Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Sublimely Static
    Quote Originally Posted by TreborReversed View Post
    Made me chuckle but it was a little unclear if u was being sarcastic lol

Wasn't quite sure if you was supporting my argument or slating it hehe
    HA!

I was just being sarcastic. It would be nice if they dropped the price. It might make them take an competitive edge.

But NEEDING to, is just over the top. As you say, it depends on if they can and whatever the best interest for the company is.

They've been around for a while. I don't expect them to need help from forum gurus to run their business.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Staticneuron View Post
    HA!
    They've been around for a while. I don't expect them to need help from forum gurus to run their business.
    Who knows you might get a call lol

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    NOTHING in electronics is future proof. NOTHING!

How arrogant of any company to make such a stupid claim.
    door bells ?

Lunar_Chaos
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    NOTHING in electronics is future proof. NOTHING!

How arrogant of any company to make such a stupid claim.
    I agree.

Elite Member
    i think ps3 offers the most overall scalability and capability as it stands right now more so then the 360 for sure, but future proof could only come in a form of upgraded to existing hardware to the cell. Unless that's there intentions there is nothing future proof in the current consoles state.
    VPCEB17FX Bose Companion System
    50' SXRD XBR2 & DAV-HDX274 Theatre
    PS3 320GB & 500GB & PSP GO 32GB

Superior Member
    I cant wait to see what games are going to look like once they start using the full power of the ps3

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BLAZEFACE View Post
    I cant wait to see what games are going to look like once they start using the full power of the ps3

Something Unchartered 2 is claiming

Elite Member
    Something Unchartered 2 is claiming
    and that game looks better then any console game to date might i add.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rblover69 View Post
    and that game looks better then any console game to date might i add.
    Exactly, but i also like the huge line up games we shall be getting this year, and its gonna be quality titles as well

I could see me playing for that time, I love my Ps3

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    The main reason that PS3 is low in selling , that there are no copy games for it, which was a very important reason why PS2 sold this huge number of copies

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    The main reason that PS3 is low in selling , that there are no copy games for it, which was a very important reason why PS2 sold this huge number of copies
    your contributing the entire success of the ps2 due to piracy?

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimeran Killer View Post
    That's the reason I switched from 360 to PS3.
    Way to drink the Kool-Aid. Better just hope that Kaz Hirai didn't stick his junk in he pitcher before he offered it to you.

CELL!
    2X THE FLOPS!
    IT'S FUTURE PROOF!

As far as I'm concerned, the Ps3 is enviable for two reasons- exclusive games from Naughty Dog and Media Molecule. THOSE are what's worth people's time and money and support.

Elite Guru
    for the love of... Future proof only means that they can scale up the system to do new things through the firmware. Adding new features to Bluray, fixing up the XMB, better graphics, fancier tech inside, a deep well or computing power that you can wring more out of with skillfull programming.

THAT is what future proof means.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha2 View Post
    for the love of... Future proof only means that they can scale up the system to do new things through the firmware. Adding new features to Bluray, fixing up the XMB, better graphics, fancier tech inside, a deep well or computing power that you can wring more out of with skillfull programming.

THAT is what future proof means.
    i 100% agree the recipe is there for ps4 this is a simply ps4 in my view which will be cheaper by then in every way on a 45nm scale

1. More SPUs
    2. More RAM
    3. Updated Graphics processor
    4. Faster optical drive
    5. Smaller

future proof is safe to say when this technology is lending itself to its own life cycle parrallel to multi threaded GPUS.

based on existing ps3 hardware why isnt this the direction they would go. lol

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntpulla View Post
    sony also needs to worry about being present proof, withe the economy in the state that it's in, they need a price cut.
    A price cut would actually hurt them more and bring them closer to the end. They have barely started breaking even with the PS3's. A price cut will cause them to lose a lot of money quickly. For business reasons, that's why they haven't had a price cut yet. They are trying to get as far as they can without one. They haven't lost any sales, they are about the same amount each month. Once the sales start to significantly drop, then you'll see a price cut. So don't expect one till Killzone 2 sales start to die down. Unless they make a surprise announcement of a PS3 price cut for Killzone 2.

Power Member
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We're just posting this now? Sony have called the PS3 future proof in just about every interview since they released the damn thing.

InfiniteRetro
    considering the ps3 has hit the 20 million mark in just on two years faster than the xbox id like them to not do a price cut. it would hurt them, and the system in what it offers can be future proof to a degree.

Beware the Bomb-Head!
    ... sales-wise its supposidly surpast the ps2 at this stage
    The problem with this being used all the time to show how well the PS3 is doing is it fails to take into account the fact that the potential amount of customers back in 2000 was VASTLY smaller than in 2009 so the PS2 did so much better to reach those numbers in that time than the PS3 has done to reach the same amount of sales in a similar time from a much larger pool of buyers.

Gaming is now a massive industry with many more millions of customers now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by no1kevlin View Post
    The problem with this being used all the time to show how well the PS3 is doing is it fails to take into account the fact that the potential amount of customers back in 2000 was VASTLY smaller than in 2009 so the PS2 did so much better to reach those numbers in that time than the PS3 has done to reach the same amount of sales in a similar time from a much larger pool of buyers.

Gaming is now a massive industry with many more millions of customers now.

I'm not even sure if Sony matched their 2 year figure. I can say for sure that the PS3 won't sell as many in three years as the PS2 did. The PS2 dominated by year 3. The PS3 will not. For reference, look at this article from '03.

http://news.cnet.com/Sony-sued-over-...3-5097776.html

Here's the important quote, "
    Sony has sold more than 60 million units of the PlayStation 2 worldwide, giving the company a broad lead in the video game hardware market."

Here's another interesting article from January of 2004.

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/madde...003/1185/5183/

Lets face facts, the PS3 is not going to do better than the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by kowenicki View Post
    Thats just a lie... nothing is future proof... FACT.
    haha .. FACT. Kowenicki cuts his own hair. FACT.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I'm not even sure if Sony matched their 2 year figure. I can say for sure that the PS3 won't sell as many in three years as the PS2 did. The PS2 dominated by year 3. The PS3 will not. For reference, look at this article from '03.

http://news.cnet.com/Sony-sued-over-...3-5097776.html

Here's the important quote, "
    Sony has sold more than 60 million units of the PlayStation 2 worldwide, giving the company a broad lead in the video game hardware market."

Here's another interesting article from January of 2004.

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/madde...003/1185/5183/

Lets face facts, the PS3 is not going to do better than the PS2.
    but the funny thing is what your saying isnt a fact, its a opinion you cannot determine the gross outcome of a console not even in mid year when there still posting growth and there att rate keeps on increasing, if a 10 year cycle is realized your opinionated facts will hold know weight, nobody pressumed ps2 to sell as it did upon launch, nobody pressumed its slim would sell as it did nor the gamecube tanking or the xbox, or even the 360 tapering off until the 199 price drop. What your saying again is a generalization of already confirmed sales which doesnt determine the outcome of the systems total gross revenue , its software dependant. And unfortunelty your copy and paste links do not tell us nothing but " i think i think i think" because looking at there numbers with price drops extended throught the ps3s life cycle it may very well surpass the ps2, remember BR is being adopted faster then dvd was and when they price drop would you buy a 199 ps3 or a 199 Br player without firmware update scalablitly?

Apprentice

For the record, holodecks >>>> PS3. And yeah, even before the PS3 was released, all sony has been blowing is hot air. Shut your mouth sony, go develop a game that clearly cant be done anywhere else, then talk. The only game that i've seen like this is MGS4, which was not even first party.

Ant-Lox-Forever
    The PS3, is future proof for what I want to do with it.

I want it to hold my digital content.

I'm not a big gamer, and the only game that would get me to buy another console is Metal Gear Soild.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by rblover69 View Post
    but the funny thing is what your saying isnt a fact, its a opinion you cannot determine the gross outcome of a console not even in mid year when there still posting growth and there att rate keeps on increasing, if a 10 year cycle is realized your opinionated facts will hold know weight, nobody pressumed ps2 to sell as it did upon launch, nobody pressumed its slim would sell as it did nor the gamecube tanking or the xbox, or even the 360 tapering off until the 199 price drop. What your saying again is a generalization of already confirmed sales which doesnt determine the outcome of the systems total gross revenue , its software dependant. And unfortunelty your copy and paste links do not tell us nothing but " i think i think i think" because looking at there numbers with price drops extended throught the ps3s life cycle it may very well surpass the ps2, remember BR is being adopted faster then dvd was and when they price drop would you buy a 199 ps3 or a 199 Br player without firmware update scalablitly?
    Actually yes it is opinion and that was quite obvious as people cannot predict the future. However, I *know* that the PS3 will not sell 40 to 60 million this year and thus will not reach PS2 year 3 levels. I *know* it will not cost 200 dollars this year. I *know* there will be a 50 dollar price cuts, probably in June or July lowering the price to 350. I *know* that by the time the PS3 is at 199, there will be 99 dollar Blu Ray players. I *know* the only reason that Blu Ray player prices have fallen so fast is because they had to compete with HD-DVD. I *know* that if there was a competing disk format back when the PS2 came out with DVD that competition would have driven down DVD player prices faster. These things I *know*. I am right and you are wrong.

Thread Information