Latest PSU headlines:

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

SingStar Vol 4 : Track List

Pretty crap list of songs if you ask me, best one there has to be Sex on Fire.

Think i'll stick to Vol 3.

Alphabeat - 10,000 Nights of Thunder
    Amy Winehouse - Rehab
    Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance
    Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
    Chris Brown - With You
    Chris De Burgh - Lady In Red
    Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
    The Feeling - Rosť
    Gloria Estefan - Rhythm is Gonna Get You
    Jordin Sparks feat. Chris Brown - No Air
    Kaiser Chiefs - Never Miss A Beat
    Kate Nash - Mouthwash
    The Killers - Human
    Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire
    Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow
    Little Jackie - The World Should Revolve Around Me
    N.E.R.D - Sooner Or Later
    P!nk - So What!
    The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    Robbie Williams - Angels
    Robyn - Be Mine
    Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me

Sam Sparro - Black and Gold
    The Script - The Man Who Cant Be Moved
    Solange - I Decided
    Sugababes - Girls

Will.I.Am feat. Cheryl Cole - Heartbreaker
    Will Young - Changes
    Yazoo - Don't Go

Scan : http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2281/05022009340ig8.jpg

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...thread.id=9580

Elite Member
    my missus will be glad to see the new singstar either way! thanks for the info ...

Platinum # 5 - AC2 !

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by TTPS3 View Post
    my missus will be glad to see the new singstar either way! thanks for the info ...
    As will mine >>
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Apprentice
    wow... this ones actually worth buying haha

Elite Member
    Very hit and miss. As the OP said, Kings of Leon is the best on offer. A game like Singstar doesn't need new discs every five minutes when there's a perfectly adequate download service which lets people pick and choose only the songs that they actually want.

Elite Member
    EDIT: Apologies, accidental double post. Please delete.

Beware the Bomb-Head!
    People have to remember that there is atill a big percentage of owners with no high speed interent connection and thus no Singstore use. Some others don't like digital downloads and only feel like they've bought something if they can see and hold it and then there are those that like the thought of being able to sell on somehting when they've done with it.

Back to the tracklist: Not bad but I only rate about eight tracks as any good; definitley not the best Singstar Volume out. I can't wait for the Queen Disc!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by no1kevlin View Post
    People have to remember that there is atill a big percentage of owners with no high speed interent connection and thus no Singstore use. Some others don't like digital downloads and only feel like they've bought something if they can see and hold it and then there are those that like the thought of being able to sell on somehting when they've done with it.
    I'll agree with you when they release these same (vol 1, 2, 3, 4 ect) tracks on the Singstore at the same time as these new volumes are released- when they instead parse it up so that the only way to have all the songs is to buy all the discs and download the rest that's stupid imo.

all those seem appealing to me gotta love the 80's -best era for music in my opinion

At least there are a few classics in there - Angels and living on a prayer for example

still need better songs on DL though

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    i remember an interview with some chinese /japenese guy when singstar vol1 came out ....he said that vol 1 would be the last disk the consumer would have to buy and u could just update via psn........we on vol 4 now ......they should allow ripping the disks to hd to save swapping.....or load all disks at start and then all songs are available.....its a pain swapping disks just cos sum1 wants to sing sumthing else

Apprentice

Finally up to date music. I'm suprised to see chris brown on there. When's this coming out? I'm gettin it.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by scottscorpion View Post
    i remember an interview with some chinese /japenese guy when singstar vol1 came out ....he said that vol 1 would be the last disk the consumer would have to buy and u could just update via psn........we on vol 4 now ......they should allow ripping the disks to hd to save swapping.....or load all disks at start and then all songs are available.....its a pain swapping disks just cos sum1 wants to sing sumthing else
    Same here, i just trade my old discs in and keep the best one to avoid disc swapping... currently keeping Vol 3.

But im missing a few of the songs they had on vol 1 & 2, they really need to get all of them up on the SingStore.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    ManaKnight
    Quote Originally Posted by vulture View Post
    I'll agree with you when they release these same (vol 1, 2, 3, 4 ect) tracks on the Singstore at the same time as these new volumes are released- when they instead parse it up so that the only way to have all the songs is to buy all the discs and download the rest that's stupid imo.
    There's a reason not every song is on the SingStore, and it's because they can't. I've said this at MANY forums over and over again, the situation (most of it) is that every disc contains songs by Universal Music Group (such as Vol. 2 having an Eminem song, which is apart of UMG). Bon Jovi on the Vol. 4 disc is apart of UMG. There is NOT a single UMG song on the SingStore. If a song is distributed by EMI in Europe, and UMG in NA (as an example), Europe will get it in the SingStore while the U.S. won't get it. Some may wonder what keeps UMG away from the SingStore? Possibly this (which I did research on):

While doing some searching, I did see about their disputes with iTunes over the years:http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/02/bu...rsal.html?_r=1

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/29/bu...rssnyt&emc=rss

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/09/u...-snubs-itunes/

http://www.techspot.com/news/27449-u...c-service.html

What I'm now seeing is it comes down to UMG wanting control with how the SingStore operates in a way (with variable pricing, maybe DRM changes, whether songs can be uploaded or not, etc.). If they like what they see, they will give SCEE London their music for the SingStore. If they don't like what they see, then forget it. It seems like they could careless about whether SingStore gets their support, since they are making $$$ from other music game downloads. So maybe it comes down to, is it worth changing the structure just to please UMG (and go to variable pricing, like with what iTunes is doing right now)?

I keep mentioning Universal because the MAJORITY of the popular Pop Artists many of you want are apart of Universal, such as Rhinna, *****cat Dolls, etc. Other music games set up their DLC which is more pleasing to UMG (the setup) and there's no uploading to license for (making it slightly easier).

With other artists, EMI Group is very happy to have their music as DLC, which explains why the SingStore usually gets pretty good stuff by them. The reason some artists just aren't on the SingStore (even if they aren't UMG), probably has to do with pricing structure. What helps RB and GH is the massive userbase and pricing is higher. Lips is helped by having variable pricing. We'd probably see some better Sony BMG and Warner artists if there was a higher pricing structure also (like maybe newer P!NK, Avril Lavigne, etc. songs). SCEE London also has to split it between PS2 and PS3 (not everyone can afford a PS3 right now since it's still pricey). They still have to make PS2 discs instead of just working on DLC (and I believe the majoirty of SingStar fans are still sticking to PS2). On the PS3 side of things, discs are still needed because (not everyone has internet connection on their PS3, and some who have internet don't have a method they can put money into their PSN wallet. There are no PSN Cards throughout Europe). Some big songs without a doubt will be saved for discs, just so they can push the disc sales to bring people onto SingStar (most people look at the back, and see if there's a song they want. If not, they pass it up. DLC will NOT convince most common people who mostly buy games who look at the backs of cases).

Basically in many ways, the SingStore is like the iTunes store. The fixed pricing is probably hurting it with more popular pop artist (mostly UMG, it supported other services like Amazon so they could get what they wanted and hopefully made Apple change). The only reason many still supported iTunes was because they basically had to. For the SingStore, UMG doesn't really have to because they are receiving funding from other music games and so on.

In reality, we do not know the real cause behind the reason UMG has ZERO songs on the SingStore (it could even be that a rival console company is paying them to not support the SingStore), but I do believe it has to do with they want to control it in their favor and want the variable pricing.
    The quote is stuff I basically posted around various forums (slightly altered since I don't want to do much comparison to another Karaoke game).

Quote Originally Posted by scottscorpion View Post
    I bet that's what they were hoping on doing, but with:
    -Difficulty licensing certain songs to the SingStore (mostly looks at UMG)
    -Not many payment options for SingStore (this is on SCEE's end, not the developers, because you must own a CC to purchase music or something. Not really an issue in the U.S.).
    -Slower PS3 growth due to its high pricetag, causing some fans to just stick to PS2 instead of all moving to PS3. Smaller fanbase for DLC means revenue will be low. Not being able to cater to a large base may hurt some sales.

Anyway, I feel Bon Jovi and Chris Brown sounds good.
    Go Bulls! | Go White Sox!

Thread Information