Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Sirius XM Radio coming to PS3 PSN

In May of 2008 a brilliant development group was assembled. This team is called Global Spectrus Development (Corp) who's core was comprised of an Economic Philosopher, an Economic Physics Professor/Author and a CFA/hedge fund manager, all of whom were up 35%-52% at their respective funds in 2008. The main objective of this group was to find long and short term value in the SiriusXM satellite Radio company. With the decline of the Auto industry, Global Spectrus looked towards alternate delivery methods for SiriusXM Radio to attach itself. Global Spectrus found this in Sony's Playstation 3 and Playstation Network.

Although the declining economy dictated a devaluation of luxury items and services such as SiriusXM, the group had realized that SiriusXM was enormously undervalued despite what annalists were reporting, particularly Goldman Sachs analyst Mark Wienkes (SEE HERE[/url]) who valued SiriusXM common Stock (SIRI) at .25 in October 2008.

In June 2008, 5 months prior to Goldman Sachs' devaluation of SiriusXM stock, the Global Spectrus Team developed a comprehensive and in depth business plan showing SiriusXM's common stock value (SIRI:$13.50>) and potential growth over the next 8 years. This growth and potential value hinged on a Strategic Partnership between SiriusXM and Sony/SCEA. This partnership gave Sony the exclusive rights to offer SiriusXM content on the Playstation Network (PSN). It also included a plan to enable the streaming of SiriusXM content during Videogame play.

The plan went on to show the many advantages of this strategic partnership. Besides the obvious revenue advantages, here are a few the plan included.
    The advantage for Sirius included:
    (1) The instantaneous addition of PSN's 20+ million subscriber base, effectively giving Sirius around 40 million subscribers by 2009.
    (2) SiriusXM Radio could now broadcast music to households worldwide through PSN.

Sony's advantages included:
    (1) Saving much needed HDD space. Memory used for storing Music (MP3s) could now be freed up. Streaming Music/content does not require HDD space.
    (2) Streaming music during gameplay. This would allow Sony to offer Downloadable content that no other game system could offer. For example - SiriusXM has exclusive contracts with the NFL & MLB. Gamers would now be able to play John Madden Football while listening to the NFL Channel, Music or even an NFL game. Gamers would be able to play Burnout Paradise or GTA while listening to Music or any SiriusXM content.
    (3) The idea could not be duplicated to the same degree by Sony's competitor's because SiriusXM Radio has exclusive content such as NFL & MLB.
    (4) Adding the aspect of unlimited 24 hour Music and SiriusXM content would solidify the PS3 as the world's most complete home entertainment system.

The business plan went on to show an enormous rate of return for both Sony & SiriusXM as well as long term growth for both companies that exceeded the financial prospect of any Media company operating today, including Apple's ITunes.

Since Global Spectrus presented this plan in November of 2008 we have seen several media companies vying for position with SiriusXM, the latest being Apple who will be broadcasting SiriusXM on the IPhone.

Apple's brilliant move to offer SiriusXM content via IPhone was a strategic maneuver which blocked their competitors from offering SiriusXM's exclusive content on other IPhone & IPod rivals.

Global Spectrus sees the last battle for SiriusXM content being between the console Giants. This will give the winner world dominance of the music content field via game console.

Imagine if Sony & Sirius would have jumped on this when first presented almost a year ago. "Ahead of the curve" is an understatement.

Here are some Photoshop visuals that were included in the Global Spectrus presentation. Enjoy!

Sandy Claws
    Now that would be cool.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Could you post the source link?

Dedicated Member
    Yes! I love sirius in my car, I have had it since 2005 and really can't go back to regular radio. I would love to listen to Jason Ellis while playing games

Veteran
    Always looking for more tunes to play on the PS3.

Until this comes along I use:

icebergradio.com

A sourceless source.
    My game scores, based on how much I enjoyed playing 'em: Resistance: 93% Motorstorm/PR: 90%/90% RB6V: 45% NGS: 30% Oblivion: 30% COD3: 55% SC Double agent: 25% Full Auto: 0% Ridge Racer 7: 10%. Darkness: 88% FEAR: 70% Fight Night R3: 30% GRAW2: 78% Heavenly Sword: 84% Warhawk: 85% COD4: 92% Uncharted: 103% Everbody's Golf: 93% Haze 66% MGS4 72% GT5p+G25=100% Fallout 3 92% Infamous 100% U2AT: 115%

Apprentice

I hope they add the comedy stations!

Do you have to pay for the subscription for it, or is this a joint thing through Sony? Like Dish Network has with them.

Elite Member
    This would be very cool. I wonder what they would do if you already have a subscription to Sirius?
    "Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    or you can use pandora.com

Elite Member
    PS3 is doing it big for sure! The exlcusive NFL channel during certain sports games will def draw multiplat owners big time. very well done sony!
    VPCEB17FX Bose Companion System
    50' SXRD XBR2 & DAV-HDX274 Theatre
    PS3 320GB & 500GB & PSP GO 32GB

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Sryche
    Items Guerrilla Gamesid Software
    yeah...where exactly is the source from?

"Don't Be Surprised If You Mind When You Find Me." ~ Life of Agony

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chimam2002 View Post
    or you can use pandora.com
    you cannot use this during gameplay, and sirrusxm is a completly diff animal then pandora. I love pandora but its not sirrusxm thats for sure. This isnt the same thing.
    VPCEB17FX Bose Companion System
    50' SXRD XBR2 & DAV-HDX274 Theatre
    PS3 320GB & 500GB & PSP GO 32GB

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    can you listen to sirius while playing a game? if so am already in line to subscribe whenever it hits and assuming this is real!

Christmas Thief
    Wow this would be awesome. I'd be all over getting the Howard Stern show streamed through my PS3. I wasn't about to buy all the crap you need to get it in your car.

Forum Guru
    Hmm. I have XM in my car. If I could just access it on my Ps3 without having to pay more that would be cool. But I would't pay more to get it on my Ps3.

Superior Member
    I'd love this....I just hope it's not going to cost anything. I can't really see that happening though. I'm sure it'll just be a subscription.

Sig by Sn00pSta00 - Thanks!!

Elite Member
    YAAAAY!! Oh wait... *checks label, US only*, bummer...
    ^ my prediction of how the EU will be treated ^

Forum Sage

Subscription requirements or not, I'd be all over this in a heartbeat. This would take care of all the In-game music problems and completely satisfy those that want the feature. I really hope Sony does this.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    as of now this will be the 3rd service on the psn....when you go to your account management, click service subscription and you'll see HOME(when you click the tab you see all the items you've purchased from home) and the picture thing(dont know the name), for some reason Qore is not under that category. i guess this service will be right under that tab

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hillybilly View Post
    YAAAAY!! Oh wait... *checks label, US only*, bummer...
    ^ my prediction of how the EU will be treated ^
    Ya...never thought about that. That would suck. Although, SiriusXM is in Canada as well, so hopefully i won't be restricted to the US only. Do you have SiriusXM in the UK?

Sig by Sn00pSta00 - Thanks!!

Superior Member
    Sweet, I get to listen to 24-hour Metallica AND play games at the same time, without headphones! If it comes with Hair Nation, I'll just keep it on all day, listening to Ozzy. Lucky for me, my dad has a Sirius subscription.

But.. where's the source? The sourcless source has no confirmation from Sony/Sirius.
    Platinum/100%: -Fallout 3- -Call of Duty: World at War- -Bioshock- -Modern Warfare 2- -Bioshock 2- -Bioshock: Infinite- -Call of Duty: Black Ops-

Forum Sage
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim
    Notice the graphics have the currency as British pounds. If this does indeed come to the UK, I'll be chuffed to bits.

Apprentice
    wow. would be awesome if true.

The Elmo Man
    I hope that's not the actual pricing strategy... Doesn't it make more sense to just keep it at the usual monthly subscription for everything?

Or maybe have both I suppose...

Thread Information