The strategy guide has been released and with it, details about the all new Multiplayer modes on RE5.These include...
Slayer: Plays very similar to Mercenaries, but with players competing against each other to get the highest score from kill infected souls and B.O.Ws. A handicap system helps the player with the lowest points by doubling the amount of points they are awarded (though this doesn't apply to combo bonuses). Time Bonus and Combo Bonus rules apply as before, with enemy types and item locations remaining the same (as in Mercenaries).
If any player dies during a game, they lose points and will reappear elsewhere on the map to carry on playing (note: you may sometimes spawn in the heat of a battle, or next to a boss). There is no limit to the amount of times you can die, though you shouldn't expect much of a score if you do too often. Most players will encounter enemies on difficulty grade level 6 (Normal/Veteran), but the leading player must battle enemies on Grade level 10 (Pro level).
There is a lot more, but it's involving statistics, and bonuses. Essentially, a Versus Mercenary mode.
This game variant is all about Player VS Player action. There are still aggressive creatures present, making the arenas more challenging, but their frequency has been reduced. Combos no longer play a role, as the points you score are directly received from dealing damage to other players. There are no points for killing monsters. You must also strive from taking any damage from the monsters yourself.
Each player starts with just a basic firearm, with powerful weapons littered about the arena. Every map has different combination of weapons, and you may wish to acquire weapons from bosses by killing them.
Rest is statistics. Essentially a versus Mercenary mode, but with points coming from directly harming other players themselves.
There are team versions of these modes, pitting 2V2 action. So, obvious what they are.
They are also going to be using all 8 maps from the Mercenary mode with little different configurations for each character
Here are the new achievements/trophies for DLC:
- Army of One - Win 30 matches in Slayers.
- Eye of the Tiger- Win 30 matches in Survivors.
- The Team that slays together - Win 30 matches in Team Slayers.
- We Will Survive - Win 30 matces in Team Survivors.
- Keep the good times rolling - Chain a 20-defeated combo in Slayers.
- It takes two to tango - Chain a 40-defeated combo in Team Slayers.
- It's all about the points - Score at least 40,000 points in Survivors.
- There is no "I" in team - Score at least 80,000 points in Team Survivors.
- Let's get this party started! - Unlock all selectable characters in Versus.
- Bring the Pain - Defeat 100 players using physical attacks in Versus.
here is a picture from the actual guide book to verify claims!!http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3103/reversusmode.png
Latest PSU headlines:
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Resident Evil 5 Free DLC; Versus and Slayer modesYour signature was far too tall.
The limit for signatures is 120 by 500 and 35KB.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)