Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Im glad this is my hobby. [Defining Moments]

Was there ever a moment in your gaming life where something happened in a game that made you think to yourself, Im glad this is my hobby. What moment(s) made you glad to be a gamer? What was/are some of the defining moments? Me? It would have to be playing Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Oblivion. I dont know what it was about them, or at what point I felt it but those games made me so thankful I was/am into gaming.

Elite Sage
    All of MGS4, the story in Heavenly Sword and Uncharted, the fun from Warhawk and the exploration of Fallout 3.

There are many great moments and not enough time to write them up. The games above provided me with the best experiences though.

gruddy gruddy gruddy gruddy

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gruddy View Post
    All of MGS4, the story in Heavenly Sword and Uncharted, the fun from Warhawk and the exploration of Fallout 3.

There are many great moments and not enough time to write them up. The games above provided me with the best experiences though.
    I still haven't picked up those games due to getting my PS3 in December.

I know Fallout 3 is going to bring tears to my eyes.

Forum Elder
    The arena in Shadowrun on the SNES
    FFVII in its entirety
    No-respawns multiplayer on Medal of Honor Allied Assault
    COD4 (everything - campaign and multiplayer)
    Most of Super Mario World
    Most of Super Mario 64
    GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas
    Saints Row 2 co-op
    Battlefield 2
    Bioshock (everything except the stupid fetch quests and the ending)
    The whole vibe of Silent Hill 1, 2 and 4 (especially the peephole in 4, the whole of 4 actually, awesome game)
    Resident Evil 4 (beginning to end, everything about it)
    Halo 3's ending
    Being pleasantly surprised by how good a game Condemned was
    Fifa with friends
    Absolutely everything about Ultima Online
    Some of the better quests in Oblivion
    All of Fallout 3
    Leagues in swos on the Amiga
    The Ski Jump in stunt car racer
    Syndicate, from beginning to end
    LTTP

Blah blah blah

Way way more, seriously I could go on all day, damn I love gaming

PEACE.LOVE.UNITY.RESPECT.
    Most recently MGS4 totally made me happy to be a gamer and have gotten the chance to play each on in the series (so far).

I'm mostly an online gamer though and there are alot of moments that make me glad to be a gamer. Everytime in Socom when you are the last man standing and you take out the rest of the team for win. In Battlefield when you team up with your squad and storm the enemy base. They are all great and every game brings it's own experince.

There is too many moments for me to list
    .Church of $in. - Leader
    Elite SOCOM Clan & BF:BC 2 Lone Wolf

Socom 4 -Fall 2010
    "Time To Get Some Skill Noobs"

CoD: WaW online GP
    GTA IV

Conc jumping Medic in TFC. Doubt anyone will know what I'm talking about.
    'One day patriotic thugs will dance to songs of justice and give apologies for immeasurably acted perfection'

Elite Guru
    Games that stick with me are the likes of Super Mario Bros 3 and Zelda Link To The Past.

I was a Nintendo child growing up, being allowed to stay up all night with my dad to play these games were really good times.

Ah the memories.

Nowadays, any game that makes me go 'wow' makes me happy this is my entertainment choice.

Apprentice

MGS4 - The entirety of Act 4... seriously. Words cannot adequately describe the heart-rending nostalgia I felt for most of that act.

That's the most intense one in recent memory. A late one is the happy-fun-win of LocoRoco . Not really on the same level as MGS4 though.
    PSN: pillaysteven

Feel free to comment on my blogs.

That Band Is Awful
    PSN ID
    pasta_fire
    Link to the past definitely as well as everything on n64 and a couple titles on the ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Edeuinu View Post
    Conc jumping Medic in TFC. Doubt anyone will know what I'm talking about.
    I do! I miss that game so much. That game got me into all the games I play now. <3 TFC. TF2 is so much fun.

Probably making my own character, then winning every imaginable scoring trophy and the Stanley Cup in NHL 09. It's also pretty fun to score the game winning overtime goal or the shootout goal to win the game.

Rock Band is a pretty immersive experience and makes me enjoy gaming every time I play.
    PSN ID: modelmp30.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Elite Guru
    Metal Gear Solid

It's the only game I ever truly felt glad I was a gamer. It was probably the game that actually got me hooked on games. Always looking for the next big hit.. and unfortunately nothings come close since.

Elite Member
    oblivion is for me, this game got me so bad, i started to believe i was a real character in the game.

oblivion, gta4, mgs4, gear1,2, bioshock, mass effect, and uncharted, and fear made me proud to be a gamer, and the rest of last gen games
    I had cheated on my ps3 and slept with the 360.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    King_Mathers
    How many more of these threads will we see?
    Anyways, I dont think there was ever a monet when I was playing a game, that I was happy that I was doing it. Games are entertaining, but not my life. To me games are a space filler, not hobby. Like when I have nothing better to do, I play games.
    PSN: King_Mathers | XBL GT: Gymkhana King

Playstation 4 | XBOX 360

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by play_b3yond_313
    How many more of these threads will we see?
    Anyways, I dont think there was ever a monet when I was playing a game, that I was happy that I was doing it. Games are entertaining, but not my life. To me games are a space filler, not hobby. Like when I have nothing better to do, I play games.
    You're thinking too far into this. The OP is asking you if there were any moments that reminded you why gaming is your hobby. He's not asking you what sexual positions you use with your consoles (like Jack Black at the VGAs).

But anyway....my answer is:

Fister Roboto
    Your image embed failed Ixion.

And probably the time I scored 7 helicopters in one shipment HQ in COD 4 made me feel proud. Me and my friend were fighter to get our chopper in the sky and I timed it perfectly and got it up. It was this frag fest where there was an explosion every .02 seconds. It was so funny I cried with laughter.

I loved that

"The Secret Ingredient Is Phone"

Apprentice
    i've just recently realized why gaming is my hobby due to my discovery of the Shotgun on MGO I love the feling I get to put someone on their @$$ and then kill them and then they try to kick me for being a shotty noob LOL gotta love it

Sublimely Static
    Very specific games caused me to think things like this. And it was only because I grew up gaming. When I first played FFVII, that just made me think back on the early days of gaming and i was happy to see the changes.

Xenogears solidified the reason that I gamed more than I read. It wasn't that you actually read less words during gameplay in that era, it was words plus so much more. At that point, xenogears showed me the depth of story telling in video games. The perfect fusion between text description and speach and visual design and cues. There is so much more information that can be given to a gamer in that medium. There are many clues and links that surpasses anything a movie can do and because it has visuals and sounds, also surpass what books alone can do.

MGS series, Zone of the enders 2, Shadows of the collussus, okami, Acecombat 4 and acecombat 5 are just many of the reasons why I hope games as an entertainment medium never die and never lose thier varied means of conveying information.

saso_7
    for me it would have to be Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty, after finishing the game i never forget i was in complete awe, i was just so amazed by the graphical showcase this game was & to me at the time the story was unparalled.

MGS2 was the game that made me appreciate being a gamer..MGS4 was cool, but after being a gamer for so long & playing great games you kinda get numb to it

Final Fantasy Tactics, that game just never gets old for me.
    Final Fantasy 9 such an awesome game
    Final Fantasy 10, my first PS2 game and man I freaking loved it, I'm kinda sad I sold it with my PS2 earlier so I'm gonna have to repurchase it.
    Killzone 2 demo, seriously such an awesome game.
    Fifa 08 for PS2 first, one of the best games I've played.
    Metal Gear Solid 3 + 4, great stories and I love the way the gameplay is set up.
    Dynasty Warriors 3 + 5, such great games IMO.

I have to say... I didnt get into gaming until a lil bit later because everything was always my older brothers but when I got my own system (ps1) it was awesome. Heres a few of my greatest memories.

1. Playing Silent Hill in my basement with my best friend while the lights were off at 2 in the morning. I was like 7 or 8.

2. The first time i beat FFVII was pretty epic.

3. Ocarina Of Time.

4. My first real Playthroughs of MGS1 and MGS2.

5. FFX my first game for PS2.

6. Getting Sponsored in CS:S

7. MGS4 Nuff said.

Elite Member
    The best was when I was playing Warcraft 3 and the people I met online there are still some of my best friends to this day.

Aside from that, gaming has allowed me to help other people need advice when they get stuck or just help to get better.

Superior Member
    Battlefield 1942/Vietnam, I've made some very good friends back there.
    [ PLAYSTATION 3 鋼-HAGANE ] [ ... ] [ ... ]

必殺!火の鳥星

Master Guru
    Pretty much every game i've played. I love gaming because it's an escape from real life. Some people would say that it's for losers, or the easy way out. While trying to keep real life responsibilities, i can always fall back on gaming to just say to myself. "Hey, all of life doesn't have to be taken seriously, we can have a good time here and there".

Thread Information