more.

By the way does anyone know hw much this sold in the EU/Uk regions alone it didn't sell well in the US and I hope SEGA don't use that to make it multi platform should they choose too it should exclusive if they create a sequal I would say the poor sales in the US where because of what else was on release that week.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Super Elite
    The story in this game is really good. Don't want to spoil anything, but man I just watched a very moving scene. I can't wait to see what happens next.
    Valkryia Chronicles is wonderful.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by geostar View Post
    The story in this game is really good. Don't want to spoil anything, but man I just watched a very moving scene. I can't wait to see what happens next.
    Let me guess.... chapter 11 ?

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulayman View Post
    Let me guess.... chapter 11 ?
    Yep. Surprised me.
    Valkryia Chronicles is wonderful.

Apprentice
    For those trying to get high grades - my advice is just try it the 2nd time around. For the first playthrough, enjoy the strategy involved and don't get too concerned if you get a C or D from the battle. Enjoy the story cos, to me, that was the greatest asset of this game - it's awesome to see how the characters developed and grew.

2nd playthrough, then, concentrate on the strategy. Btw, a few medals can only be gotten through the 2nd play.

BD Movies: PotC: 1 & 2 | Harry Potter 1, 2, 3 & 4 | Spiderman Trilogy | Black Hawk Down | 300 | Underworld | Alien vs Predator | Fantastic Four: RotSS | House of Flying Daggers | The Departed | Bladerunner | Appleseed: Ex Machina | A Knight's Tale | Resident Evil Trilogy | Full Metal Jacket | Unforgiven

All-Knowing RPG Tyrant
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi Uk View Post
    When I saw it at 20 I instantly got it I had the 35 to buy it that day was going to get it from GAME but saw it at GS for 20 was really happy and as I said in my 1st post the sales staff member said it's been selling like crazy that week alone as I told him it was the last copy he wasn't happy. He was interested in it and I referred him to the demo I did say it's only 1 level practically training bascially and not to judge it on that alone as I said I've played the demo and the full game at my friends and the full game is beyound what the demo offers so he was defo going to look at it.

My friend as been on it all week I went round to see his tank and the parts change to it it was awesome massive tank wheels and the main cannon was crazy looked like it could fire a rail gun shot lol. I'm up to chapter 5 now and I am fightin loads of skirmishes to get more levels up still great fun I am hoping for the content next year to come to the Uk and this game would be even better with trophies. And if they do I hope they aint retroactive it'll give me a more reasons to re-play it again and again I'm telling ya people GET THIS GAME dont judge it by its graphics judge by it's story, characterization and the battle system much more.

By the way does anyone know hw much this sold in the EU/Uk regions alone it didn't sell well in the US and I hope SEGA don't use that to make it multi platform should they choose too it should exclusive if they create a sequal I would say the poor sales in the US where because of what else was on release that week.
    It sold 80k US and 40k EU as of a couple of weeks ago, it'll probably sell a bit more over christmas and the new year. You've probably heard the 33k number bandied around but it's pretty innaccurate due to not tracking online retailers

Bakudannar
    Just finished my first playthrough. It's fantastic, and everything about the game is top notch. The story is amazing, and while it may draw upon familiar RPG themes, it's very unique and not generic like some of the more popular franchises have become. The gameplay is exceptionally deep, and in my opinion the best implementation in any tactical RPG I've played.

If you understand Japanese, play it with JP audio. The localization team took quite a few liberties with the translation, and I think the JP script was much more powerful than the English one.

Once the DLC hits the states, I'll go try to ace all the levels. With my busy schedule, I sacrificed sleep to play this game and the last time I did that was MGS4.

Fister Roboto
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well I re-downloaded the demo for a 2nd playthrough and I gotta say I loved it more the 2nd time. Maybe if I wasn't strapped for cash I'd buy it in a heartbeat

The RPG genre as a whole has lost alot of anticipation in the US. It's been this way for a while now with the overflooded market of shooters. I love shooters, but I've not played many games with stories that I've been intrigued by since really only MGS 4 and GTA IVs story which was pretty nice.

I guess people in the US don't feel like being bothered with RPG games anymore because they tend to require alot of patience. Hopefully that changes with the upcoming 09 releases.

"The Secret Ingredient Is Phone"

Apprentice
    Valkyria Chronicles is so fresh and different; I love it. The first time I played the demo, I thought it was a bit weird, but as soon as I got the hang of it, it's quite fun.

Master Poster
    It is a really good game. I still think that the battles are too scripted at times.
    Poop, scoop and shoot.
    My band: http://soundcloud.com/nionabeo

since all of you (or most of you) are very positive about Valkyria Chronicles i might gonna buy it. i already downloaded it (demo that is) and i must say, i love it but i had doubts if im gonna buy Valkyria or Oblivion.. decided to buy both

Apprentice

Whatever the **** you wanna call it, its probably gonna be my next game. Loved the demo.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i love playing this game but i have to say the characters and story is EFFING ******ed. "i love nature, killing is bad, i hate people with dark hair" the combat is great fun though. and it looks nice

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Black_Barney
    I so wanted to get this game day 1 (based on reviews and demo I played) but I'm in between housing situation and I just don't have enough privacy to sit down and enjoy a game.. would defeat getting it if I got interrupted every move..

Have to wait till april/may.. This game should have been huge, but my guess is people are afraid of the "bad economy", which is a figment of medias immagination (assuming you still have your job, etc.)..

Any who.. Can't wait!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisaijin View Post
    *tsk*
    It's an JSRPG not a SRPG.
    It's both a SRPG and a JRPG. And it's amazing, everyone should get this game.
    PLAYING: DRIVER SAN FRANCISCO, TEAM ICO HD COLLECTION, BF3 BETA.
    GETTING: UNCHARTED 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, TWISTED METAL, LAST GUARDIAN (RELASE DATE?)

Thread Information