Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

You can just call MS then they will send you a box to ship it.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation

So my X360 died an hour ago.. Updated

Ok. I was one of the many who firmly believed that one of the causes of the RROD was bad ventilation..oh how wrong was I.

Tonight my Elite that is not even a year old died on my sorry ***. It was well ventilated and in an emptyish open room.

I just need to know what I do next. Do I phone MS? or do I take it to the store? Any help would be appreciated.

Master Poster

if you still have the warranty at the store you bought it then just switch it out, otherwise get ms to do a switch for you.

FPSTPS
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Ok. I was one of the many who firmly believed that one of the causes of the RROD was bad ventilation..oh how wrong was I.

Tonight my Elite that is not even a year old died on my sorry ***. It was well ventilated and in an emptyish open room.

I just need to know what I do next. Do I phone MS? or do I take it to the store? Any help would be appreciated.

as you are in the uk you are covered by the sales of goods act so the store should give you a new one as long as you have proof of purchase

Elite Guru
    Yeah it's over a year old, and I have lost the proof of purchase.. so I think I am screwed on that. Thanks for the advice people I am going to give MS a call and see if they will send a box.

And why is my original post below the first response? That is weird..

M._Bison
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, PS3.

Elite Guru
    I suppose the fact I also own a PS3 is sort of a saviour but I am going to miss out on COD5 for god knows how long.. unless I buy it for my PS3 as well.. that would be a waste of cash though.

A7X_Elite_6661
    When My first Xbox 360 messed up, I was out of warranty by over a half year, But My aunt called them and I sent my in and they sent me a replacement for free. Good luck.

FPSTPS
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I suppose the fact I also own a PS3 is sort of a saviour but I am going to miss out on COD5 for god knows how long.. unless I buy it for my PS3 as well.. that would be a waste of cash though.
    its not so bad unless your one of the of the few who actually likes cod5

A7X_Elite_6661
    Quote Originally Posted by FPSTPS View Post
    its not so bad unless your one of the of the few who actually likes cod5
    Well he has it for his 360. Just he might buy it for his ps3 if he can't get his 360 repaired.

Power Member
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I found when I called MS they wouldn't do anything because I said there was only 3 red lights and not 4. Called back a day later, spoke to someone different, told them 4 red lights, they still refused to do anything. So I went nuts and told them the PS3 pisses all over MS.

This isn't a flame, more a question of, how many red lights do I say I have in order to get the damn thing fixed?

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
    I found when I called MS they wouldn't do anything because I said there was only 3 red lights and not 4. Called back a day later, spoke to someone different, told them 4 red lights, they still refused to do anything. So I went nuts and told them the PS3 pisses all over MS.

This isn't a flame, more a question of, how many red lights do I say I have in order to get the damn thing fixed?
    Hmmm...it's pretty funny considering RROD causes three red lights to flash. So you said all this to sneak in this little line "so I went nuts and told them the PS3 pisses all over MS?"

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Jeez guys DONT RING MS.
    You donty need to.
    Just do it all through Xbox.com

You dont have to mess aorund with anybody, just punch you details into the website and they will get it all sorted.

Do you really want to repeat yourself 20 times to the guy on the other end so he "absolutely" get the correct address?

I never spoke with anybody form MS when I got mine fixed.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Master Poster

i have a console with red rings and it said the warranty was only a year on the site but i thought all consoles had 3 year warranty

The Game. You lost it.

4 means that your video cable is unplugged. 3 red lights means that there is a general hardware failure. MS extended the warranty for the 3 lights, not anything else. You should be able to get your 360 repaired for free from MS.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style

Do it over the net. No need to call anybody. Of course it does mean you won't get to tell them the PS3 pisses all over MS. :sleep:

​aka Sparc

Quote Originally Posted by M._Bison View Post
    I was without my 360 for a whole 10 days from the time i sent the box. IT was fast and very very easy. Then again, i remember going through 3 ps1's because the lenses on them were broken to hell as well. Hell, i went through 3 nintendo's and 2 super nintendo's.

Anyways, i have a ps3 as well. So it wasnt so bad, but i also have a gaming computer. lol

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Just buy another one........

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Guru
    Ok I have done it through the website.. I just need to know.. do I keep the hard drive with me or send that along with the console?

It says they only want the console.. I just don't know if that includes the hard drive. Cause I'd rather keep the HD here..

BioSonic
    I'm pretty sure you keep your HDD.

Master Poster

no you keep the hard drive.
    it comes with instructions

Supreme Veteran
    emmerich,

Sorry to hear your X360 failed on you, don't let it burn you up inside. Be glad you have other consoles to fall onto. If all else fails with MS (and it should not as you should have 3 years RROD warranty) let me know and I'll give you a tutorial on how to fix the RROD better than MS can for you. I vouch for it and stand by it.

As for sending off the X360, keep the hard drive, all cables and the face plate, don't send off the X360 with the faceplate attached.

Quote Originally Posted by M._Bison View Post
    I had 1 PS1 fail on me and 2 PS2's fail on me and 1 PS3 fail on me, shame on me eh? Hardly. I keep coming back and some call me an XBOX fanboy
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacfan4321 View Post

4 means that your video cable is unplugged. 3 red lights means that there is a general hardware failure. MS extended the warranty for the 3 lights, not anything else. You should be able to get your 360 repaired for free from MS.
    Thanks man. I thought it was 3 as well, but got confused when they refused to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Do it over the net. No need to call anybody. Of course it does mean you won't get to tell them the PS3 pisses all over MS. :sleep:
    Thanks, didn't realize you could do this.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosb View Post
    Hmmm...it's pretty funny considering RROD causes three red lights to flash. So you said all this to sneak in this little line "so I went nuts and told them the PS3 pisses all over MS?"
    Yes, that's exactly why I did it, so I could waste my own time to get in a few meaningless words, never mind that I didn't have a PS3 as this stage, also it meant nothing to me that I had just spent $800 on a console that died the same week I bought it....want to flamebait much?

Supreme Veteran
    Forum is playing up, only posted once but came out twice.

Supreme Veteran
    I didn't have a PS3 as this stage, also it meant nothing to me that I had just spent $800 on a console that died the same week I bought it....want to flamebait much?
    kopkiwi,

$800 on an X360? Where did you purchase it from? Unless you purchased it from eBay back in 2005 I can't see why you'd pay $800aud for any X360, they never cost more than $650aud and that was release day.

Thread Information