Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Guru

Replacement HDMI Port?

Does anyone know if or where I can buy a replacement HDMI port for my ps3? Mine went bad and I'd rather just put in a new one myself rather than send my unit to Sony for repair. It's a launch unit 60 GB and I move it at least twice a week (unplug/plug it to take to my gaming shack) so it has just worn out. Every now and then I can get a little bit of "fuzz" when I try to use the HDMI, but it usually has no pic at all.

Any help much appreciated.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sorrow880 View Post
    Does anyone know if or where I can buy a replacement HDMI port for my ps3? Mine went bad and I'd rather just put in a new one myself rather than send my unit to Sony for repair. It's a launch unit 60 GB and I move it at least twice a week (unplug/plug it to take to my gaming shack) so it has just worn out. Every now and then I can get a little bit of "fuzz" when I try to use the HDMI, but it usually has no pic at all.

Any help much appreciated.
    You should be able to buy it straight from Sony. They sold a friend of mine a BD drive for his ps3. I dont know how much he paid for it, But he had an absolute nightmare changing it out. Unless you are some kinda real good computer repair person, I would not reccomend trying to repair it yourself.

Power Member
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher99 View Post
    You should be able to buy it straight from Sony. They sold a friend of mine a BD drive for his ps3. I dont know how much he paid for it, But he had an absolute nightmare changing it out. Unless you are some kinda real good computer repair person, I would not reccomend trying to repair it yourself.
    Agreed, getting in contact with Sony is your best bet.

I said it in another thread, if you have a problem with your PS3 and need a replacement part Sony should be the first place you call, coming here for advice should be once Sony have said there is nothing they can do.

Elite Guru
    The HDMI port is going to be attached to the mainboard. Your only choice is to send it into sony, as I doubt you have the skills needed to repair it.

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
    | Windows 7 x64 | Onkyo HT-S3100 5.1

Thread Information