Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

PS3 isn't has expensive as it sounds...

If you start now, putting down 50 dollors a pay onto your PS3 you could get the 600 dollor PS3, if you put down 75 dollors a pay then you could get the PS3 a couple games and an extra controler. Everyone is ranting over the price, well if its to expensive for you now then wait a while. But it is not that expensive if you manage your money correctly.

Ohh and this is my first post, I've been trolling for about 5 months.

Master Poster
    Nah, the technical term is "lurking". Trolling is when you try to pick fights with people for no reason, e.g. going to the X360 forum and saying PS3 will kick MS's arse.

Welcome to the forums There are already threads about this (though I agree that it's not that expensive in the greater scheme of things).

Superior Member

I agree, i hate all the people with 360s laughing at the PS3 price, just ask them how much thay paid for there xbox+live so far, probably more than the PS3 will cost...
    PSN= GCOOP81

Forum Elder
    Exactly. With PS3's free online with video chatting, voice chat, account management etc. etc. PS3 is an unbeatable combination! I'm surprised that anyone CAN even mention the price in a negative way... Even Harrison cleared up the issue for us, both the consoles are great. The major difference is the HDMI output and wifi?

But yes, I 100% agree with you, Osirus... the PS3 is very inexpensive for it's value. And I'll be standing in that line on November 17th, rain or shine... to get one

VERSA'S MOST ANTICIPATED GAMES OF 2008
    GTA IV DLC - Little Big Planet- Gears of War 2 - Too Human - Fable 2

Master Poster
    People should look at the specs of the console and then the price and then compare everything to other systems. Then they'll see that PS3 is a bargain for what it offers (yes 700 posts).

Apprentice

Sony said the PS3 was going to have dual HDMI and that there wasnt going to be more than one SKU but now there is and if you believe that there online will beat XBL for free your smoking crack. Oh and stop comparing the price of PS3 online free with XBL. Sony cant even get the Socom maps out on-time and they havent launched there PSP Music download service yet either. When they do launch their PS3 network it will be just like PS2 online. I know I know im hating right? No Im not im just getting ready for the worse so that im not like you guys when they drop a bomb and say oh yeah we will charge. $#@!ING IDIOTS!

Im a fan of video Games but you guys either spend time arguing with people about what system is better and if its better than 360 and does my magic dwarf have 100hp. Grow up and get a life its video games and NO SONY, NINTENDO, and MICROSOFT could give a rats ass about any of us. Its all about making money period.

Dude, take a chill pill. Don't make attacks on other members either . - The_One
    Currently Extended in Iraq Until April 2008!!! WTF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ESolis
    Sony said the PS3 was going to have dual HDMI and that there wasnt going to be more than one SKU but now there is and if you believe that there online will beat XBL for free your smoking crack. Oh and stop comparing the price of PS3 online free with XBL. Sony cant even get the Socom maps out on-time and they havent launched there PSP Music download service yet either. When they do launch their PS3 network it will be just like PS2 online. I know I know im hating right? No Im not im just getting ready for the worse so that im not like you guys when they drop a bomb and say oh yeah we will charge. *expletive deleted* IDIOTS!

Im a fan of video Games but you guys either spend time arguing with people about what system is better and if its better than 360 and does my magic dwarf have 100hp. Grow up and get a life its video games and NO SONY, NINTENDO, and MICROSOFT could give a rats ass about any of us. Its all about making money period.
    Yeah, see, i think they would give any portion of a rat that we wanted because we're the ones that make them money

And yeah, PS3 can do the Live thing w/o charging money because the consoles themselves can act like servers, so we dont need to pay money for the company's servers. Just a new way of doing things. And if it makes it free, i like it
    Setup of a college gamer short on cash:
    20GB PS3 (with 160GB HDD), Acer 22" Monitor, Logitech Z-2300 speakers with harmon/kardon rear speakers connected to a Creative X-fi 5.1 card, Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel, and a ton of racing games with a few FPSes sprinkled in.

Sony said the PS3 was going to have dual HDMI and that there wasnt going to be more than one SKU but now there is and if you believe that there online will beat XBL for free your smoking crack. Oh and stop comparing the price of PS3 online free with XBL. Sony cant even get the Socom maps out on-time and they havent launched there PSP Music download service yet either. When they do launch their PS3 network it will be just like PS2 online. I know I know im hating right? No Im not im just getting ready for the worse so that im not like you guys when they drop a bomb and say oh yeah we will charge. *expletive deleted* IDIOTS!

You might had a couple good point if not for the trollish nature of your post.

Seriously, you seem like a good guy with things to say, but you rub people the wrong way with your attitude.

Elite Guru
    That can work both ways, dont you think?

Sony has been working for many years on their online platform, and im sure it will give XBL a hell of a run for their money. Warhas changed.....

Apprentice

Not trying to rub people the wrong way I am a gamer first and foremost and I enjoy talking about good point and new features but I dont like being lied to. Case in Point when the VP of Sony Europe said that the PS3 would be about 619.00 people flipped and then Sony came back and said oh no he was misquoted and he was just bringing up the price of blu-ray and every other excuse they could think of. But low and behold he was telling the truth. You guys have to admit that they have not been forthcoming with us. I am not saying that Nintendo or MS have been great either but Sony has to be the worst of the bunch and with blind fanboy loyalist that wont try anything else in fear that they might like it stupid on their part you will miss out on much. If Sony online is as good as XBL why didnt they feature more of that instead of GT-HD? I think I have given good and valid reasons why I dont believe it will be but if it is then hey thats a bonus for me but if its not then I wont care because my hope were never that high to begin with!

My point is that Somewhere in Sony HQ some one is laughing at us. We will lie to them and they will still buy it.

Not trying to rub people the wrong way I am a gamer first and foremost and I enjoy talking about good point and new features but I dont like being lied to. Case in Point when the VP of Sony Europe said that the PS3 would be about 619.00 people flipped and then Sony came back and said oh no he was misquoted and he was just bringing up the price of blu-ray and every other excuse they could think of. But low and behold he was telling the truth. You guys have to admit that they have not been forthcoming with us. I am not saying that Nintendo or MS have been great either but Sony has to be the worst of the bunch and with blind fanboy loyalist that wont try anything else in fear that they might like it stupid on their part you will miss out on much. If Sony online is as good as XBL why didnt they feature more of that instead of GT-HD? I think I have given good and valid reasons why I dont believe it will be but if it is then hey thats a bonus for me but if its not then I wont care because my hope were never that high to begin with!
    I understand what you're saying, I feel disappointed with Sony's lackluster effort at E3 too.

But I have a theory that Sony isn't finished yet, I think Sony knew they wouldn't fare well here in America. So I think they're going to deliver a heavy blow to the competition on their home turf, TGS. It would also makes sense to reveal everything near launch time because the competitors won't have time to respond before Sony launches PS3. It would make sense why they're keeping quiet about PS3 and everything else (so the competitors can't plan to copy them or something).

If not, then I really question their sense of business.

They're company's they will always make up lies, and try to make it sound like their system is the best. Sony, and their PS3 is a way to get Blu-ray out there. But yes it will help with games down the road.
    To back this up I know for a fact microsoft doesn't care about its consumers. They realease operating systems that are known to have over a thousand different bugs and conflicts.
    But thats beside the point, we are getting a good deal with the PS3, and thats fact.
    PSN ID: DigitalNinja Add Me! [Games I own][Fallout 3][Resistance 1][ Resistance 2][Little big planet][PoP][Heavenly Sword][Motorstorm 1][Motorstorm 2][Bioshock][Metal Gear Solid 4][Time Crisis][Ratchet and Clank][Uncharted]

Apprentice

I don't know if this has been said before but I have been hearing far too much complaining about the PS3 price (and for those who see why the PS3 is still a great bargain I congratulate you), so just to keep your spirits up, I will tell you why you shouldn't be complaining about the PS3 price......

first of all lets see our competition at MS, in order for you the 360 to match the PS3 (599$ version) in features (equally or in other ways) here is what you would have to buy.......

First of all you would have to buy a core package for $300

Then you would have to buy a 60 GB, since the 20 GB HDD is $100 lets say a 60GB HDD would cost $200

Ok now letís look at WiFi, a WiFi adapter for it cost $100

Now letís get a next-gen format player, the HD-DVD. It won't be able to play games but I won't hold that against it, letís say, lets just say that MS somehow found a way to sell a HD-DVD player for $150, lets just say.

Now you have to pay $50 dollars a year for 5 years (since the PS3 will offer more then what the Xbox live gold does, and it will be free, and after 5 years they should be making the next whatever box) now that would be $250 for live service

last but not least I will throw in the all the third party support, but you don't have to count that if you don't want to and like I said there is still more that the PS3 can do that the 360 can't.

Ok so far a 360 that can match the PS3 in almost every way would cost you.......$1000, is any one still going to complain about $599?

Apprentice

I have owned every PS product to date. Last time they burned me minus the PSP was with the PS2 HDD. They promissed so much and didnt give me anything more than a heavier PS2. So I got even and started ripping there games to the HDD and taking games back to the store. Not right I know some of you will say but neither is charging someone 100 dollars and promissing the stars and the moon only to get nothing so you can understand why I am bitter towards sony.

As for the PSP I have like 12 movies and 3 games. Whats wrong with those numbers? Nothing but promises to elevate the handheld market out of the gaming ghetto but the ghetto is where all the love is(DS).

Dont get me wrong I will get a PS3 but I wont be an early adopter and I will wait for at least 2 or more price drops.

Superior Member
    Heh my 360 cost me around 579 bucks. I got it at a mall in Long Island, NY bought 1 game and payed a crap load of tax.

I'm gonna get my Ps3 in Jersey where the tax is 3%... so my ps3 will run me about 670 bucks. Thats only like 90 more dollars. Thats not THAT big a deal.

I don't see how 360 owners can $#@! about this, It's just a hundred buck diffrence.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Piotr
    Heh my 360 cost me around 579 bucks. I got it at a mall in Long Island, NY bought 1 game and payed a crap load of tax.

I'm gonna get my Ps3 in Jersey where the tax is 3%... so my ps3 will run me about 670 bucks. Thats only like 90 more dollars. Thats not THAT big a deal.

I don't see how 360 owners can *expletive deleted* about this, It's just a hundred buck diffrence.
    And that 100$ difference will be nothing in 2 years because of Xbox live.Like the 360 fans said, you get what you pay for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Elite
    charging someone 100 dollars and promissing the stars and the moon only to get nothing so you can understand why I am bitter towards sony.
    Not exactly you're still getting the most powerful next-gen console, with blu-ray support, with 20-60GB HDD, with wi-fi, with innovative controller, etc.

Look at it this way:

Premium Xbox360+HD-DVD player = around 600 dollars
    Basic PS3 = 499 dollars

Both of these can play HD-movies
    Both have 20GB HDD
    However PS3 is still more powerful and is also cheaper.

yeah and i'm tired of hearing everyone say that the ps3 didn't have enough realtime demos its six months before launch the showing is incredible.

Apprentice

Sony King you are funny but all jokes aside welcome to the forum.

lets get the facts straight about your post.
    there is already a rumor that the 360 will see a big price drop come PS3's launch on gamespot they said that premium would be 299.99 and core 219.99 but lets see if that happens so thats price right there.

In the same article there was a rumored 100GB HDD in the works, IF you want to compare wifi you need to add more to the PS3 then because the PS3 is only b/g where as the 360 adapter is a/b/g and a is way faster than b or g. but I like it as an option because there is no portable fo MS. Also ethernet is the way to go for online anyway. I have a nice set-up and its all connected with wires.

There is nothing wrong with DVD and to prove that GTA IV will be on blu-ray for you and DVD for us so there same game but your paying extra for a player that might not win the format war and if your up on your home theater stuff HD-DVD has sold out in Japan and here in America. So there is no guarantee that Blu-ray might be around for anything more than PS3 games(oh let me remind you of Beta-max, mini-disc, Atrac sound format, all failures) But if HD win I buy a player not the 360 one but a real one (console players suck anyway) but its nice that MS is giving the gamers an option and not screwing them with a bigger cost. If you dont agree with this part then you are not being reasonable you are being completely biased.

I have had my live gamer tag since XBL came out and love it. Yeah its 50 bucks a year but it is well worth it. Now if you dont want to play online then fine dont but you can still get online and DL content and games and everything else for free. Oh did you forget the fact that sony said developers might charge a fee if they wanted. What if they did say 5 bucks a month for one game. Say Socom, I Love that game and have owned every sequal but what if they carged 5 bucks a month? That would be 60 dollars a year for one game.WOW 10 bucks more and for just one game. Dont say they wouldnt do it because FF did for the PS2. You dont know and I dont know what Sony's online plan is but normally free means reduced quality.

Third Party developers are making cross platform games more and more now so moot point but hey let me bring this up did you ever notice how The new controller has a built in rechargeable battery? What happens after a year or so with rechargeable battereis? They need to be replaced and for PS3 that mean a new controller and you always keep the old one plugged in. I know those controllers wont be cheap either.

Again welcome to the forum and let the knowledge begin.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Sony King
    I don't know if this has been said before but I have been hearing far too much complaining about the PS3 price (and for those who see why the PS3 is still a great bargain I congratulate you), so just to keep your spirits up, I will tell you why you shouldn't be complaining about the PS3 price......

first of all lets see our competition at MS, in order for you the 360 to match the PS3 (599$ version) in features (equally or in other ways) here is what you would have to buy.......

Then you would have to buy a 60 GB, since the 20 GB HDD is $100 lets say a 60GB HDD would cost $200

Now letís get a next-gen format player, the HD-DVD. It won't be able to play games but I won't hold that against it, letís say, lets just say that MS somehow found a way to sell a HD-DVD player for $150, lets just say.

Now you have to pay $50 dollars a year for 5 years (since the PS3 will offer more then what the Xbox live gold does, and it will be free, and after 5 years they should be making the next whatever box) now that would be $250 for live service

last but not least I will throw in the all the third party support, but you don't have to count that if you don't want to and like I said there is still more that the PS3 can do that the 360 can't.

Ok so far a 360 that can match the PS3 in almost every way would cost you.......$1000, is any one still going to complain about $599?
    Isn't it funny how Sony fans try to make up all sorts of packages to make PS3's price sound fair. What if people don't want a HDDVD player? What if they don't want to play online? What if they don't even want Wifi? What if all they want is a gaming machine? What if they want to wait and see who wins the format war before they start building up their HD movie library?
    Wasn't Sony bragging at their E3 conference that they had 3 million players online? Out of 100 million consoles that's just 3% of people playing online. Looks to me like online gaming is only used by hardcore gamers. All the imaginary packages you guys are coming up with are great for the hardcore gamers but for the casual gamer that just wants to play Madden with his friends on the couch a core 360 is enough.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by roxormyboxors

Isn't it funny how Sony fans try to make up all sorts of packages to make PS3's price sound fair. What if people don't want a HDDVD player? What if they don't want to play online? What if they don't even want Wifi? What if all they want is a gaming machine?
    Wasn't Sony bragging at their E3 conference that they had 3 million players online? Out of 100 million consoles that's just 3% of people playing online. Looks to me like online gaming is only used by hardcore gamers. All the imaginary packages you guys are coming up with are great for the hardcore gamers but for the casual gamer that just wants to play Madden with his friends on the couch a core 360 is enough.
    I have a 360 myself so watch who you call a fan boy, to be honest with you, since the PS3 is going to be the only console with the true "next-gen" hardware out of the box, I don't care if Sony charged $1000 for it, it would still be a bargain for all the tech that is included and I would still buy it, oh and you avatar makes me laugh, because right now my 360 is at MS's repair center for the 3rd time because of it's overheating problems, you say the PS3 looks like a grill, but only the 360 can be used as a grill lol.

Apprentice

Isn't it funny how Sony fans try to make up all sorts of packages to make PS3's price sound fair. What if people don't want a HDDVD player? What if they don't want to play online? What if they don't even want Wifi? What if all they want is a gaming machine?
    I have a 360 myself so watch who you call a fan boy, to be honest with you, since the PS3 is going to be the only console with the true "next-gen" hardware out of the box, I don't care if Sony charged $1000 for it, it would still be a bargain for all the tech that is included and I would still buy it, oh and you avatar makes me laugh, because right now my 360 is at MS's repair center for the 3rd time because of it's overheating problems, you say the PS3 looks like a grill, but only the 360 can be used as a grill lol.
    I like how you skipped over all my points and went directly to try to insult me with a console that I don't even own

Apprentice

Isn't it funny how Sony fans try to make up all sorts of packages to make PS3's price sound fair. What if people don't want a HDDVD player? What if they don't want to play online? What if they don't even want Wifi? What if all they want is a gaming machine? What if they want to wait and see who wins the format war before they start building up their HD movie library?
    Ok mister, if someone doesnít want any of that why would they even get a 360 or PS3, wouldn't the casual gamer that just wants to play Madden just stick to his PS2, why would he even bother getting a 360 or PS3 if Madden comes out on the current-gen consoles as well, It really doesnít matter if you own a 360 or not, I was just pointing out that a 360 would fit perfectly instead of the PS3 in your avatar, because the 360 makes some really decent burgers lol, but I don't want to start anything here, I just want to have fun in these forums, I would like it if you didn't criticize me for every post I make.

Apprentice

I want to know where any one called you a FAN BOY? Your new to the threads and trust me we dont need more trouble makers.

Apprentice

I want to know where any one called you a FAN BOY? Your new to the threads and trust me we dont need more trouble makers.
    Sorry if I got you mad , but if you look at the post right above yours, what I responded to was directed to me, but once again sorry if I made you mad, I am new here so I donít know the rules that well.

Thread Information