Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 358
  1. #26
    Sublimely Static
    Staticneuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vekta
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,995
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    17,483 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TreborReversed View Post
    Made me chuckle but it was a little unclear if u was being sarcastic lol

    Wasn't quite sure if you was supporting my argument or slating it hehe
    HA!

    I was just being sarcastic. It would be nice if they dropped the price. It might make them take an competitive edge.

    But NEEDING to, is just over the top. As you say, it depends on if they can and whatever the best interest for the company is.

    They've been around for a while. I don't expect them to need help from forum gurus to run their business.

  2. #27
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticneuron View Post
    HA!
    They've been around for a while. I don't expect them to need help from forum gurus to run their business.
    Who knows you might get a call lol

  3. #28
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,107
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    41,151 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    NOTHING in electronics is future proof. NOTHING!

    How arrogant of any company to make such a stupid claim.
    door bells ?

  4. #29
    Lunar_Chaos
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    NOTHING in electronics is future proof. NOTHING!

    How arrogant of any company to make such a stupid claim.
    I agree.

  5. #30
    Elite Member
    rblover69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,503
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    263 (0 Banked)
    i think ps3 offers the most overall scalability and capability as it stands right now more so then the 360 for sure, but future proof could only come in a form of upgraded to existing hardware to the cell. Unless that's there intentions there is nothing future proof in the current consoles state.
    VPCEB17FX Bose Companion System
    50' SXRD XBR2 & DAV-HDX274 Theatre
    PS3 320GB & 500GB & PSP GO 32GB

  6. #31
    Superior Member
    BLAZEFACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    45
    Points
    269 (0 Banked)
    I cant wait to see what games are going to look like once they start using the full power of the ps3

  7. #32
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAZEFACE View Post
    I cant wait to see what games are going to look like once they start using the full power of the ps3

    Something Unchartered 2 is claiming

  8. #33
    Elite Member
    rblover69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,503
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    263 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TreborReversed View Post
    Something Unchartered 2 is claiming
    and that game looks better then any console game to date might i add.
    VPCEB17FX Bose Companion System
    50' SXRD XBR2 & DAV-HDX274 Theatre
    PS3 320GB & 500GB & PSP GO 32GB

  9. #34
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by rblover69 View Post
    and that game looks better then any console game to date might i add.
    Exactly, but i also like the huge line up games we shall be getting this year, and its gonna be quality titles as well

  10. #35
    Member
    Thanatos465's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    I could see me playing for that time, I love my Ps3

  11. #36
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,552
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    11,613 (0 Banked)
    The main reason that PS3 is low in selling , that there are no copy games for it, which was a very important reason why PS2 sold this huge number of copies

  12. #37
    Elite Member
    rblover69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,503
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    263 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    The main reason that PS3 is low in selling , that there are no copy games for it, which was a very important reason why PS2 sold this huge number of copies
    your contributing the entire success of the ps2 due to piracy?
    VPCEB17FX Bose Companion System
    50' SXRD XBR2 & DAV-HDX274 Theatre
    PS3 320GB & 500GB & PSP GO 32GB

  13. #38
    Superior Member
    mjolnirV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    23
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    7 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimeran Killer View Post
    That's the reason I switched from 360 to PS3.
    Way to drink the Kool-Aid. Better just hope that Kaz Hirai didn't stick his junk in he pitcher before he offered it to you.

    CELL!
    2X THE FLOPS!
    IT'S FUTURE PROOF!

    As far as I'm concerned, the Ps3 is enviable for two reasons- exclusive games from Naughty Dog and Media Molecule. THOSE are what's worth people's time and money and support.

  14. #39
    Elite Guru
    Alpha2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,844
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    2,612 (0 Banked)
    for the love of... Future proof only means that they can scale up the system to do new things through the firmware. Adding new features to Bluray, fixing up the XMB, better graphics, fancier tech inside, a deep well or computing power that you can wring more out of with skillfull programming.

    THAT is what future proof means.

  15. #40
    Elite Member
    rblover69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,503
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    263 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha2 View Post
    for the love of... Future proof only means that they can scale up the system to do new things through the firmware. Adding new features to Bluray, fixing up the XMB, better graphics, fancier tech inside, a deep well or computing power that you can wring more out of with skillfull programming.

    THAT is what future proof means.
    i 100% agree the recipe is there for ps4 this is a simply ps4 in my view which will be cheaper by then in every way on a 45nm scale

    1. More SPUs
    2. More RAM
    3. Updated Graphics processor
    4. Faster optical drive
    5. Smaller

    future proof is safe to say when this technology is lending itself to its own life cycle parrallel to multi threaded GPUS.

    based on existing ps3 hardware why isnt this the direction they would go. lol
    VPCEB17FX Bose Companion System
    50' SXRD XBR2 & DAV-HDX274 Theatre
    PS3 320GB & 500GB & PSP GO 32GB

  16. #41
    Elite Guru
    DeputyDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,185
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    247 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntpulla View Post
    sony also needs to worry about being present proof, withe the economy in the state that it's in, they need a price cut.
    A price cut would actually hurt them more and bring them closer to the end. They have barely started breaking even with the PS3's. A price cut will cause them to lose a lot of money quickly. For business reasons, that's why they haven't had a price cut yet. They are trying to get as far as they can without one. They haven't lost any sales, they are about the same amount each month. Once the sales start to significantly drop, then you'll see a price cut. So don't expect one till Killzone 2 sales start to die down. Unless they make a surprise announcement of a PS3 price cut for Killzone 2.

  17. #42
    Power Member
    Kopkiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,968
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    6,467 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We're just posting this now? Sony have called the PS3 future proof in just about every interview since they released the damn thing.

  18. #43
    InfiniteRetro
    Guest
    considering the ps3 has hit the 20 million mark in just on two years faster than the xbox id like them to not do a price cut. it would hurt them, and the system in what it offers can be future proof to a degree.

  19. #44
    Beware the Bomb-Head!
    no1kevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,094
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    5,267 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TreborReversed View Post
    ... sales-wise its supposidly surpast the ps2 at this stage
    The problem with this being used all the time to show how well the PS3 is doing is it fails to take into account the fact that the potential amount of customers back in 2000 was VASTLY smaller than in 2009 so the PS2 did so much better to reach those numbers in that time than the PS3 has done to reach the same amount of sales in a similar time from a much larger pool of buyers.

    Gaming is now a massive industry with many more millions of customers now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  20. #45
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    14,886 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by no1kevlin View Post
    The problem with this being used all the time to show how well the PS3 is doing is it fails to take into account the fact that the potential amount of customers back in 2000 was VASTLY smaller than in 2009 so the PS2 did so much better to reach those numbers in that time than the PS3 has done to reach the same amount of sales in a similar time from a much larger pool of buyers.

    Gaming is now a massive industry with many more millions of customers now.

    I'm not even sure if Sony matched their 2 year figure. I can say for sure that the PS3 won't sell as many in three years as the PS2 did. The PS2 dominated by year 3. The PS3 will not. For reference, look at this article from '03.

    http://news.cnet.com/Sony-sued-over-...3-5097776.html

    Here's the important quote, "
    Sony has sold more than 60 million units of the PlayStation 2 worldwide, giving the company a broad lead in the video game hardware market."


    Here's another interesting article from January of 2004.


    http://www.gamedaily.com/games/madde...003/1185/5183/


    Lets face facts, the PS3 is not going to do better than the PS2.

  21. #46
    Newbie
    bryan_cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    131 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kowenicki View Post
    Thats just a lie... nothing is future proof... FACT.
    haha .. FACT. Kowenicki cuts his own hair. FACT.

  22. #47
    Elite Member
    rblover69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,503
    Rep Power
    49
    Points
    263 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I'm not even sure if Sony matched their 2 year figure. I can say for sure that the PS3 won't sell as many in three years as the PS2 did. The PS2 dominated by year 3. The PS3 will not. For reference, look at this article from '03.

    http://news.cnet.com/Sony-sued-over-...3-5097776.html

    Here's the important quote, "
    Sony has sold more than 60 million units of the PlayStation 2 worldwide, giving the company a broad lead in the video game hardware market."


    Here's another interesting article from January of 2004.


    http://www.gamedaily.com/games/madde...003/1185/5183/


    Lets face facts, the PS3 is not going to do better than the PS2.
    but the funny thing is what your saying isnt a fact, its a opinion you cannot determine the gross outcome of a console not even in mid year when there still posting growth and there att rate keeps on increasing, if a 10 year cycle is realized your opinionated facts will hold know weight, nobody pressumed ps2 to sell as it did upon launch, nobody pressumed its slim would sell as it did nor the gamecube tanking or the xbox, or even the 360 tapering off until the 199 price drop. What your saying again is a generalization of already confirmed sales which doesnt determine the outcome of the systems total gross revenue , its software dependant. And unfortunelty your copy and paste links do not tell us nothing but " i think i think i think" because looking at there numbers with price drops extended throught the ps3s life cycle it may very well surpass the ps2, remember BR is being adopted faster then dvd was and when they price drop would you buy a 199 ps3 or a 199 Br player without firmware update scalablitly?
    VPCEB17FX Bose Companion System
    50' SXRD XBR2 & DAV-HDX274 Theatre
    PS3 320GB & 500GB & PSP GO 32GB

  23. #48
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    For the record, holodecks >>>> PS3. And yeah, even before the PS3 was released, all sony has been blowing is hot air. Shut your mouth sony, go develop a game that clearly cant be done anywhere else, then talk. The only game that i've seen like this is MGS4, which was not even first party.

  24. #49
    Ant-Lox-Forever
    Guest
    The PS3, is future proof for what I want to do with it.

    I want it to hold my digital content.

    I'm not a big gamer, and the only game that would get me to buy another console is Metal Gear Soild.

  25. #50
    Super Elite

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    14,886 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by rblover69 View Post
    but the funny thing is what your saying isnt a fact, its a opinion you cannot determine the gross outcome of a console not even in mid year when there still posting growth and there att rate keeps on increasing, if a 10 year cycle is realized your opinionated facts will hold know weight, nobody pressumed ps2 to sell as it did upon launch, nobody pressumed its slim would sell as it did nor the gamecube tanking or the xbox, or even the 360 tapering off until the 199 price drop. What your saying again is a generalization of already confirmed sales which doesnt determine the outcome of the systems total gross revenue , its software dependant. And unfortunelty your copy and paste links do not tell us nothing but " i think i think i think" because looking at there numbers with price drops extended throught the ps3s life cycle it may very well surpass the ps2, remember BR is being adopted faster then dvd was and when they price drop would you buy a 199 ps3 or a 199 Br player without firmware update scalablitly?
    Actually yes it is opinion and that was quite obvious as people cannot predict the future. However, I *know* that the PS3 will not sell 40 to 60 million this year and thus will not reach PS2 year 3 levels. I *know* it will not cost 200 dollars this year. I *know* there will be a 50 dollar price cuts, probably in June or July lowering the price to 350. I *know* that by the time the PS3 is at 199, there will be 99 dollar Blu Ray players. I *know* the only reason that Blu Ray player prices have fallen so fast is because they had to compete with HD-DVD. I *know* that if there was a competing disk format back when the PS2 came out with DVD that competition would have driven down DVD player prices faster. These things I *know*. I am right and you are wrong.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.