Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58
  1. #26
    Apprentice
    thaSLAB®'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Michigan / California
    Age
    39
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    1,262 (0 Banked)
    As volcom15 said, they showed it a few times last night during Monday Night Football... I was surprised to say the least LOL. I thought it was a very good ad about a little known feature of the PS3 (for us in the USA anyway)

  2. #27
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21,987
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    22,438 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDon View Post
    They really need to bring ads like this back

    YouTube - US Playstation 3 Commercial

    Change the games up though. Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, LBP, Killzone 2. And then the Dark Knight as the blu ray movie. EPIC. Is the only word I can think of.

    And no, not the game company.
    PAL has that running right now, a slimmed down version with LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm 2

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  3. #28
    Superior Member
    BLAZEFACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    45
    Points
    269 (0 Banked)
    I had not seen it til now. . . now Sony needs to keep at it

  4. #29
    Elite Guru
    Alpha2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,844
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    2,612 (0 Banked)
    Now they just need a commercial for Games and Bluray individually.

  5. #30
    Elite Guru
    mcav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,759
    Rep Power
    81
    Points
    3,813 (0 Banked)
    Yes - no sign of this service in Europe. Which is just as well, I'm going to need a new hard drive soon :s

  6. #31
    Elite Member
    illusionstj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    131 (0 Banked)
    Well, at least they're marketing now. But I downloaded movies on the 360 before they had any on the PS Store to download. I dunno, either way I don't download on either of them anymore. Would rather have a physical copy in my hands.

  7. #32
    Forum Guru
    micromagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,759
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    141 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcav View Post
    Yes - no sign of this service in Europe. Which is just as well, I'm going to need a new hard drive soon :s
    It's coming in 2009, well that's what was said back in July.

    "This will not come to the PAL markets this year, but Sir Howard Stringer has made the commitment that non-games will come to all regions in due course and it will,” said SCEE boss David Reeves.
    “The dates for video content will come later this year. For us, and I think you appreciate most of you Europeans, that local content is important, and that's what [we are] working on right now."

  8. #33
    Power Member
    Kopkiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,968
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    6,467 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    When will we be getting movie and TV show downloads down under? Would love to get all the episodes of 24.

  9. #34
    Apprentice
    crazy88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    197 (0 Banked)
    Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I haven't read it. Does anyone else wonder whether Sony have held off advertising because the PS3 wasn't all that great until now? I mean, it's always been a good machine, but over the last few months, and over the coming months the PS3 has the potential to really come into its own.

    There are many amazing games just out, or very close in the pipelines, and maybe now Sony feels it should spend the money, and overtake XBox once and for all? I may be way off, but it does kindof feel that way to me.

    Bring on 2009

  10. #35
    Dedicated Member
    k.cuthbertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    309 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I haven't read it. Does anyone else wonder whether Sony have held off advertising because the PS3 wasn't all that great until now? I mean, it's always been a good machine, but over the last few months, and over the coming months the PS3 has the potential to really come into its own.

    There are many amazing games just out, or very close in the pipelines, and maybe now Sony feels it should spend the money, and overtake XBox once and for all? I may be way off, but it does kindof feel that way to me.

    Bring on 2009

    I've never looked at it that you, and that is very possible in my opinion. Great observation!

  11. #36
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Dunno if this is sufficiently linked to the topic, but Home has a cinema. Will we be able to pay to see a cinema release in there?

  12. #37
    440forPOWER
    Guest
    Sony how about letting me rent those movies in hd instead of having to buy them in sd.

  13. #38
    bizquick
    Guest
    Too bad its only available in the States... Unless I'm mistaken? Its not available in Canada.

  14. #39
    Apprentice
    TheRocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    73
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN25 View Post
    ok sry my bad ..i cant believe that microsoft would make ppl have to by GOLD account to use netfix
    I can totally believe they would pull this stunt. They already have people fooled into thinking that the Xbox live fees somehow make it superior to PSN, so why not add this into the mix too.
    I am not an i-Sheep or x-Zombie. I have a mind of my own, and able to make up my own mind, please don't be offended if I totally disregard your point of view.

  15. #40
    Super Elite
    Vip3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,494
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    5,563 (0 Banked)
    Sony really need to release as many films as possible and for them to be in Europe too. Their loosing a lot of money by delaying stuff for us.
    i5-2500k @3.3Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4, Crucial 4GB 1333Mhz RAM,
    Palit GTS 250 1GB, 2x WD 250GB, 1x 1TB Samsung F3,
    Corsair HX850W PSU, Cooler Master 690 II,

    Checkout my TF2 Replay Video.

  16. #41
    young rich and tasteless
    squirrelbo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,768
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    16,099 (0 Banked)
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    wow, an advert from Sony for the ps3 that doesnt make you go WTF thats weird as all the others have done. as for the actual product, i cant wait till its available in the UK.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

  17. #42
    Member
    sandite5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by k.cuthbertson View Post
    I've never looked at it that you, and that is very possible in my opinion. Great observation!
    So the PS3 is a diamond in the rough, WHO KNEW?! We did...

    It just gives me another reason to laugh at the 360 boys. It's awesome to ask them, "Why did you get a 360 over a PS3?". Guaranteed response is, "Because it has better games.". To them, it's never been about what the system is capable of, ever.

    Some will say, "But in the end it's the games that what makes or breaks a console!", which is true if your looking for a GAMING console. The PS3 isn't just a gaming console though, it's an ENTERTAINMENT console (as is the 360). So regardless of the reason you bought it, someone else could be buying it for another reason. So the more features a system has that's tailored to their wants, the more it might sway someone to buy it, simple.

    SONY knows what its system is capable of, but maybe it even overwhelmed them with its possibilities when they actually made it. Now that it's coming into its own, I can't wait for the future possibilities.

    PS3 = Alicia Keyes. 360 = Britney Spears. Which has more talent, and which has pop culture status? - Demobot


  18. #43
    Member
    sandite5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiffmonkey View Post
    Dunno if this is sufficiently linked to the topic, but Home has a cinema. Will we be able to pay to see a cinema release in there?
    Hahaha gawd, couldn't you just see that?!

    They'd release a movie that's currently in theaters in the Home theater, for which you still have to pay for. That'd be awesome really....so long as you could go full screen and mute everyone!

    PS3 = Alicia Keyes. 360 = Britney Spears. Which has more talent, and which has pop culture status? - Demobot


  19. #44
    Superior Member
    toallyrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    820
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    35 (0 Banked)
    I will pay for monthly subscription. $2.99 a movie's o.k, too.

  20. #45
    Dedicated Member
    k.cuthbertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    309 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandite5 View Post
    So the PS3 is a diamond in the rough, WHO KNEW?! We did...

    It just gives me another reason to laugh at the 360 boys. It's awesome to ask them, "Why did you get a 360 over a PS3?". Guaranteed response is, "Because it has better games.". To them, it's never been about what the system is capable of, ever.

    Some will say, "But in the end it's the games that what makes or breaks a console!", which is true if your looking for a GAMING console. The PS3 isn't just a gaming console though, it's an ENTERTAINMENT console (as is the 360). So regardless of the reason you bought it, someone else could be buying it for another reason. So the more features a system has that's tailored to their wants, the more it might sway someone to buy it, simple.

    SONY knows what its system is capable of, but maybe it even overwhelmed them with its possibilities when they actually made it. Now that it's coming into its own, I can't wait for the future possibilities.

    I just meant I never understood the reason why they didn't advertise that much. crazy88 makes a valid point about there not being a whole heck of a lot to advertise.

  21. #46
    Elite Guru
    mcav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,759
    Rep Power
    81
    Points
    3,813 (0 Banked)
    I guarantee that I shall use a movie and tv show on demand/download service once in a while, but for movies I want to keep, it will absolutely be on Blu Ray.

    This is me, the person who has practically every device in his home networked through a HUB, a connected NAS drive for shared storage and STILL I'm not into having my main movie collection on download.

    What are the chances of Norman Normal wanting to adopt it???

    Still - good service Sony, bring it on and I'll use it... sometimes.

  22. #47
    I'm a real boy!
    Tyrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,497
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    5,987 (0 Banked)
    How about you have your legal team get the video store available in North America, Sony. ****ing Tretton.

  23. #48
    silentmemory
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRocker View Post
    The way Sony have implemented standard DLNA and a web browser with Flash9, means we are not subjected to spefic tie-ins, we get NetFlix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, you name it, we get it.
    360 could most probably do those too with a bit of web scripting and TVersity.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRocker View Post
    I can totally believe they would pull this stunt. They already have people fooled into thinking that the Xbox live fees somehow make it superior to PSN, so why not add this into the mix too.
    You're always adding the cost of an ongoing Live subscription into the hidden price of the 360, are you admitting some people could do without paying for Live if only Netflix access was free to Silver members?! In fact, it's a value-added thing to encourage exactly those people to buy Gold.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandite5 View Post
    It just gives me another reason to laugh at the 360 boys. It's awesome to ask them, "Why did you get a 360 over a PS3?". Guaranteed response is, "Because it has better games.". To them, it's never been about what the system is capable of, ever.
    360 has been able to download movies and TV shows for rent/hire for over a year now.

  24. #49
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,169
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    26,146 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentmemory View Post
    360 could most probably do those too with a bit of web scripting and TVersity.
    .....you're serious? How exactly would one go about doing that?

    You're always adding the cost of an ongoing Live subscription into the hidden price of the 360, are you admitting some people could do without paying for Live if only Netflix access was free to Silver members?! In fact, it's a value-added thing to encourage exactly those people to buy Gold.
    Well, people do list Live as one advantage the 360 has over the PS3. Should it not be included in the price?

  25. #50
    Superior Member
    kermit_criminal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    685
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    567 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I haven't read it. Does anyone else wonder whether Sony have held off advertising because the PS3 wasn't all that great until now? I mean, it's always been a good machine, but over the last few months, and over the coming months the PS3 has the potential to really come into its own.

    There are many amazing games just out, or very close in the pipelines, and maybe now Sony feels it should spend the money, and overtake XBox once and for all? I may be way off, but it does kindof feel that way to me.

    Bring on 2009
    i've been saying that for a while now. sony dosent have the funds to burn on advertisements when they know they'l only boost sales slightly. they're waiting for the perfect time, such as a price drop.. the release of multiple AAA game releases like FFXIII, XIIIversus, GOW, GTHD, Home, etc.. etc.. once things fall into place, the ps3 has the potential to be a phenomenon like the iphone imho. as soon as these games come out, home is 100%, bluray discs get cheaper and a $100 or so price drop.. the ps3 will be ready for an advertising explosion.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ps3forums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41145&dateline=118498 7635[/SIGPIC]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.