Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Fight Night Round 4 details from Game Informer

As ever with video game magazines, someone reads them and puts it all on the internet, and all the Fight Night Round 4 details from this month’s Game Informer are no exception.
    The fighters confirmed so far are Tyson, Ali, Lennox Lewis, Sugar Ray Robinson, Winky Wright, Sergio Mora and Emanuel Augustus.
    Also, the strength of your punch is now longer determined by how far back you pull the analogue stick, but how cleanly you make contact with your opponents face.

“I’m a big fight fan, so I am aware that part of that big fight experience, is the lead up to the fight, the stoppages and the scenes after a big fight has been won,” said a developer to the magazine.

“In FN4 the cutscenes will accurately and authentically reflect that experience seen on TV; we have them all and they are looking tight! And when I say authentic - Ali won’t be doing the ‘running man’ during his ring walk entrance!”
    EA confirmed to VG247 yesterday that new media was on its way and the company will hopefully announce the release date soon.
    Full details after the break.

Thanks, Gaf.
    By Mike Bowden

• The game features at least a dozen venues from around the world. They are more built than previous titles. This includes more activity around the apron during a fight.
    • Fighters confirmed so far Tyson, Ali, Lennox Lewis, sugar Ray, Winky Wright, Sergio Mora and Emanuel Augustus
    • The strength of a punch is no longer how far back you pull the analogue stick, but how cleanly you make contact.
    • If you’re in close to your opponent and don’t get full arm extension, the power behind your punches are weakened.
    • Boxers now have more hit zones in their faces, and different punches will have different effects depending on where they land.
    • Blocking now has a meter, this meter decays over time, your overall risk increases as the meter decreases. Punches can break through your guard and your arms can be knocked out the way much easier as your opponent works your defence.
    • Fight Night’s new physics system is better suited to providing more realistic outcomes during the moment to moment flow of two boxers constantly trading punches
    • Taking cuts to the face is not about your health meter, the strength of the punch and how directly it lands on your face are more important
    • When Tyson is throwing a punch at your head, don’t try and slap it out of air (referring to R3’s parrying system)
    • 40 licensed boxers, introduces more height and body (like Tyson being small for good inside, and taller Ali being better on outside). Thus, long armed fighters perform better if they stick and move, while shorter boxers like Tyson want to pummel you from close range, negating the advantage of the opponents longer arms.
    • The parry system of old has been done away with. “You won’t want to be attempting to parry one of Tyson’s hooks.” Taller boxers with longer arms will be expected to jab and move, while shorter guys like a Tyson will try to work inside.
    • Another note would be the removal of manoeuvring the thumb-stick in between rounds to work on cuts etc. Cut work and the like will be worked on by a points system being applied to your boxer. You’ll choose from the bank of points you have accumulated and apply them where you see fit.
    • The FNR4 audio will enhance the gameplay experience by reflecting the emotion and excitement that is heard in a real life boxing match. Like much of the rest of the game, we’re building the audio from the ground up and have a load of new audio features for Fn4. This time around, FN4 will feature a 2-man commentary team (talent to be announced)that will bring a whole new level of intelligence and analysis to the game.
    • The crowd will accurately reflect the size of the venue and respond to the action going on in the ring. There are several cool new features with music, and we are also filling out the soundtrack with a wider variety of music that will get the player in the “boxing” headspace from the get go
    Source

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Forum Guru
    Sounds good so far.
    I just hope the training has been changed and that they got rid of the equipment shop.
    FN3 is still one of my favorite games this generations.

Superior Member
    Good read. Sounding pritty good!

I do hope they've improved the loading times. Round 3 just took the pee!

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    I loved FNR3 on PSP so I hope no.4 will be great on PS3. I hope its better than Facebreaker anyway.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

Power Member
    Sounding like a great step in the right direction. Really adding some realistic dynamics to the game. Looking forward to it.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    My last boxing game was ready2rumble hehe, and that wasn't exactly a serious game, might pick this one up as well.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    My last boxing game was Ready2Rumble Round 2 as well. I almost picked up Fight Night 3 but I heard the loading times were horrible.

PEACE.LOVE.UNITY.RESPECT.
    Fight Night is a really good series. I've rented all of them a play them with friends every now and then. Might actually just buy the game for once. Well wait and see how it turns out. Some of the matches can get really heated =D
    .Church of $in. - Leader
    Elite SOCOM Clan & BF:BC 2 Lone Wolf

Socom 4 -Fall 2010
    "Time To Get Some Skill Noobs"

Superior Member
    Another note would be the removal of manoeuvring the thumb-stick in between rounds to work on cuts etc. Cut work and the like will be worked on by a points system being applied to your boxer. You’ll choose from the bank of points you have accumulated and apply them where you see fit.
    for some reason i hate how that sounds but i guess im gonna have to see how it turns out i buy almost every boxing game cause its my favourite sport and round 3 hit that nail on the head i hope round 4 pushes it further

Superior Member
    Sounds good i ve been waiting for this and ufc undisputed

Forum Guru
    Going to keep a close eye on this. I've never played boxing games, but when I heard that Tyson was going to be in it, man was I happy.

Ali vs. Tyson says it all to me.

PS360 OWNER! Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds
    <-- Revenge of the Fallen

Master Sage
    Wheres the eyetoy compatibility??

Thats all i want from my boxing games... fail

sweeeet

Bluntz
    fight night round 3 is one of my fav games this gen...the gameplay is hella tight, good boxing game with the use of the analog stick

itz good to hear this game will be more realistic better graphics and physics sound and everything being built from the ground up sounds promising

ill be gettin' this without any hesitation and UFC undisputed ill probly pick that up 2

gunna have at it with this game when it drops

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    With all this talk about how good FN3 was I might go ahead and pick it up. I had heard the loading times were insane and that it wasn't that good. Now everyone is talking about how great it is. I think I've seen it here for around $25 or so.

ive had every ea sports boxing game since the first knockout kings and love this series more than any other. i think its sooo underated when youre talking multiplayer games.
    When you have an opponent who is equal to you skill wise it can be really intense.
    :2gun:

FN3 is a great game until you get too good at it and become a parrying/leaning *****. I'm glad they're getting rid of FN3's parrying system.

benmartyn360
    I love the fn games. had em all so far and defo getting this one if Iron mike tysons in it

Apprentice
    I've been waiting a long time to pummel Tyson, and he's had it a long time coming (That'll show him to bite people! ) Cant wait, should be great.

Thread Information