Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

No "one game" is going to help the PS3 sustain

I didn't follow PS2's software sales or hardware sales so I didn't realize this until recently.

No "one game" is going to help the PS3 get a big boost/sustained boost in hardware sales. Not even Killzone 2.

It's the combination of all of those games that are out on PS3 and how much it will go for, is what will capture people from different markets.

What I'm saying is very simple and I'm sure most understand but I just wanted to say it so the sales of PS3 next month (and the coming months) do not disappoint some fans here who feel that PS3 should get a big sustainable boost due to Killzone 2.

The only thing these games are doing is that they're giving "more" reasons to own the console, not the "only" reasons supposedly needed as some may believe.

It's only a matter of time until the PS3 will hit the mainstream. It's just a natural progression of how consoles sell. They start with the hardcore and then they're cheap enough for the rest. The funny thing is that the hardcore will always pay the most, and buy the most while the mainstream reap those benefits.

Damn you mainstream/casuals!

Super Elite
    not one game but alot of great games will

"everybody was kung fu fighting"

Super Elite
    Well in the NeoGaf forums a member mentioned he bought his first PS3 to play..get this..Flower. Just goes to show it's not just retail titles that may boost sales but even the lonely $10 downloadable games.
    Can't spell Crosby without cry.
    XBL: SheriffofPaddys PSN: Jrod87

atomsk
    thank you, now take us back to orbit captain obvious

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    Well in the NeoGaf forums a member mentioned he bought his first PS3 to play..get this..Flower. Just goes to show it's not just retail titles that may boost sales but even the lonely $10 downloadable games.
    It's funny you should mention that, but I read that too and even though that might seem like the reason for it, I'm sure he looked at other games too. Which got me thinking that people usually say they got a certain console to buy a certain game but really, most people look at other things first before making their purchase.

So, in the end, we end up thinking that maybe one game can do that. When that's not true most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by atomsk View Post
    Aye aye

Superior Member
    My in-laws bought one to watch blu-rays on their new HDTV. Now they are really into Rockband. However like it or not the recession will impact everyone disposable income and sales will slump. Long term I think the PS3 will succeed but I think Sony will need to revisit their strategies a few times to get it right. Also I don't like how the restructuring has SCE lumped in with Vaio and Walkman. Means they will likely move electronics in general based on their success or lack of.

skwishee
    Quote Originally Posted by atomsk View Post
    INCINERATION!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Which got me thinking that people usually say they got a certain console to buy a certain game but really, most people look at other things first before making their purchase.
    Im one of those who brought the GC just for resident evil remake and zero. (and i would happily have done it again.)

The PS3 I only brought (at the time) as it was when the 60gigs with BC where being discontinued in europe. If it wasnt for that I wouldnt have brought it. (Edit:- I was planning to eventually mind!)

The PSP I brought since I could. Never play the thing

The DS came with my phone as a freebie.

So I cant say that I usualy look at things when I get consoles :P

Forum Guru
    Oh well, it doesn't matter to me. As long the PS3 has high quality games i am all good. Which they are doing really great so far

Killzone 2 = 1 of the best fps shooter i had played and best online mulitplayer game i had ever played

MGS4 = Best 3rd person shooter game this gen, best game story this gen

And i am sure FFXIII will be the best JRPG game and GOWIII will be the best action game for this gen for me as well. So the high quality games are there, i won't be worried, Sony should worry what games should they make to let people buy a PS3 though.
    PSN and XBL ID: EspadaKiller

Steam ID: god_of_shawn

My blog: www.espadakiller.wordpress.com Follow me @twitter as well!

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    "Always stay away from downloadable PSN titles."

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmwpsycho-93 View Post
    not one game but alot of great games will
    This + price cut.

Elite Sage

Yeah but that's GAF you're talking about

Thread Information