Page 156 of 157 FirstFirst ... 146156 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 3917
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    I really hope it works out for you too! But for me online dating will be really a last resort. It's just not the kind if romance I had in mind. But I don't judge people who participate in online dating, everyone deserves love and you're free where to look for it

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    The way I look at it is why limit yourself to the local area and instead open up to the whole world? Having said that though I have limited myself to Japanese women.

3. Likes Vaas likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i actually would prefer online dating more. i wouldn't mind local dating but online just gives you so much more exposure. though for just a casual relationship (even if long-term), local would likely be a better idea. if you're more serious then online dating is also a good venue....i mean, i know people likely use online dating for a lot more casual flings but i personally think you would find a better mate online than offline...it depends how you approach it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    I've always had problems with approaching a girl, so online dating would certainly be a lot more easy lol. But even if it's hard, it's good to do it anyway. Not only do you have a chance of scoring a date, but you also learn to approach strangers and to overcome socially awkwardness.

It's true that it's easier to get to know each other over the internet, but I would miss some of the aspects you have with face to face dating. Like a smile or a twinkle in her eyes. Or she spraying you with her pepperspray...

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I'm the opposite with online dating haha, I think it's because everyone looks slightly different to the pictures that they put up, so there is always that worry in the back of my head that they'll change their mind when it finally comes to meeting up. I've met up with a few people that I've started talking to online, some were dates and others were just hanging out, and they always look slightly different and I do as well. sometimes it's in a good way and other times in a bad way, just the risk you take i suppose!

I know that sounds shallow but if I'm honest I have to find them physically attractive as well as liking their personality.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well if you have problems with the pictures then why not Skype with them beforehand? That way you get to not only speak with them but also see what they actually look like.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NoodleGirl
    Hey guys! Sorry I havent been on in a while... me and my bf split so I had to spend the past few weeks moving out :/. I still havent even had the change to set up my pc and ps3 yet!!!!! Need to buy a blemin desk so im on my phone now... omg so stressful!

Cheer me upppp!!!!!
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=176020&dateline=12859  29804

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by NoodleGirl View Post
    Hey guys! Sorry I havent been on in a while... me and my bf split so I had to spend the past few weeks moving out :/. I still havent even had the change to set up my pc and ps3 yet!!!!! Need to buy a blemin desk so im on my phone now... omg so stressful!

Cheer me upppp!!!!!
    You are gorgeous and you deserve much better than the chump you split up with. Im sure you will find that someone soon.

That working for you? I can try harder if you like.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Could be worse Noodle, you could still be with him!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Could be worse Noodle, you could still be with him!
    or be with this guy ^

12. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

Cheer me upppp!!!!!
    That won't happen with the right one. It's better that it's over now than wasting more of your time and ending up being more hurt later on. Life is a precious thing and we're not here for very long, so there's absolutely no need to waste anymore of your life on someone that doesn't want to make it work. Just try to keep yourself occupied and focus on yourself and you'll be okay. Get your PC and PS3 set up. Those are great ways to get your mind off of things. Maybe take up a new hobby or something. You'll be okay.

Also, $#@! that guy.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Hole Finder - Mind the Ga
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style

Cheer me upppp!!!!!
    Good decision. Job done!

Now focus on moving on with your life. Never look back.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

El Presidente

Cheer me upppp!!!!!
    That sucks I'm sorry. Especially when you have to pick up and move everything out. But now you're in your own place right? You can do whatever you want now.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NoodleGirl
    Haha! Thanks guys its nice to know that i'm not alone. I went to Ikea today to try and buy a desk but no good... they are all way too big for the space im trying to fit it into i will have to try and find one online or something :/
    Yeah im trying to set everything up but i feel like im delaying it a bit cause i have him added onto everything... steam... LoL... elder scrolls online and ffxiv.... ugh lol!!!!!!! Im such a mess!!!! Been going out to pubs this weekend tho with friends to try and get my mind off him. Im ok and i know he didnt deserve me because i literally gave him the world its just so sad that he couldnt even give a little for me
    But hey ho! Onwards and upwards as they always say lol
    When i have everything set up i can finally talk properly on here, hate doing this on my phone!!!!!!!
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=176020&dateline=12859  29804

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NoodleGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    That sucks I'm sorry. Especially when you have to pick up and move everything out. But now you're in your own place right? You can do whatever you want now.
    Yeah my best friend had a spare room with ensuite so im renting it out now which is good because i feel like i need a friend altho he has a bf and it upsets me when he talks about how sweet and caring he is towards him :/ (yes my best friend is gay lol)

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    no doubt you'll be back to feeling fine again soon!

I recently had someone push me away who I had a lot of feelings for and it felt like the world ended lol but now I couldn't give two $#@!s!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    So I guess I could use some advice!

There's some girl at my work whom I think is quite cute. She's very friendly (to me at least) too! Now I recently added her on facebook and she immediately liked my profile pic, so I was like: "Good sign I guess!". Then she proceeded to like my birthday post (more than 8 months ago), so then I started to think I might just have a chance.

Now here's the thing: she's turning 20 in less than 2 months, I'm turing 18 in december. Is that strange?

Follow me on Twitter: @DaanvMonsjou

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
    So I guess I could use some advice!

There's some girl at my work whom I think is quite cute. She's very friendly (to me at least) too! Now I recently added her on facebook and she immediately liked my profile pic, so I was like: "Good sign I guess!". Then she proceeded to like my birthday post (more than 8 months ago), so then I started to think I might just have a chance.

Now here's the thing: she's turning 20 in less than 2 months, I'm turing 18 in december. Is that strange?
    so you want advice on age difference?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    so you want advice on age difference?
    Well I kinda just want to know if it's not strange to date a 2 year older girl at my age, but I guess some other tips can never hurt too!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Well I kinda just want to know if it's not strange to date a 2 year older girl at my age, but I guess some other tips can never hurt too!
    As far as I'm concerned, it's not strange.
    I met a girl a few years ago as well on my 18th. She was 20 and turning 21 a month after we met eachother, and we actually were really interested in eachother. Eventually it didn't work out though, but that's for whole other reasons. I agree that it's weird when the age difference is 5 or more years (in my opinion) but I think that in this situation it's not that big of a problem.

Yeah my best friend had a spare room with ensuite so im renting it out now
    which is good because i feel like i need a friend altho he has a bf and it upsets me when he talks about how sweet and caring he is towards him :/ (yes my best friend is gay lol)

You'll be 'up and running' again soon!
    I guess it's just a matter of setting some thoughts and feelings straight, but it'll definitely work out in the end, don't worry about that! It's good to hear you're on your own now, that you can relax a bit and turn your thoughts around

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, it's not strange.
    I met a girl a few years ago as well on my 18th. She was 20 and turning 21 a month after we met eachother, and we actually were really interested in eachother. Eventually it didn't work out though, but that's for whole other reasons. I agree that it's weird when the age difference is 5 or more years (in my opinion) but I think that in this situation it's not that big of a problem.
    That's good to hear!
    She's going to study though, so she's moving (not too far away), but I hope she'll still come to work some time! If she does, I'll make some moves

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    nah man 2 years is nothing, I know people who are together with an 8 year gap and no one thinks that's strange!

A little bit of advice I'd give is to always take things easy and never come on too strong, things are always better when they feel natural and not forced!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    That's good to hear!
    She's going to study though, so she's moving (not too far away), but I hope she'll still come to work some time! If she does, I'll make some moves
    Well, since she's moving (even not too far away) I'd ask myself if the distance isn't going to be a problem. It was one of the problems eventually for me, as we had a 3 hour travel in between us (bonus: she was from NL )
    If it's not too far away, I assume it's not going to be any issue, but you never know.. Have you talked to her more than 'hi, how are you?' or is that mostly all?

Forum Overseer
    there's nothing wrong with it. as long as she's not the one who lifts you up in her arms XD

either way if you like her, you like her you know. age is just a number. just the other day i thought this girl was so cute but too bad she was my 4 year old's classmate society will never let it happen.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    bond4ever007
    Having an older girlfriend is actually something to brag about lol.
    No... that's not cool, Vaas, not cool! A girlfriend is not a trophey!

But serious now, let me give you a tip. Don't make the same mistake as me. When I see a cute girl, I don't go to her and start a conversation. I just wait and hope for an opportunity instead. But before you know, the school year is over, you're going to high school and you won't see her again for the next couple of years. You just blew your chance of dating an awesome girl...

"if opportunity doesn't knocks, build a door"

My advice here actually is not to think. Just clear your head, approach her and say hi. It's unbelievable to what a simple 'hi' can lead to

And when you're actually dating, be yourself. if you have to act in a relationship, it's not a good relationship

28. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information