Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: CGI Woes

Superior Member

CGI Woes

I was hoping the CGI from last year's E3 would be close to what the devs actually achieve, but for some games it's not even close. Take Tekken 6 for example. They aren't even close. Tekken 6 looks like crap!

Fantasy:

Reality:

Apprentice

Tekken look like tekken 4 or 5 CGs...really. But the CG of tekken 6 looks really awsome! But shall we wait and see? I think they can do more...i mean come on!

P.S. : Let's wait and see if they release some higher resolution trailer for it soon! Maybe that will clear things up...i hope

Forum Sage

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed when seeing the new demo's....some demo's live up to the hype, but Tekken doesn't that is for sure....

The graphical difference is pretty big to me. The top looks ps4 quality, while the bottom looks almost ps2.

Super Elite
    Yeah...it looks like Tekken 4 CGI, and it looks like it will look better than DoA.Of course it doesnt look like the character demo, but it doesnt look like "CRAP".
    But i guess thats the downside of those CGI demos, people get so hyped up than anything under that standard is "crap" to them.

Superior Member

Well, this makes me a little worried for all of the other trailers that I've seen. There are very few that are actual gameplay. Some represent gameplay, but they're still spruced up trailers. And many are still CGI target footage. Hopefully most of the other trailers are more representative.
    Nintendo Fanboy: 42%
    Sony Fanboy: 28%
    Microsoft Fanboy: 42%
    Periods. Not just for women, they're for your sentences too.

Apprentice

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/t...reenindex.html

hey look! Maybe they aren't that bad after all...yea sure they can improve but not bad att all!

LOOL! look at the pervert screenshot where you can see Lili's underwear!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOL awsome! :P

Apprentice

those graphics don't look so good. i mean MGS4 and ffXII have better models than this. has anyone seen the Oceloet model. man he looks awesome. anyway after Tekken 5 i was expecting more from these guys.
    'You didn't just see two men go through upside down on a broomstick, shouting and screaming at each other, did you?'
    The boy looked at him levelly. 'Certainly not,' he said.
    The old man heaved a sigh of relief. 'Thank goodness for that,' he said. 'Neither did I.' Terry Pratchett ( Discworld)

like.no.other
    It was made clear at E3 2005 that the Tekken images were purely artwork.
    Phat boy gone slim!

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dartali
    those graphics don't look so good. i mean MGS4 and ffXII have better models than this. has anyone seen the Oceloet model. man he looks awesome. anyway after Tekken 5 i was expecting more from these guys.
    I was also expecting a lot more from tekken 6, which makes me question some of the other trailers. It would be really nice to be able to see REAL GAMEPLAY so that I know pretty much what it'll look like this fall. Most of the games that are coming out for launch should look good enough graphically to show real gameplay footage. Also, where was killzone? It's probably not a good sign that last year's show stealer wasn't even on display this year.

Apprentice

Tekken was a serious standout of being inferior graphically than it should have been but it is possible that the graphics have not been optimized yet as the developers are concentrating on gameplay. I even wonder if it was a mixup because it looked way last generation.

BmF
    I`m with graham! ..who honestly expected it to be gameplay, when they saw that e32005-trailer?? Well, those who raised hands should have been a little bit more critical watching "commercials"

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Hezz
    Tekken was a serious standout of being inferior graphically than it should have been but it is possible that the graphics have not been optimized yet as the developers are concentrating on gameplay. I even wonder if it was a mixup because it looked way last generation.
    Yes, atleast I sure hope so. Let's see if more PS3 things come up soon on E3

Master Poster
    It seems to be a growing trend with fighting games to unimpress me, mainly me,
    in the graphics department.
    Not sure if i care. Tekken is always good with pals.
    Poop, scoop and shoot.
    My band: http://soundcloud.com/nionabeo

bahomet
    I don't know how some of you guys can say this looks good or decent. That would be the case for last gen but now the only word that comes to my mind is $#@!
    And overall the only game that impresed me and made me watch it over and over was "8 days". I'm begening to think that diference betwen PS3 and X360 is very very small and it will be noticeble somewhere in the end of the generation. Waiting for MS conference now...

The models look below sub-par at best, and the backround textures? Horrible just horrible. They really pissed themselves with this one. This game looks like ass no matter how you slice it. One of the worst looking PS3 titles so far. Even Naughty Dog had better character models (they are roumerd to be the farthest ahead in cell devlopment but still, its Naughty Dog..) This was honestly the reason I payed so much attention to the PS3. Tekken, and now look... I hoenstly think the Xbox can pull that off.

bahomet
    I'm sure xbox can do that and i think the ps2 is able to do that to. It's clearly very low poli models. Ask yourself this question: how can a game like wheavenly sword or resistance(or prety much any other game that was shown for ps3 today if not all of them) can have so much better looking characters and dozens of them on screen at once than tekken 6? Very odd ...

Edit: Let's see now
    8 days: http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/7...g_3581754.html
    http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/7...g_3581759.html with how many of them on screen at once? 5-6 or so.

resistance: http://images.playsyde.com/gallery/p.../1066_0002.jpg
    http://images.playsyde.com/gallery/p.../1066_0003.jpg
    with dozens of them on screen at once

H. sword: http://images.playsyde.com/gallery/p...8/644_0012.jpg
    http://images.playsyde.com/gallery/p...8/644_0002.jpg
    lookie at how many of them are there

FFXIII: http://72.29.89.93/~angel/FFXIII/finalfanta200155l.jpg

Not to mention all of them have much bigger enviroments. Maybe they made a mistake and thats the next tekken for psp but if it is for ps3 burn in hell namco

Super Elite
    Items Atari
    Well, a lot of the conference was a mixed bag. Stuff like Heavenly Sword, Resistance, Warhawk and 8 days really gave me confidence over Xbox 360, but I was dissapointed with GTHD and Genji 2. Tekken sucked, but VF5 looked real sharp. Its pretty obvious that PS3 is better, but its only better if the devs take the time to put out good quality stuff. Also, why is everyone raggin on the eyetoy thing? Sony could start up a fad, and its more belivable than pokemon or Yugioh with the interface. I really liked what they did over Nintendo and MS, its just that they went first, so the spotlight was on them to do what they did last year, and it was gonna be impossible. We pretty much got what we expected with the conference, except for the controller, but a lot of people disliked the nintendo ripoff. MS faced the same thing last year, they lost a ton of credibility, and they got it back. I have faith that sony will get it back. Nintendo didn't wow me enough, its just that the fanboys were going all "Pre-teen crazy when they see a boyband" when Zelda was shown. MS's conference was solid, but not rock and roll. Sony did well, but there was no way to live up to what they did last year. I'm looking forward to seeing motorstorm later this week. Oh yea, I'm waiting on the IGN exclusives, which could give Sony a nice lift.
    During E3 I check out the booth babes, and if that's wrong...then maybe I'm missing the point of E3

Superior Member

Going to take time to get these games to be excellent.

I was reading a good article the other day that was explaining how most games now are just single threaded games -- same as with PS2 and current gen games-- that developers haven't even begun to tap into the multi-core/multi-thread processing.

In a year or two, watch out!
    Signature Under Construction

Forum Elder
    I would have to say the Tekken 6 screenshot don't look all that great they could have improved on it a little bit more.

30.82Mbps<--Download----Upload-->22.80Mbps

40s
    I still haven't seen a cross hair or a bad camera angle for MGS. Not to talk sh*t or anything but I just haven't seen one yet.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by 40s
    I still haven't seen a cross hair or a bad camera angle for MGS. Not to talk sh*t or anything but I just haven't seen one yet.
    I think if anyone doubts kojima's team then they don't know about them that much.

Im with you...i mean, i dont think they are lying...but they should show some gameplay...with people playing it...

40s
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjayk89
    Im with you...i mean, i dont think they are lying...but they should show some gameplay...with people playing it...
    Yeah I mean what was up with that game that kept going in and out of pre-renders? I don't trust intro footage, give me gameplay.

I mean look at warhawk, what happened to the 50+ units on screen hu?

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjayk89
    Yeah I mean what was up with that game that kept going in and out of pre-renders? I don't trust intro footage, give me gameplay.

I mean look at warhawk, what happened to the 50+ units on screen hu?
    Do you know there's a difference between a pre-render and a scripted in-game cut-scene?

Thread Information