Latest PSU headlines:

Page 128 of 154 FirstFirst ... 118128138 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3832
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Okay, thanks admartian.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    What do guys like in women? I'm about to start classes here in a new town in a few weeks and I'd like to know what it's like to be in a relationship. If a guy smiles at me with his teeth showing, I want to know how to react. I also want to know how to tell if a guy is interested in you.

A situation comes to mind. During A&P II Lab, there was a very cute guy in there who I conversed with a lot. I never asked him could we hang out or anything, but he gave me his number and he never answered when I called it. I eventually gave up and stopped speaking to him. I don't understand men, I don't understand why he gave me his number but would never answer it. He told me he was single so there was no girlfriend checking his phone or anything.

So how can you tell if a guy is interested in you? I want to know how to adjust from my past mistakes.
    Maybe he didn't answer because the number wasn't recognised on his phone? I rarely answer numbers that aren't saved onto my phone.
    With the smile, I always do that just to be nice and show that i'm approachable, so that usually means he doesn't want you to think he's ignoring you. It's always good to give a smile back as well Sometimes though if a guy looks at you and then looks away after 1-2 seconds it can mean he's just shy, you can usually tell by their body language and how they act towards others as well.

I always find women confusing lol, there was a girl in work and we chatted a little but never really had proper conversations. Then I'd be out with some mates and she'd go passed in her mates car, lean out the window and shout out to me & say hi. that happened a few times, and then when I'd see her in work she wouldn't say anything. when I walked passed I'd say alright and she'd say hi and didn't really make eye contact. In the end I just left it cus I didn't know how to take it really.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So I've decided that Im probably just gonna go for it with this girl because its worth taking the chance..finally starting to get some free time again and I'll be out with her on Saturday night..so Im thinking of trying something then (hopefully won't get kicked out before anything can happen again. )

I just wish she wasn't so hot and cold with me..one moment she's texting me and doing something really thoughtful..the next I'm not hearing from her for a day or two.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    What do guys like in women? I'm about to start classes here in a new town in a few weeks and I'd like to know what it's like to be in a relationship. If a guy smiles at me with his teeth showing, I want to know how to react. I also want to know how to tell if a guy is interested in you.

A situation comes to mind. During A&P II Lab, there was a very cute guy in there who I conversed with a lot. I never asked him could we hang out or anything, but he gave me his number and he never answered when I called it. I eventually gave up and stopped speaking to him. I don't understand men, I don't understand why he gave me his number but would never answer it. He told me he was single so there was no girlfriend checking his phone or anything.

So how can you tell if a guy is interested in you? I want to know how to adjust from my past mistakes.
    You should do some research on body language, especially the areas relating to attraction between men and women. People usually talk with their body more than they do with their mouths, and you will be able to read a guys intentions even if he isn't verbally communicating it.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I just saw my ex with a woman friend of hers and two dudes leaving a club about an hour ago...$#@! man, I'm a train wreck. I just can't get a $#@!ing rest. Damnit man, just damnit.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    So I've decided that Im probably just gonna go for it with this girl because its worth taking the chance..finally starting to get some free time again and I'll be out with her on Saturday night..so Im thinking of trying something then (hopefully won't get kicked out before anything can happen again. )

I just wish she wasn't so hot and cold with me..one moment she's texting me and doing something really thoughtful..the next I'm not hearing from her for a day or two.
    i get the same man, it can be such a mind $#@!, i just try and take it as it comes and not read too much into it, otherwise your emotions are up n down like a hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    I just saw my ex with a woman friend of hers and two dudes leaving a club about an hour ago...$#@! man, I'm a train wreck. I just can't get a $#@!ing rest. Damnit man, just damnit.
    that sucks man :/ never easy seeing $#@! like that, have you talked to any mates about it since?

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    that sucks man :/ never easy seeing $#@! like that, have you talked to any mates about it since?
    No man, I'm just sleepless at the moment. I don't think they'd care or give any other input other than to let go anyway. It's probably the best advice, but I just don't know what else to do to feel good, or just to feel right.
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I went through the exact same thing with my last gf..it took time (and LOTS of it) to heal. In my case, I went from still caring about her..to resentment, to hatred..to just not caring anymore.

As with my thing with this other girl...Im think im giving up on that now. Had a pretty bad night last night. By the time I arrived to the club she was already wasted, she was happy to see me..but I just couldn't keep her attention, she was flirting with anyone who tried it on. I made sure to hang about til the end of the night so I could walk her back to her friend's place, she was pretty drunk...some other stuff happened too (mainly vibes and stuff) won't go into it though...felt like I was just annoying her and her friends because I wasn't as drunk as them and I was being protective.

Anyway..don't really feel like talking to her atm. Lets just say if I do start talking again it will be her who texts me first.
    Trophy-licious!

9. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I went through the exact same thing with my last gf..it took time (and LOTS of it) to heal. In my case, I went from still caring about her..to resentment, to hatred..to just not caring anymore.

As with my thing with this other girl...Im think im giving up on that now. Had a pretty bad night last night. By the time I arrived to the club she was already wasted, she was happy to see me..but I just couldn't keep her attention, she was flirting with anyone who tried it on. I made sure to hang about til the end of the night so I could walk her back to her friend's place, she was pretty drunk...some other stuff happened too (mainly vibes and stuff) won't go into it though...felt like I was just annoying her and her friends because I wasn't as drunk as them and I was being protective.

Anyway..don't really feel like talking to her atm. Lets just say if I do start talking again it will be her who texts me first.
    Women.

I think its best to do what you're doing now. Just cool off and clear your head.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    glad im not the only one!

Extreme Poster

Remember when I wrote that you should go for it?

I knew something like this was going to happen but if it hadn't happened, you wouldn't be wiser now and still would've wondered what could've happened with her.

Sometimes it's best to experience it than hearing about it and wondering.

My real advice is to just keep it casual until you're older and these girls are older as well (hopefully not someone like her anyway). Then you will find more girls that are serious about relationship.

This is also true with men...just that in general, both men and women are kids until the age of 25 or more. Unless you find someone special now, it's not worth going serious with anyone...so just keep it casual, have fun and you'll know when you're ready. Or well, I should say when "they're" ready.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Dammit..I hate casual, and I won't date an older girl too..so you see my predicament..lol.

Feeling like $#@! atm anyway cause I made too much of an attachment to this girl even though I warned myself not to.
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 05-07-2012 at 14:31.
    Trophy-licious!

Veteran
    Hey, how can I be proactive on the romantic front? Do I just need to go to places like fairs, parties, etc? I just want to meet someone and see how dating is, and perhaps find me a husband out there.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Hey, how can I be proactive on the romantic front? Do I just need to go to places like fairs, parties, etc? I just want to meet someone and see how dating is, and perhaps find me a husband out there.
    Oh no woman, don't go out finding a husband. You'll scare the living $#@! out of every man out there
    In other news, $#@! my head, making me want to get back with my ex. It wasn't so bad after all. Actually not at all if some things had been different, but...gah, I give up, I'm a train wreck in all fronts!
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Matters what kind of guy you want.

Question for you
    Would you date a Atheist?
    Last edited by HellsJester; 05-09-2012 at 05:33.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Matters what kind of guy you want.

Question for you
    Would you date a Atheist?
    No. I don't hate atheists or anyone for that matter, it's just that I KNOW it would be trouble. A relationship with an atheist and a believer will most likely never work.

I do want to meet christian men, but men who share my interests.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    No. I don't hate atheists or anyone for that matter, it's just that I KNOW it would be trouble. A relationship with an atheist and a believer will most likely never work.

I do want to meet christian men, but men who share my interests.
    Isnt there a online dating site for christians only?
    I believe its called christian mingle or something like that.
    I see the commercial of it on tv almost every day.
    You can always try that.

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Yep, and there's even a dating site for gamers too that just opened up in the U.K. Seems like they cater to all sorts of interests and personalities these days, which I guess can only be a good thing.

Black Wolf, I would suggest just getting out there and being social, it'll happen more organically that way. You probably should try that before using dating websites. You never know, you may really connect with someone.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

20. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Veteran
    All right, I'll give it a go. Just got to look for social gatherings in this town that interest me.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    Yep, and there's even a dating site for gamers too that just opened up in the U.K. Seems like they cater to all sorts of interests and personalities these days, which I guess can only be a good thing.

Black Wolf, I would suggest just getting out there and being social, it'll happen more organically that way. You probably should try that before using dating websites. You never know, you may really connect with someone.
    Dating site for gamers? Seriously?

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post

Does that dating site for gamers have USA options? If not can you tell me if a USA one exists?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    All right, I'll give it a go. Just got to look for social gatherings in this town that interest me.
    Don't even go to social gatherings with the intent to find a date. Just go there with the intent to have fun and just be yourself. That usually yields good results.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    best way i found is to go out with mates when you can, you get to meet their other friends and that can sometimes lead somewhere you're also more likely just to come across someone who is interested, ive had that myself a few times.

Master Guru
    Swingers parties

Superior Member
    My relationship ended last night after being together for 21 months. In the grand scheme of things, it's certainly not too long of a time, however when you wake up the next morning alone, you already feel like a millennium has passed.
    If I can offer some advice to anyone who wishes to read it, its a warning of a very calm sounding word. Complacency. It is so easy to get into a routine where you think you are safe, and that everything is going along fine. It is certainly not the case. Going through the motions is not healthy, things need to be kept fresh, things need to be said.
    If you have a partner in your life who, deep down you know you truly love, always show it. When you come home from work, don't give them a quick kiss on the lips or cheek, hold them like its going to be your last moment on earth and make them realise what you feel. Don't let them assume anything about you, always make then KNOW how you feel.
    Don't be self conscious about HOW you express it, don't worry if you think its going to make you sound like a wuss, or be worried that how your feelings translates into words will sound silly. Saying such things is worth it, 110%, they will always make sense of it and understand, and more importantly appreciate it, and realise that the relationship they are in, is worth it.
    Buying gifts and going out is great, but I think when it comes to relationships, words are greater than actions. If you have someone special in your life, let them know it, always. Never let them feel any bit of doubt.
    There were a few times in the relationship that I wanted to walk away, because it seemed to be the easy option. We live in a society where everyone throws things away and get new ones, including people.
    A few weeks ago we had a talk about where we were heading and decided to end it mutually, however I went back and said it was a relationship that we needed to fight for, to re ignite that spark, to not throw it away. We booked a holiday, to leave this month on the 27th to go to Thailand for 8 nights. I thought everything was going to be ok from now on, however that changed yesterday when she said she just doesn't feel the same anymore.
    No one is perfect, one of my worst qualities is to snap at people when I'm in a bad mood, and my mood can change fairly quickly when the wrong thing has been said to me, even if the thing that was said was unintentional, it's like a light switch that I don't even realise has been switched. Im not a violent person, I have never hit anyone, have never been in a fight, but I don't know why I change so quickly over the littlest of things.
    Do NOT let little things get in the way of your life, they are NOT worth it, it's hard, but you need to step back and look at the big picture and realise that they are not important.
    Always talk, always communicate about how you're feeling, it's the most important thing in a relationship! Don't coast through it thinking everything will be fine! It won't be unless you make the effort!
    We both had little things that annoyed each other, but we never mentioned it to each other, to try and keep the peace, we never fought once in the period where we were together. I think fighting sometimes will help clear the air, instead of bottling things inside.
    Neither of us were perfect, and no one is, I don't think any relationship is 100% perfect, and if YOU think it is, thats fantastic, I am extremely jealous.
    Unless you keep the communication channels open all the time, you will only realise what you should have been doing, when it's too late.
    If you have that someone special sitting next to you, or who will be coming over tonight, or home after work, make them feel like they are the only person who matters as soon as they get through the door.
    I felt that this person was the centre of my universe, the person who made my day at work that much better that I was excited to get home. But I always assumed that she knew, and now it's too late.
    Last edited by oneJ; 05-17-2012 at 02:49.
    Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4404/lbj.gif

Thread Information