Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    He joined at a time when the several key players are getting on and many past their best as well as having financial restrictions previous managers hadnt had so he was always in a difficult position. I think Chelsea have made a mistake sacking him. He is a great manager who isnt performing as well as he should but it hardly helps when he has many players who cant be arsed to pull their fingers out and put some effort in.
    I'm a liverpool fan but i liked Scholari and its a shame to see him go.

Oh and sacking the manager and getting a new person in isnt an instant remedy for poor results which is what most chairmen must believe these days.

I'd also like to add that they are now going into a vital game with Villa which is essentially going to define their season without an established manager with Ray Wilkins in charge.
    If they manage to win Villa under the circumstances then i'll be extremely shocked.

SUIT UP!

Veteran
    Lol, what a mess and what a stupid decision.

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Chelsea have sacked Luiz Felipe Scolari, with Guus Hiddink and Avram Grant immediately linked to the Stamford Bridge post.
    The Brazilian only took charge of the Blues in the summer and after a promising start the club have slipped to fourth in the table, seven points adrift of Manchester United.
    Saturday's 0-0 draw at home to Hull City proved to be the final straw for the World Cup winner and the Premier League outfit have now confirmed his departure.
    A statement on the club's official website read: "Luiz Felipe Scolari has been dismissed as manager of Chelsea Football Club today (Monday) with immediate effect.
    "The Chelsea board would like to place on record our gratitude for his time as manager.
    Sadness

"Felipe has brought many positives to the club since he joined and we all feel a sense of sadness that our relationship has ended so soon.
    "Unfortunately the results and performances of the team appeared to be deteriorating at a key time in the season.
    "In order to maintain a challenge for the trophies we are still competing for we felt the only option was to make the change now.
    "The search for a new manager has already started and we hope to have someone in place as soon as possible.
    "While that continues assistant coach Ray Wilkins will take charge of the team on a temporary basis."
    Grant

Sky Sports News understands that the club have already compiled a two-man shortlist to replace Scolari, with Hiddink and Grant the names in the frame.
    Grant stepped into the breach following Jose Mourinho's departure before being axed at the end of the season despite finishing second in the Premier League and reaching the UEFA Champions League final.
    Hiddink has been linked with a host of Premier League posts after his exploits as Russia coach, including reaching the Euro 2008 semi-finals.
    One possibility is that the duo could work together, with Hiddink taking charge of team affairs and Grant operating as director of football.
    In the meantime, Ray Wilkins will take temporary charge of the Blues as they prepare for Saturday's FA Cup clash with Watford.
    To be honest he didn't look like he knew what he was doing. Hes been given a title winning team and managed to mess up. I think Liverpools win at the Bridge broke Chelsea at home, they haven't looks the same since.

I think Zola could be a good replacement, after a rocky start at West Ham hes come on strong as a manager.

Forum Guru

Bye bye Scolari.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So who are Chelsea going to get now, they have gone through 2 of the best managers in the world!

Time to sell up Roman!
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Superior Member
    i just heard about the news
    his 4th in the table atleast he aint doing as bad as wenger

Forum Guru
    Ray Wilkins is stepping in for now but i do wonder who they are going to get.

Surely 4th in the table isn't horrific?!

I don't understand it when managers are sacked because they aren't doing well when they have hardly caused the club to fail at all.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    i was Avram Grant i would tell chelsea were to go after the way he was treated even though chelsea finished 2nd

Dedicated Member
    Sky sports news said Grant and someone else was in for a chance
    I was surprized by this.
    Thought he would of been giving to the end of the season atleast
    Drawing with Hull isnt too bad is it?
    4 place isnt too bad?
    They had it good with Jose, Too good in a way as there team doesnt seem to play well together

Forum Guru
    yeah i think Jose was the best manager they've had. He should never have gone, they did they best under him.

PSU Ghost Syndicate Corporation | Merc: Dorada Aquila | DUST PSN: smurf1191
    My first PSU article!

Power Member
    Jose was a brilliant manager but Roman wanted someone he could boss around and dictate transfers to, which Jose isn't going to do.

they are good in fifa

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Quote Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
    Jose was a brilliant manager but Roman wanted someone he could boss around and dictate transfers to, which Jose isn't going to do.
    No manager should stand for having no control over transfers. Why hire a manager if all he can do is pick 11 players each week the owner bought?

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer173 View Post
    they are good in fifa
    The game?

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    cant believe we sacked him, what will that achieve. o well, i suppose we will have to move on.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    What have Chelsea and Sharon Watts from Eastenders got in common? They've both been ****ed by Phil & Grant.

Dedicated Member
    Poor game by Chelsea against Reading

I know, it was only a friendly AND Chelsea really wasn't play that badly even when down 2-0....but their passing was sloppy as was their....not fitness but they looked sluggish

Dedicated Member
    gonnna be our season this year! liverpool and arsenal aint gonna be contenders this year, even think everton will take over arsenal into the top four!!

drogba is gonna have a top top season!!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryfay1983 View Post
    gonnna be our season this year! liverpool and arsenal aint gonna be contenders this year, even think everton will take over arsenal into the top four!!

drogba is gonna have a top top season!!
    Chelsea has as good a shot as anyone but I wouldn't count out Liverpool as easily as that.

Arsenal...well, I agree though I don't think anyone should be taking them for granted. They may not win it but they will have a shot to help determine who wins it

Apprentice
    Ah Chelsea, my favourite English team. I'm a big Rangers fan but like to keep an eye on Chelseas results. I've had a big soft spot for them after our friendly up at Ibrox a couple of years ago, was the best atmosphere I've ever seen at a friendly.

There's also links between sections of the 2 sets of fans, mainly Loyalist links, and of course Chelsea wear blue which is the same as the Gers. Also Lampard is well known to love Rangers and he was given a great reception at Ibrox when you came up.

Anyway good luck for the season ahead.

Dedicated Member
    I am a bit curious to see where Chelsea goes in 2 years when their stars are a bit older and Frank probably leaves, Terry is a bit slower, and DD is probably gone

Master Poster
    Items LiverpoolModern Warfare 3
    What do you think of chelsea going back to 442 diamond?

"Raise your weapon, one word and it's over"

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny2304 View Post
    What do you think of chelsea going back to 442 diamond?
    They have looked quite shaky with it in my eyes.

They have a strong midfield yet when they run the diamond they seem to get soft on the outsides which is KILLER for a 4-4-2 Diamond.

More reason United/Liverpool have a shot at the PL this season

Master Guru
    Creamfields, 10 feet away from the Swedish House Mafia.
    I was extactic when Jose left , it was one of the greatest days in the history of English football.

Power Member
    There's a Chelsea thread now??

Super Elite
    I'm sorry but I don't see Chelsea winning the league this year. It'll either be us or Liverpool. Chelsea are past it now, imo... they need to bring in some fresh faces to replace the aging ones.
    White Pelé

Thread Information